Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 13:47   #31

Re: Australia - Indonesia - South Africa - Caribbean

Hello!

I am a 19yr old with a basic Bareboat Cruising license. Looking to help aboard a sailboat for a few months. Currently a web developer. Would like to take my father along if that would be alright. He's at the same level of experience as me.

Please let me know if you need a skipper!

Thank you,
-Elizabeth Ferrao
Old 07-08-2013, 17:56   #32

Hi -- I'm interested. Available from beginning of October - I'm currently working as a IYT basic sailing instructor in Phuket, Thailand. I have done a couple of deliveries Carribean to Med. and back, around Thailand and Malaysia, Bali to Singapore. Send me an e-mail bethms84@yahoo.com if you want more info or a CV. Hope to hear from you. Beth
Old 15-08-2013, 02:14   #33

hi

sounds like an amazing trip ya have planned! ....myself (Lou) and my friend (Soto) are currently in greece.....have just finished a sesason here as crew cook, we'll be heading to cape town (im south african/austrian) in a few weeks. after the plan is to head to the caribbean. we might still be in ct when ya get there, we'd be interrested in doing the sa to caribbean leg

I have done yacht deliveries etc before and my friend is ex-navy so we have plenty of sailing experience i play the guitar, love to cook and soto is an excellent fisherman

if ya want to message send to tessi_lou@yahoo.ie

cheers
Old 16-08-2013, 05:01   #34

Hello Kirk!

Im interested in joining you from Bali and all the way to Trinidad. Im a 20yr old, live in Sweden and have been working as a chef for about a year, which I also have an education in.

I dont have any qualifications within sailing, except that I have been freetime-sailing for my whole life + I have worked as a cook on a big sailing ship this summer. Its really my biggest interest and something I would like to develop.

I love meeting new people and Im willing to take part of all kinds of work onbord (of course).

Looking forward to hear from you!

Saga Söderholm

Ps: here is a link to the ship that i have been sailing on: Skonaren Vega
Old 17-08-2013, 03:07   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaSoderholm View Post
Hello Kirk!

Im interested in joining you from Bali and all the way to Trinidad. Im a 20yr old, live in Sweden and have been working as a chef for about a year, which I also have an education in.

I dont have any qualifications within sailing, except that I have been freetime-sailing for my whole life + I have worked as a cook on a big sailing ship this summer. Its really my biggest interest and something I would like to develop.

I love meeting new people and Im willing to take part of all kinds of work onbord (of course).

Looking forward to hear from you!

Saga Söderholm

Ps: here is a link to the ship that i have been sailing on: Skonaren Vega
Forgot to give you my email address: s1993@live.se
Old 17-08-2013, 14:16   #36

Hello! We are jesica and matias, an argentinian couple and we are actually living in new zealand but we would love to join you in your trip because that is exactly what we were looking for.
We are both doctors, we finished our university studies last year. We are very helpful, easy going, friendly and we have dreamed to sail in a boat and learn a lot of things related to it since we don't have experience yet.
We can help you with the maintenance, cooking, cleaning and whatever you need.

Our phone number is 0277040788.

We look forward to hearing from you

Jesica and Matias
Old 17-08-2013, 17:17   #37

Your inbox is already full, so I guess you got quite a decent number of interested people.

If you come past New Caledonia, there is a motivated young sailor who would also love to join in too.

Cheers!
Old 18-08-2013, 15:01   #38

Howdy Kirk,

I’m an American currently studying in Cape Town, South Africa. I complete my MBA in December and had planned to sail home. I’m 26 years old, physically fit. I’ve completed my competent crew certification and am working on my day skipper cert. I grew up in Seattle sailing dinghies and have sail extensively in the Puget Sound and South East Alaska. I’ve never sailed out of coastal waters but I learned to make coffee and stand watch over six years in the coast guard reserve.

I’ve been in Africa for some time now and have traveled whenever possible. As a business student studying in Africa and traveling in Africa… well I’m comfortable interacting with local authorities and cough, bribes.
I’d be honored to make your crew and very grateful for the ride home.

Please contact me at:
Biscuitboyd@gmail.com
Brwboy001@gsb.uct.ac.za

Thank you,
Boyd
Old 19-08-2013, 07:27   #39

Boat: looking for crew positions

hei Kirk.

I am Oliver and have dreamed of sailing around the world for many years. So far i have very little sailing experience, the only time i have been longer then a couple of hours on a sailing boat was 2 years ago on a five day charter in Zanzibar (50' Catamaran).
I've read hundreds of hours about sailing, but due to my work was not able to get this into practice.
The last 6 1/2 years i travelled the world to work for Doctors whitout Boders as a logistician/admin and lately as a project coordinator.
I am planning on a new direction and this trip would fit perfectly into my plans.

I'm 35, quite tall, 6'4" and fit and willing to learn ALL there is to know about sailing the globe.

I think i am very easy going and I am easily satisfied. This comes from my time with the NGO where i was living in quite harsh conditions from time to time.

I do speak four languages fluently: German (mother tongue, although i am italian citizen), english, spanish and italian.
I'm very hands on, as i grew up on a farm and am not shy to get my hands dirty. As well i like to cook, i'm know for my Lasagne and Pasta, but still want to learn more and i do love fish

I think i am quite social, but do appreciate also my own time, when i feel i need it. I'm not a big drinker, but do not mind a nice party here and there…

well, i guess thats it for now.
let me know if your interested in getting to know me more and we can see if this is going to work out

cheers and have a great time
Olli
Old 26-08-2013, 20:08   #40

Boat: Newport 28

Hey there...I would be very interested in joining you for your whole trip if you still are looking. I am a merchant marine by trade and an Academy graduate. I'm proficient in marlinspike, navigation, and general vessel maintenance. I was also a diesel mechanic before switching to the merchant marines. I have also been living on and sailing a number of different sailboats for the last 6 years. I'm 25, financially secure and an avid runner and crossfit competitor. Looking to get started doing more offshore sailing with my free time and always enjoy working with people who enjoy the same passion of sailing and the ocean. You can get ahold of me at 1anchoredsailor@gmail.com . Thank you!
Old 27-08-2013, 10:37   #41

Crew for South Africa - Caribbean

Hi Kirk,

I like the sound of your message and I'd be happy to join you for Cape Town -> Carribbean.

Sailed on Atlantic twice from Spain to Canaries, no crossing yet. Keen on sailing more, learning more.

29yrs from Vienna, good vibes, good cook. 100% reliable for watches etc., intelligent, mentally tough, physically strong, fluent in Spanish & Portuguese.

I am easy, clean and don't eat or talk too much. Also, I'm an expert on bribes as I am currently living in Mozambique.

Cheers,
Mano
manostravels@gmail.com
Old 29-08-2013, 04:16   #42

Hi Kirk

If you are still looking for crew I could be interested in joining you for a few months. Maybe October, November, December ish.

I am a 50yr old fit healthy nearly all my own teeth and not quite as much hair as I once had, Englishman. I learned to sail as a boy and have sailed the North Sea twice and the English Channel numerous times.
I have my Yacht Masters theory but did not have enough sea miles at the time to take my practical, I have sailed the Atlantic since.
If you need crew for the last quarter of the year please email me at
paul_chew@hotmail.com I will send you more details about me.

I have undertaken a "few adventurers" during my time which makes for interesting stories on long evenings.

Hope to hear from you

Paul
Old 30-08-2013, 08:53   #43

Boat: Bristol 22'

Hi I am very interested! I am 18, I live in bar harbor Maine and have been a private boat captain for 3 years. I've worked and sailed with Morris yachts, worked on outboards at Bowden marine, and I'm experienced with my fathers Bristol 22'. My best friend and I are looking to take some time off and travel... And what better way to do so than by water?! We are very optimistic and positive people, Into farming, fishing, boating and camping. We work very well with others and want to learn everything about the ocean! I would love to meet up with you in October for the rest of your trip! Contact me if interested, thank you
Old 31-08-2013, 17:41   #44

Hi Kirk.

I am very interested in your voyage... as many seem to be I have been sailing on a passport 40 for the past few months and have been learning atlot living on her 24/7. I am currently in New Caledonia.
Im very keen on learning more about sailing as I am thouroughly enjoying this lifestyle.
I am a 26 year old New Zealander who has been travelling internationally on and off for ruffly 4 years.
Please PM me if you think I maybe a suitable candidate.
Many thanks,

INKI
Old 02-09-2013, 03:29   #45

Hi,

I am a 31yr old man from Denmark with a basic sailing license. Have my own boat in Copenhagen 24ft Drabant. Looking to help aboard a sailboat for a few months from mid/late sep. Currently a IT Project manager.

Please let me know if you still are looking for crew.

Cheers,
-Mads

Tags
Africa, Australia, Caribbean, Indonesia