Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2010, 03:39   #1

Boat: Lagoon 440 Pathfinder
Australia East Coast

We usually take our 44 ft cat from victoria to Queensland every winter and back Oct/Nov and have spots for crew.
Currently inNewcastle heading to Hervey Bay.
All food supplied and laid back sailing
Old 29-08-2010, 21:28   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 440
Any good?

Hi there! I was thinking of using this service, but is it any good? I haven't used anything like it even if I'm in great need of extra crew sometimes. Please give a fellow Australian sailor a tip by letting me know if this is a worthwhile service. I appreciate if you drop me comment at: adamharbi@hotmail.com

Cheers mate
Adam
Old 31-08-2010, 00:49   #3

Adam,

I'm just south of Brisbane and looking for any crewing opportunities to gain experience for future plans. Not new to it but 'bin a long long time....
Old 23-09-2010, 02:10   #4

Smile crew available

I am keen to help crew on your 44ft - have RYA day skipper cert and have whitsunday charter experience. I can currently be available at short notice. Looking to buy a CAT myself and do the east coast trip too so the experience would be invaluable. Call on 0421178062. Thanks. Keith.
Old 27-09-2010, 03:54   #5

I would love to crew on your boat

My name is Olly Cardozo, I currently live in North Yorkshire, UK and will be 19 in November 2010. I am planning to take a Gap Year from October 2010 before my law degree begins at Bristol University (UK) in October 2011. During this time, I am looking any for crew or skipper work anywhere in the world.
I am passionate about sailing and I would ultimately love to get my Yachtmaster qualification and become a professional skipper. I am really seeking during this year both to broaden my knowledge and experience of sailing and to get some good Coastal and Ocean miles in my logbook. I am totally flexible with what opportunities I get and I am prepared to combine sailing work with other tasks if that suit.
I have taken dinghy and catamaran courses for 10 years in Brittany, France where I have gained a Level 5 French National Instructor qualification. I also compete regularly during my summer holidays on Hobie Cat 18s in French regional regattas.
I started sailing on yachts when I took my RYA Competent Crew in 2008. This inspired me to gain the RYA level 2 Powerboat (ICC) and RYA Day Skipper qualifications this year (2010). So far, I have done a mixture of 1500 Tidal and Non-Tidal miles onboard yachts off the UK coast and in the Mediterranean, either on courses or recreationally with friends; these include 26 night hours and are all in my logbook. I also have my VHF licence.
I am a fluent French speaker and would welcome working with an international crew or family. I consider myself physically strong and hard working but I am also looking forward to the ‘team based’ social aspect that is naturally paired to sailing.

Contact details

Telephone: Landline: 01325 377450
Mobile: 07772536157 (preferred)

Email: olly_cardozo@live.com

Address: Moulton Manor
Moulton
Richmond
North Yorkshire DL10 6QG

Date of Birth: 7th November 1991
Old 27-09-2010, 16:51   #6

Boat: Roberts,Sloop,34', Azure
Hi, I hope to be sailing my 34' Roberts Sloop, from Gladstone Qld. to Adelaide, sometime between Mid Nov. and Jan 2011. I could do with some help if anyone is available. please get in touch. Regards Tom
Old 27-09-2010, 17:18   #7

Sailing Reply

Dear Tom,

I would love to join you on your cruise. I would be flying out sometime mid november and return to england just before christmas. Is that okay with you?
Regards,
Olly Cardozo
Old 27-09-2010, 18:34   #8

Boat: Farr 44 Ocean Racer - Pit crew & backup helm.
Hi Dirkdig,

I would really welcome the opportunity to sail with you on your cat.

I am a very dependable commercially qualified skipper with an unrestricted Coxswains certification who is sober & a non drug taker. I am also medically fit and do not take any form of prescription medication - an aspirin is my limit! I just love the ocean and thoroughly enjoy spending time on it and living aboard a vessel.

I am very tidy, clean, hard working and very well organised and have the greatest respect for your vessel and will keep it very clean and keep an eye out for things that need attention BEFORE they need it.

I am very thorough when I join a vessel and I am not a person who just expects to come on board and cast off the lines and leave the dock. I get to know a vessel thoroughly before departure and I'm sure that this will give you a great deal of reassurance and I am confident that you will find me to be an asset on board.

I am experienced in navigation through either paper charting or use of electronic equipment including GPS & radar and have considerable experience on passages on the East coast of Australia including considerable night time navigation on both powered cruisers and yachts.

I get on well with everyone and never suffer from seasickness in any circumstance. I am also a very experienced fisherman (see my attached photos) so certainly know how to find some dinner as well and I am quite handy in the galley.

Please put me on your list of potential crew.
Old 27-09-2010, 21:09   #9

Hello there ! I'm Antoine, 22 years old french guy, travelling in Australia I'm in Townsville actually !
I dream since a long time to travel on a boat, but I have no experience!
I will be happy to help you and work on a boat, I'm an hard worker, and serious mate, handy, good cook, experience as waiter !
Any destination, any time !
Contact me via PM or at multidiznuts :at: hotmail :dot: com
Thanks

Tags
Australia, east coast