Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2012, 09:07   #1

Aussie girl and US guy in Florida looking to head south

Bridget (33 from Australia) and me (Kenny, 26 from New York / Connecticut) are down here in Florida looking to find a boat cruising to or towards South America, ideally through the Caribbean, but easily OK with Bahamas or Central America, etc.

Bridget has some experience sailing around Australia, I met her traveling around last year. Now she's in the US, we hitchhiked clear across the country up to New York and now down to Florida, we're in the Keys at the moment looking for boats.

We're ready to go today, tomorrow, the sooner the better! I've been traveling for five years, this will be my first trip by boat and first time to South America, it's exciting. Bridget is amazing, into gymnastics and worked for the circus for a bit back in Australia.

Looking forward to meeting someone who's sailing that way, just let us know, thanks all!
Old 20-01-2012, 09:12   #2

Re: Aussie girl and US guy in Florida looking to head south

By the way, here's links to our couchsurfing profiles (hospitality exchange website) to get an idea of who we are.

CouchSurfing - Ken Flannery

CouchSurfing - Bridget Kirwan
Old 08-02-2012, 04:19   #3

Boat: Jeanneau,Sun Odyssey,47 feet

Hi, we are family cruising on a 47" with our 10 year old girl, we actually are in the virgin islands, heading to Porto Rico, Dominican Republic, Haiti and Cuba (february - march) then to Panama (april) and the Pacific crossing.
We are looking for crew to help on the boat and share that great experience with us. We share the cost of food and gazole, which doesn't amount to much, the cost of visas and stuff, the biggest expense probably beeing beers in ports, and the return airline ticket of course.
We offer a double berth and private bathroom for whoever will come with us.
If you're interested or want to know more about us, please ask.
Old 14-06-2012, 08:08   #4

Key West to Isla Mujeres, Mx., Belize, Guatamala. 36' Islander.
Wife and I are both 63 and retired. She has decided to fly.
Are you available soon. First weather window.
Jack/Sharolyn
Old 19-06-2012, 15:14   #5

From Puerto RIco to Colombia in a Venture 33. If interested send me a note. jcsscs at hotmail.com

Departing June 27, 2012

Regards

Karibe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenflannery View Post
Bridget (33 from Australia) and me (Kenny, 26 from New York / Connecticut) are down here in Florida looking to find a boat cruising to or towards South America, ideally through the Caribbean, but easily OK with Bahamas or Central America, etc.

Bridget has some experience sailing around Australia, I met her traveling around last year. Now she's in the US, we hitchhiked clear across the country up to New York and now down to Florida, we're in the Keys at the moment looking for boats.

We're ready to go today, tomorrow, the sooner the better! I've been traveling for five years, this will be my first trip by boat and first time to South America, it's exciting. Bridget is amazing, into gymnastics and worked for the circus for a bit back in Australia.

Looking forward to meeting someone who's sailing that way, just let us know, thanks all!
Old 20-06-2012, 17:25   #6

Boat: Brewer 44

Sailing from Florida to the Bahamas and back July 14-30.

Message me for more info.
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowning, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. Semper Paratus!
Old 24-06-2012, 15:50   #7

Hello Guys. I am leaving on a 33 Venture in about 4 days, I am going to colombia, and if interested, let me know and I can hold on for a day or two waiting for you.

regards

JC

]Bridget (33 from Australia) and me (Kenny, 26 from New York / Connecticut) are down here in Florida looking to find a boat cruising to or towards South America, ideally through the Caribbean, but easily OK with Bahamas or Central America, etc.

Looking forward to meeting someone who's sailing that way, just let us know, thanks all![/QUOTE]
Old 26-06-2012, 09:52   #8

Are you still in Florida, where? I had one crew who had to bail unexpectedly today. We expect a weather window on Friday to head from Key West to Isla Mujeres on Islander. Recently retired couple.
Jack
Old 26-06-2012, 11:50   #9

Thank you anyway.

Happy winds..

Karibe
Old 26-06-2012, 11:52   #10

Sorry Jack. I am in Puerto Rico and departing on Thursday or Fry to Colombia. If you know anyone interested in tagging alone, please let me know.

Best regards and good luck in your trip.

Are you still in Florida, where? I had one crew who had to bail unexpectedly today. We expect a weather window on Friday to head from Key West to Isla Mujeres on Islander. Recently retired couple.
Jack[/QUOTE]

Tags
florida, head