Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2014, 00:25   #1

Boat: Gozzard, G36, 42' LOA
Send a message via Skype™ to ozjoff
Auckland to Australia (Mar-Apr 2014)

Hi

I have a 36' Gozzard (42' overall) mono-hull cutter rigged yacht heading for Australia.

I will depart Auckland on or around 31 March 2014 (weather permitting) and then officially leave NZ from Opua. We MAY stop at Lord Howe Island to break the journey and enjoy what that location has to offer. However this could change depending on the weather.

We will log somewhere between 1,250Nms to 1,400Nms depending on the circumstances.

In 2010-2012 I completed a successful Atlantic and South Pacific crossing to Australia and then a Tasman Sea crossing to New Zealand in November 2012. In 2013 I sailed to Fiji and back to New Zealand. Now its time to cross the Tasman again. The planned destination will be Newcastle, but I have no problems arriving in Sydney or Coffs Harbour if it means more comfort to the crew.

If you are interested and can function in a team environment with offshore sailing experience and galley skills, you are most welcome.

ALL JOBS WILL BE SHARED EQUALLY.

I look forward to your response.

Jeff
zerotwoonetwofivesixseventhreenineeight
Old 13-01-2014, 00:20   #2
dbw

Re: Auckland to Australia (Mar-Apr 2014)

Am interested; will send PM with details of experience.
Old 17-01-2014, 12:21   #3

I will be in Australia (the east coast) the whole month of April and am looking to spend about two weeks crewing on a boat. I have about three years experience with limited (ten days) off shore experience. If you have room or need crew during that month please let me know.
Safe travels
Rochelle
Old 17-01-2014, 12:23   #4

Hi. This will just be a delivery. One destination only
Old 17-01-2014, 20:30   #5

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop

hello ozjoff I am 49 years old ,I have a 17 footer trailer sailer ,I use in lake Macquarie . its a very large salt water lake just south off Newcastle .I have been out at sea in a 60 ft charter fishing boat for 2 weeks duration ,several times, east off the great barrier reef. I am available at the time you need .I am not a bad cook , I have worked night shift regularly ,so can keep watch when ever needed . you may get better qualified volunteer's .however if you find yourself shorthanded shoot me a line on jamesgurr@hotmail.com.au
Old 24-01-2014, 21:51   #6

Hi James

Send me a PM. The email address you quoted doesn't work
Jeff
Old 28-01-2014, 17:51   #7

Hi Jeff,

I am looking for a opportunity to gain some offshore crewing experience and I saw your post. Thought I'd send you a brief line.

I'm a 28 y/o male, Mechatronics engineer from Newcastle. I've just taken 12 months of work to get some more sailing experience. I have 4 years experience as crew aboard a 27 ft Beneteau for day races on Lake Macquarie. I have also done ASA 101 and 103 courses in the US. I love sailing, and I'm really easy to get along with. If you're interested in having me aboard, PM me and I'll send you my contact details.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 30-01-2014, 14:00   #8

Hi Jeff,

How are you ?

My name is Adrien, i am 28 years old, french (fluent in english though), and i am currently touring around the world without using any plane (so sailing quite a bit then)
I really loved your message and it would be great if i could be part of your crew.

Here is what i have done so far on the sea.

I crossed the Atlantic on a cargoship (14 days)
Sailed in the Caribbean sea for 5 days on a 50ft monohull (i was cook on board for some tourists and did some nightwatches)
Crossed from Panama to French Polynesia (46 days) on a 33ft monohull. We were only towo so i had to help basically for everything (manouvers, cooking, cleaning, nightwatches)
From French Polynesia to Fiji (about a month but we stop on some islands on the way) on a 50ft monohull with two other persons (the captain and his girlfriend)
And from Fiji to New Zealand (about 1 week of sailing in Fiji and then 11 days crossing) on a 50ft catamaran with a skipper and two other crew member.

So here is my experience on sea, i want to let you know that i am hard working when needed, that i can cook pastas (and a lot more), and that i am extremely motivated as i felt in love with the big blue lady.

Please let me know if you want to meet or you can call me on my cellphone (twotwothreesevenfiveeighttwofiveeight). I am currently in the south island right now but i move a lot so i can go up to the north island before march if you need to meet me.

Best regards,

Adrien
Old 01-02-2014, 14:48   #9

Hey there! I'm currently in Panama City, and I've worked as a sailor aboard a 45' steel hull ketch rig sailing between the San Blas Islands and Cartagena (a short but not easy crpssing). Our sail boat took passengers and my duties included dealing with them and doing almost all the cooking, PLUS the standard sailor duties so i know how to work hard. The only crew members were the captain and myself, so we split time at the tiller (3 hour shifts). I know my way around a boat and I'm an expert carpenter (I owned a construction company in Texas). Id even be willing to help you with repairs to your boat. I'm planning on being in Panama through march at the latest, then I planned on flying to Austrailia. However, if you are serious about making this trip I could get a ticket to Auckland instead. I'm a 29 y/o male, I get along with all types of people, and I'd love to make this crossing with you..
Old 01-02-2014, 16:40   #10

Hi how are you going with crew? I have been sailing all my life including 4 years on a catamaran all around Papua New Guinea. I am in Adelaide and have sailed most of the East coast both delivering boats down from PNG and around from Adelaide. I am a boat builder by trade and our family business is Austral yachts and have built a few hundred yachts there from dinghy's, trailer sailors and keel boats up to 50 footers. Anyway I hope all goes well my email is jeffinpng@pmail.com ..Cheers Jeff...
Old 01-02-2014, 22:59   #11

Tried your email address. It doesn't seem to work
Old 02-02-2014, 12:43   #12
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Columbia, 34'

Hello my name is Justin Jenkins I left San Diego last may on my columbia 34' with my girlfriend Anna. We arrived in the marquesas 1 month later. We have been traveling the south pacific since. Currently I am in American Samoa and I am looking for boat delivery jobs to make some cash to head to Fiji in april. I have ten years experience sailing. I am very fun and easy going. I am a hard worker and very handy with all boat work. I have served as cook aboard several deliveries offshore, as well as skippering boats up and down the california coast. I play sea chanties on guitar, and love to have a good time offshore while we are sailing and getting the job done at the same time. look forward to hearing from you.
Old 02-02-2014, 14:04   #13

Sorry justin this is not a paid delivery job
Old 02-02-2014, 14:20   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Keo View Post
Hi how are you going with crew? I have been sailing all my life including 4 years on a catamaran all around Papua New Guinea. I am in Adelaide and have sailed most of the East coast both delivering boats down from PNG and around from Adelaide. I am a boat builder by trade and our family business is Austral yachts and have built a few hundred yachts there from dinghy's, trailer sailors and keel boats up to 50 footers. Anyway I hope all goes well my email is jeffinpng@gmail.com ..Cheers Jeff...
Hi again sorry it is gmail
Old 02-02-2014, 14:39   #15
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Columbia, 34'

cool thanks bud have fun!

Tags
Australia, Auckland