Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 14:44   #1
fle

Atlantic Passage ( East to West ) Autumn 2011

Hi,

I'm Niko, a nice 25 year old Slovenian guy who loves the adventure.

In my quest for a better, funnier and fuller life I'm heading to South America this autumn and since I'm an old fashioned guy, I would like to do it the original way, by sailing.

I do all sorts of outdoor sports so I consider myself fit (but you can always do more), funny and willing to learn about everything. I know a little about sailing, mainly did weekend trips (on a 12m Elan 380 sailboat on the Adriatic sea) and I have a general knowledge (I have an ICC license for up to 24m boats) in knots and navigation. I fluently speak Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Serbian/Serbo-croatian and English and I am very (VERY) adaptable and I love the unknown (that doesn't mean I'm prepared for gay romance or joining sects that need all my money).
I'm prepared to learn it all and share the expenses. I think I can come to mostly any port in Europe to join the trip.
If scuba diving is planned along the way I pay you lots of beer!

Maybe it's a bit early for searching for a ride, but I hope this is an advantage

Cheers,
Niko

P.S.: Any info or any other help is well appreciated.
Old 11-04-2011, 14:17   #2
fle

Re: Atlantic passage east to west in autumn 2011

I should add, that I can cook, I can obey orders (been in the army) and I don't smoke or have any funny addiction.

If anyone has a tip on how could I get to a boat that will cross the Atlantic, I would deeply appreciate it.

Cheers
Old 11-04-2011, 14:26   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Atlantic passage east to west in autumn 2011

Apart from the occasional post in the crew seeking section on here try Noonsite...
Great sense of humour... Welcome to CF
Old 13-05-2011, 21:32   #4

Boat: Amel Maramu 1978 46'
Re: Atlantic Passage ( East to West ) Autumn 2011

Hello Nico, We are planning to leave late November for the Atlantic passage. The boat is an Amel Maramu.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:49   #5

Boat: Jeanneau,Sun Odyssey,47 feet
Re: Atlantic Passage ( East to West ) Autumn 2011

Hi Nico, we're a family of three who will be crossing the Atlantic at the end of August. I am American and my husband is French, our daughter is 10 years old, and we are a bilingual family starting out for some adventure. We need a crew to help get us to the Caribbean, Central America. We'll be leaving from La Rochelle, France then passing down to Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Cap Verte, etc...the usual tradewinds passage. We plan to be there for Christmas, but we are not in a hurry so if you may want to travel with us, please write back and let us know a little more about yourself. Our boat is a 47 foot sun odyssey.
Thank, ElizabethAnn