Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2012, 13:07   #1

Boat: Maxi 77
Atlantic crossing now nov/dec/jan

Hey!
Looking to crew on a boat crossing the Atlantic now in Nov/Dec/Jan. I'm currently sailing my way down to the Canaries and expect to arrive in Las Palmas around the 20th of November. However, I'm flexible with dates, port of departure and can make my way to the canaries earlier if required.

I'm a Swedish guy in my early twenties. I'm sensible, positive and social. I love sailing and have been sailed since I was 14. I have a small 25ft yatch myself back home with which I have been sailing regularly in costal and inshore areas for the last few years. My offshore experience is limited but consists of my ongoing trip, from Dover (UK) to Las Palmas (aprox 3000Nm) crewing on a 39 feet ketch (reference from the skipper can be arranged)
I fully capable to do most tasks including night watches single handed. I'm tidy, a descent cook, technical minded and also quite handy.
I have a Swedish Costal skipper diploma (equals Costal Yatch Master Diploma) and SRC/VHF certificate. I'm confident with day/night navigation and COLREG.
I speak excellent English, fluent Swedish and some German.
I pay my own flights and shared cost basis is not an issue.

Send me an email to martinlindqvist92 [AT] gmail [DOT] com if it sounds interesting.
For obvious reasons It's it crucial with meet up for trial prior to departure, ideally in the Canaries but I'm flexible.

Cheers and fair winds!

/ Martin

PS. I'm not interested in crossing with a charter boat.

Tags
atlantic crossing