Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-09-2014, 15:58   #1

Around the World...

Hi there. My name is Dustin and I'm hoping to find someone looking for crew to travel around the world. I have been traveling a lot over the past few years (approx 40 countries) by just about every land and air vehicle out there and I was hoping to try the biggest travel challenge out there, taking a boat around the world.

I have zero experience and or training. I am however very outgoing and very hard working and know that I would learn whatever job you needed me to take on, and would make a great travel buddy. I'm also an amateur writer and photographer and would really love to document the trip to the best of my abilities, hopefully writing a book when all is said and done.

So yeah, I know this is a long shot when I'm sure there are experienced people out there willing to volunteer their time but I had to take the chance. I wrote a similar post to this last winter and made it into the final short list of a boat owner looking to circumnavigate but the trip was abruptly canceled after the boat owner fell in love. SELFISH! Haha. So yeah. I got this news recently and thought I'd repost and take my chances again. Please reach out if you have any more questions or if you have any tips on how to make this dream a reality. Thank you so much!

Dustin
Old 25-09-2014, 00:59   #2

Re: Around the World...

I don't know how to edit this post but I wanted to add my direct email: dchav15 at hotmail dot com
Old 25-09-2014, 01:26   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchav15 View Post
I don't know how to edit this post but I wanted to add my direct email: dchav15 at hotmail dot com
I took the liberty of altering your email If you want it on there let me know and I will restore it.

There are computers trawling all day long for emails. You may find a huge increase in spam if its picked up. Better to ask for a PM and give email there.

The choice, as always is yours....
Old 25-09-2014, 01:52   #4

Boat: 45' CC ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchav15 View Post
Hi there. My name is Dustin and I'm hoping to find someone looking for crew to travel around the world.
It may help if you state your citizenship/passports too, because of visas issues that will certainly arise when travelling. As well, info on your age will help, too.
Old 26-09-2014, 03:01   #5

Yeah. Of course! I'm a 31 year old American. To be honest I was much more worried about writing too much and having no one want to read it. Wanted to keep it simple. That information is available (I believe) if you click on my profile name. Thanks for visiting the listing and your help!
Old 26-09-2014, 03:02   #6

Thank you so much. I never would have thought of that.
Old 06-11-2014, 18:26   #7

Hello,

My name is Carlos and in Puerto Rico and have a 2005, fully equipped 47' catamaran ready to go to Jamaica, Belize, Guatemala then to Panama. Plan on leaving Panama in Feb.-Mar. 2015 to Hawaii, then to Vancouver for the summer then south along west coast to Mexico, Galapagos then to So. Pacific. Looking for crew for all or part.
If interested contact me @ c.rios@documentcontrol.com for more details.

Best Regards,

Carlos

Tags
round the world