Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2014, 07:51   #1

pirate Arctic Norway - Lofoten Islands Senja - crew needed asap

Hi everyone,

A while ago we posted this as an advert for a photography workshop, but due to the late announcement we didn't get a group of photographers this year. We are really keen on this adventure anyway, so we would like to run this trip as a sailing expedition - you can join us by simply paying only the expenses for the charter.

Route: see the map attached: Tromso - Senja - Andoya - Vesterolen and a full circumnavigation of the Lofoten Islands

Dates: 23th August - 06th of September 2014

Boat: Delphia 47 built in 2009, fully equipped for Arctic conditions. She has 6 single berths and 2 double berths in 5 cabins – 2 persons per cabin.

The yacht has 112 square meters of sails, a reliable heating & hot water system (760l water tanks), power generator, 4 WC/showers, kitchen and large saloon with TV, DVD and radio. The yacht is also equipped with all the safety equipment needed like radar, autopilot, large liferaft, lifejackets, satellite SAR beacon, a powerful 75 hp outboard engine and an inflatable dinghy boat (also with an outboard engine) for getting to the shore.

The team:
Dominik Bac - skipper - Dominik is one of the most experienced Arctic skippers, having sailed successfully through the Northwest Passage, around both Americas, Patagonia, Antarctica and numerous others places in all oceans.

Wojtek Jarosinski - 2nd skipper - having sailed extensively for the last nearly 20 years together with Dominik.

Vlad Donkov (me) - Arctic photographer - I have spent a year on the islands and feel the place like a second home. I have lead expeditions and private groups there and have lots of local friends who will be helping us along the way.

The expenses: We will divide the costs for the charter and travel expenses of the team (2 of the 3 team members will work for free!) by 7. If interested I would send you a detailed budget in a PDF file. We need about 14 700 eur to pay the charter and organise the expedition.

2 weeks - 2100 euro / $2880

1 week - 1050 euro / $1440

Additional costs:
Food - up to you, usually around 15-20 eur a day
Flights to Tromso and from Svolvaer/Bodo (mainland Norway)

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested as the places are filling up quickly - email me at verticalshot@gmail.com

PS. The sailing expedition is suitable for beginners and sailors of all skills levels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sailing-expedition-norway.png
Views:	545
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	81279   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009-Polar-Norway-11.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	81280  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Lofoten-2012-2.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	81281   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lofoten-2012-1.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	81283  

Old 14-05-2014, 09:16   #2

Re: Arctic Norway - Lofoten Islands Senja - crew needed asap

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladD View Post
Hi everyone,

A while ago we posted this as an advert for a photography workshop, but due to the late announcement we didn't get a group of photographers this year. We are really keen on this adventure anyway, so we would like to run this trip as a sailing expedition - you can join us by simply paying only the expenses for the charter.

Route: see the map attached: Tromso - Senja - Andoya - Vesterolen and a full circumnavigation of the Lofoten Islands

Dates: 23th August - 06th of September 2014

Boat: Delphia 47 built in 2009, fully equipped for Arctic conditions. She has 6 single berths and 2 double berths in 5 cabins – 2 persons per cabin.

The yacht has 112 square meters of sails, a reliable heating & hot water system (760l water tanks), power generator, 4 WC/showers, kitchen and large saloon with TV, DVD and radio. The yacht is also equipped with all the safety equipment needed like radar, autopilot, large liferaft, lifejackets, satellite SAR beacon, a powerful 75 hp outboard engine and an inflatable dinghy boat (also with an outboard engine) for getting to the shore.

The team:
Dominik Bac - skipper - Dominik is one of the most experienced Arctic skippers, having sailed successfully through the Northwest Passage, around both Americas, Patagonia, Antarctica and numerous others places in all oceans.

Wojtek Jarosinski - 2nd skipper - having sailed extensively for the last nearly 20 years together with Dominik.

Vlad Donkov (me) - Arctic photographer - I have spent a year on the islands and feel the place like a second home. I have lead expeditions and private groups there and have lots of local friends who will be helping us along the way.

The expenses: We will divide the costs for the charter and travel expenses of the team (2 of the 3 team members will work for free!) by 7. If interested I would send you a detailed budget in a PDF file. We need about 14 700 eur to pay the charter and organise the expedition.

2 weeks - 2100 euro / $2880

1 week - 1050 euro / $1440

Additional costs:
Food - up to you, usually around 15-20 eur a day
Flights to Tromso and from Svolvaer/Bodo (mainland Norway)

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested as the places are filling up quickly - email me at verticalshot@gmail.com

PS. The sailing expedition is suitable for beginners and sailors of all skills levels

You guys are rude this should be in the selling section not forum. You arent looking for crew you're lookig for clients!
Old 14-05-2014, 09:30   #3

Stevediveski, no need to send me rude private messages!

Haven't I made it clear?

We have chartered a boat and hired a great skipper - our commercial expedition is not going to happen this year - therefore we are happy to get other people onboard for just expenses paid.

What is so strange with that? Sure, if the boat was mine, I wouldn't have asked for anything but sharing only food and fuel costs.

I have no idea why you have to shun people who are enthusiastic and want to run an expedition in the Arctic for the love of it. We could have cancelled the trip and it would have been easier for us as we wouldn't risk loosing any money, right?

I respect the moderators' opinion - and would leave the topic for them to decide.
Old 14-05-2014, 09:35   #4

Boat: O'Day 302

Any of you guys rock climbers?
Old 14-05-2014, 09:55   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_alpine View Post
Any of you guys rock climbers?
Yes, we are! Both Wojtek and I are climbers - originally we haven't planned to climb on this trip, but it is something to think about. If you bring a climbing partner that would be the best option as we'll be quite busy with operating the dinghy and photography. Send me an email and we can have a think about it

Tags
crew, arc, Norway, asa