Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2010, 10:12   #1

April 2010 - Short Notice!

I'm a 52 yo male, married, family physician, with several weeks unexpectedly on my hands (due to a job change and paperwork lag). I grew up sailing dinghies, and have chartered 28-40 ft. sloops for coastal cruising in Maine for 1-2 weeks every summer for the past 10 years (usually as crew, sometimes as skipper).

Non-smoker, no drugs, light drinker. Recently moved to NH, where I will be joining the faculty at Dartmouth Medical School. Have passport, and can be available as soon as I can get a flight to where you are. Would probably need to be back in NH by end of April, but this may be negotiable if the opportunity is extraordinary.

I realize I'm working on very short notice, but I figured I'd put out an inquiry and see what comes back. Would love to get some blue water experience if possible. Please email me with details of your plans and any questions you have for me.

Thanks,

Gilliam Johnston
Lyme, NH
Old 04-04-2010, 11:24   #2
cruiser

Boat: Dufour 34, 1975
Send a message via Yahoo to canucksailor Send a message via Skype™ to canucksailor
Hello - I'll be cruising back from the Keys to the Chesapeake towards the end of April, looking to go offshore, but shorter jaunts of 24 - 36 hours (puppy onboard) - St. Augustine to Beaufort SC for example. I'm an experienced sailor, instructor and delivery skipper, just want a hand to get back north sooner rather than later.....
I'm currently in the Keys, so joining up at Lauderdale would work best for you I expect.

Wally

Wally
Old 05-04-2010, 14:05   #3
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
Need crew for Bahamas NOW

Hi,

I am currently on Biscayne Bay at Dinner Key Marina on a mooring. I just had a crew back out on me at the last minute, so I think we could be a good fit. I was supposed to be in the Bahamas already, but want a second person on board for the crossing. I'd like to leave as soon as practical. I expect to spend at least a month there before moving on, so I think I could have you near a convenient airport whenever you need to leave.
Please PM me or contact me direct at: roark. margo @ gmail. com [no spaces]. 857-253-1219 [cell]

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx
Old 05-04-2010, 17:23   #4

Boat: Island Packet IP440 - Moondance
Looking for crew

Gilliam,

I am sailing my Island Packet IP440 from Tampa, FL to Houston, TX the week of April 12th. I have 3 crew and was looking for a 4th so each watch would have 2 people. I would be interested in having you join us if interested. Send me an e-mail to my work address at randy.pike@shell.com, as I am in Calgary this week on business. Include your phone number, so I can call you when I have some free time. We can discuss particulars, safety eqpt on the boat, my and the rest of the crew's experience, etc.

Thanks,
Randy Pike
281-544-7582