Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-02-2012, 14:05   #1

Anyone Crossing the Atlantic to N. America / Antilles Before Summer ?

Hi everybody,

My name is Thomas, i'm 22 and live in France. Since last summer, I am out of college where I studied geography. Now, it's time to leave books behind me and discover the world through my own eyes.

My plan is to head to Chicago as soon as possible where a friend of mine lives. I'm not in a hurry, and not willing to fly anymore, since it's not necessary.
I've not been into sailing for a long time, and my total number of days at sea doesn't exceed 4! Although, I should very soon get back on a boat (march) for a much longer time, in order to prepare myself in the best manner before eventually boarding for a Transatlantic.

I know the regular season is over and the winds are not going to be favorable before october, but someone told me boats could still be leaving anytime.. So, I try.

I would to be ready to join you aboard anywhere in Europe, for an Atlantic crossing to the Carribean, the United States or Canada.

Aboard, I'll of course help you in all tasks needed to be done: cleaning, cooking, and of course sailing. When I first went to the USA, for 5 months, I've lived with a family I didn't know at first. So it should not be a problem for me to adapt to a new environment, and live in a close group. I hope to be pleasant to be with, and for sure am a serious person. I've been working very often with children as a camp counselor, and be very glad to eventually take care of yours.

Bye

To contact me: tomatoketchup@caramail.com / 00 33 + (0)6 45 64 11 76