Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2015, 01:54   #1

pirate Amateur First Mate Wanted

Amateur first mate wanted for trans Atlantic crossing. Must have sailing qualification. Leaving Fort Lauderdale around 26th of April to Lagos Portugal via Azores. Duration of voyage app 30 days. Boat Leopard catamaran. Expenses on the boat paid by skipper. Crew has to cover own flights. This is a good opportunity for somebody who needs blue water miles and also a lift to the Med for summer in Europe. Skipper done more than 30 ocean crossings and 175,000 sea miles. Comfortable boat and good time of year for this trip. Must be available by around the 20th of April Please note that this is not a paid position
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36   #2

Re: Amature first mate wanted

is this still open and available? please let me know i am very interested.

thanks, Quillan
Old 11-04-2015, 11:13   #3

Thumbs up Re: Amateur first mate wanted

Hi Quillan, Yes, the opportunity is still available. Where do you live? Do you have the visas needed? U.S. citizens do not need visas. What is your experience level? Please send me a short cv with sailing experience and courses done. I hope we can make it work for both of us. What are your plans after we arrive in Portugal? Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
Old 11-04-2015, 16:20   #4

Re: Amature first mate wanted

Hi,
I am an Engish 49 year living in France.
I have RYA qualifications to coastal skipper level and am preparing for my yacht master later in the year. I have helped deliver various boats, am good company as well as a decent cook. I can be in fort Lauderdale for the 21st. Interested?
Old 11-04-2015, 23:13   #5

Re: Amateur First Mate Wanted

Hi There!

Sorry, I did not get your name. I am definitively interested and I have a berth for you if you can be in F.Lauderdale on the 21st or 22nd.The boat is a 46ft Robertson and Caine sailing catamaran, name Out Of Africa 1V. The yacht is lying in Dania Beach in a marina in 3rd street. I will give you all the info when I hear from you again. My name is Piet Scheepers, I am 60 years old, yachtmaster offshore, started sailing 20 years ago and done 175,000nm since. I have delivered many of these cats all over the world, including this model. I have sailed a bit in the U.K. and I am confident that you will be good for the trip as my first mate. My skype is Pietscheepers and my e.mail address is bluemarine@iburst.co.za Please drop me a mail. or skype. My mobile is +27824507077. We can start arranging now if you are still keen. I will be in Fort Lauderdale late on the 20th. You will be my first mate. Cheers
Old 13-04-2015, 09:18   #6
Marine Service Provider

Re: Amateur First Mate Wanted

Hello Bluemarine,
I am in the market for a Leopard, and the opportunity to crew on your boat would be great. I have much experience and all the certifications... and am looking to build sailing days for my Catp license. Unfortunately, the dates of this passage don't work for me... so, Keep me in mind for future opportunities, or, if your dates slip, let me know!

Tags
wanted