Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-01-2013, 13:26   #1

Airfare & Stipend for helping sail for a week in St Martin

Lets try this again!

Looking for an experienced Captain to help sail out of St Martin for a week on April 19th. We are on a Moorings 4600, which we have sailed alone in Croatia, Thailand and Turkey as well as over 20 charters in the BVI.

We will fly you there and provide a stipend for the week. Looking for someone experienced who can help as we concentrate on R & R with some friends. We are a fun loving group who doesn't take things to seriously and we are fairly spontaneous.

We love to relax scuba, snorkel and hike around new spots. We seek someone with a great personality to add to the group.

We eat healthy, go to bed by 8pm and never run with scissors, at least on deck! Ok we like to party a bit but we bring our own MD for emergency's, lol. Seriously, we want to be safe while having some much needed relaxation!

Please email 3kingsbvi@gmail.com, open to all experienced responsible applicants. LL members accepted.

Come join us for some rest an early very, 50's group!
Old 28-01-2013, 12:29   #2

Re: Airfare & Stipend for helping sail for a week in St Martin

I don't suppose you're also looking for a chef?
Old 28-01-2013, 16:13   #3

To the chef, please send me info at 3kingsBVI at the "G" male dot com
I am not supposed to put emails here because of spammers unless I disguise it a bit!

Lars
Old 28-01-2013, 16:26   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Airfare & Stipend for helping sail for a week in St Martin

Sounds like a great deal for someone...
surprised its so quiet... or is it the early rising..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 29-01-2013, 02:43   #5

Oh but the wife likes an early rise!

Lars
Old 31-01-2013, 10:54   #6

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran
PM sent
Old 02-02-2013, 05:16   #7

Sailed there a few times on my 44.3 which I took out of the Moorings fleet in 2010. It would be great to go back again. San Diego is a little slow. OWB
Old 04-02-2013, 04:49   #8

Hi guys,

Sounds like a good plan. In the winter time I live on St. Maarten. And in the past I have done captain jobs here on similar trips. In April I will not be here anymore, but why not try to find a captain based on St. Maarten and offer him the money a planeticket would cost. I can probably set you up with some options. More inportant, you know that the captain knows the area and if he is on St. Maarten he must be a cool guy to hang out with.
Old 04-02-2013, 16:28   #9
Marine Service Provider

I'm interested...and am a great cook! Sen me a PM if you'd lie....Paul
Old 07-02-2013, 17:56   #10

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

Your trip sounds fun, I have sailed and captained many times in the Virgins. Last year I taught a man how to sail his new 47' cat, spending three weeks with him sailing North to South, and making numerous repairs and upgrades. I also met him on this forum.

I have been sailing my entire life (aslo in my 50s), have a complete resume, love diving, exploring, fishing, just hanging and havin' a good time in paradise. I can also provide complete sail plans for nearly anywhere in the Carribbean. The schedule evensounds good, which is something I have to take care with as I am married with kids.

If you are interested in someone that's easy going and very knowledgeable, I would love to explore the possibility further. I am a business owner and take having fun seriously (okay, that's a contradiction in terms)...but you get the picture. I work hard and I enjoy NOT working hard too. Would love to hear from you and explore further.

Thanks for your consideration, Mitch
Old 09-02-2013, 06:03   #11

Boat: Fountaine Pajot Lucia 40

When I mentioned that I can help prepare a "sail plan" for your trip, I should have elaborated that I have sailed the area so much that I wrote a book "Virgin Islands to Granada." This book and the research behind it actually covers all the Virgins down to South America and includes information on harborage, scuba and skin diving locations, private anchorages, major islands, rarely explored and off the path islands, medical faciities, customs requirements and processes, provisioning locations, emergency procedures. etc.. I also have sample provisioning lists, custom sail logs, and other tools that just make the prep work easier and the trip more fun.

As I do this for fun (I too have a real job), I do not require a stipend. All I would expect is for you to cover all my costs; travel, meals, etc..

I look forward to hearing from you.
Mitch
Old 12-02-2013, 14:59   #12

If you have not found a chef/help mate I am a single female that does writing for various magazines and have sailed before that I understand my way around a small galley. Email me at raknight2015 at gmail dot com if a opening is available.

Tags
sail