Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 00:54   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to louts_elise
Adventurous female

Hi, I am a 25 years old adventurous female with a lot of sailing experience. I am looking to join a boat that will do a challenge voyage, with rough sailing and weather conditions. I want to learn as much as possible and be part of the crew. I am easy going and have a sense of humour. I am free from now to the end of the summer.
If you thing I would be a perfect match on you boat, then don’t hesitate to contact me on, eliseofferman at hotmail dot com

Cheers
Elise
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02   #2

Location: Branched Oak Yacht Club, Wife is an Admiral in the Nebraska Navy
Boat: Clipper Marine 32 CC Aft Cabin Ketch
My boat is dry docked in my driveway due to a climatic condition known as Nebraska winters, but if Nebraska is in your radar, come on over, and start painting the engine room.

When you get done with that, start in on the aft cabin. You can bunk in the v birth till you get the rest of the interior done, then change up, and finish the rest of it.

We splash in mid march if the ice has melted. We then set sail for the far side of the lake, and back again. One way is about twenty minutes, round trip is twice that, give or take, depending on the prevailing winds.

Glad to have you crew with us.

If you get cold, let yourself in the house and make yourself a sandwich. Take the paint with you so it don't freeze.

Don't worry if you are a fast worker, I have two almost identical sailboats. Get them both done, and we can race one another across the lake and back. Lol

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130103_060201.jpg
Views:	594
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	52088
Old 05-01-2013, 13:11   #3

Boat: Block Island 40
Re: Adventurous female

I'm not sure you're going to find many cruisers who are PLANNING a voyage with rough weather.
Rough weather is usually hard on equipment, gear, bodies, etc.
A challenging voyage? That's not too hard to find depending on what you consider a challenge.
Also, where are you located and where do you intend to start/end this voyage? This type of info will increase your chances of finding a boat.
Many of us are crossing large bodies of water and are at sea for days or sometimes weeks. The chances of experiencing heavy weather increase every day you're out there. Some times just being at sea for 10 days is challenge enough for most people.
You mentioned that you have a lot of sailing experience. How much of it is off-shore experience? I've had crew on my boat that started to get a little wierd after a few days at sea.
I've met many people that said they wanted a challenge similar to what you describe. They usually find that it's not what they were expecting.
Old 05-01-2013, 13:27   #4
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Adventurous female

Yup... the biggest challange is boredom... even tougher if you forgot the I-pod... always looks exciting on the box in the dry but thats not what we want.. excitment is for other boats..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 05-01-2013, 13:31   #5

Boat: Lagoon 440

Freezing the paint!!!! Gary those climes will kill you! Time to go to the warmth mate with those two hulls you could build a great East West ketch Catamaran... Happy New Year
Old 05-01-2013, 13:37   #6

Boat: Tanzer 26, Walk22

25 Year old, adventurous, and likes it rough....sailing that is.....Wish I was ready to go........
Old 26-01-2013, 07:09   #7

Boat: Columbia 34 mk 2
Send a message via Skype™ to deventw

Hi I am looking for someone to sail my hunter 34 from Ft Lauderdale, via bahamas and islands to eventually St maartens and beyond. Time frame 1 year or longer. contact me on deventw at gmail.com
Old 03-02-2013, 17:21   #8

Boat: None at the moment
I'm about to cross the Gulf of Mexico, should hit at least one patch of rough weather. I hope not, but the chances of 10 days of great weather on the gulf this time of year is slim to none. Anyway, let me know.
Old 03-02-2013, 18:23   #9

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

I think that she would like to gain some sailing experience by going through Cape Horn/Tierra del Fuego (Argentina). It is not unusual to encounter fifty + foot waves, while crossing the horn. Look on the bright side...if your boat makes it through this challenging strait...you will be that close to Tahiti! (Tell them Captain Bligh sent you.) Bon Voyage! Mauritz
Old 05-02-2013, 17:06   #10

Your enthusiasm is awesome. Seems like u love adventure and challenges. Lets sail together!?!��
Old 12-02-2013, 05:28   #11

Boat: Beneteau 44cc

Just finished a transatlantic and Im planning a full circumnav in about 2 years time starting from Ireland. If you survive the 'Rough Weather' and are thinking of a longer adventure let me know by PM.
Old 15-02-2013, 10:30   #12

Location: Morlaix Brittany France blog: theguerns.blogspot.com
Boat: Colvic Watson/32ft/Feels Good
Send a message via Skype™ to feelsgood

hi i have a friend that is in martinique on his 43ft yacht. he hopes to return to brittany around 20th march this year but can't find anyone to help him. he is a handicap as he has a bad leg and diabetis but very tough and healthy otherwise. he did the trip out to the carabean to take school supplies and cloths to the poorer people to help them which may tell you what sort of person he is. I have known him for 10 years and a better person i have yet to meet. unfortunatly he only has his pension and can't afford to pay anyone to help. if you are interested in helping him could you please contact me on my personal message page. many thanks pete
Old 28-02-2013, 06:28   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to louts_elise

Hi everyone, thanks for the response. I know have been sailing in the Sun Blas and are now in Cartagena. Had a grate time, but are now looking for other adventures. So if you are in the Cartagena aria and need a crew, lets meet!
Old 28-02-2013, 06:45   #14

I'm shifting to the dark side (power boat) but you would have loved sailing on Dionysos with me. Every time I passed the 3 mile limit it seemed like the Atlantic wanted to throw a temper tantrum. One time we had her full keel displacement hull planing at more than twice hull speed under bare poles.

My Dad was at the wheel for half of that and he was having a blast. Crazy old bastard. :-)
Old 09-03-2013, 10:53   #15
Marine Service Provider

I am in Panama City getting ready to cross the canal and head south to Venezeula. if you can pay half of the expenses your welcome to go they say that there is a 150 mile stretch there that is on of the 5th worst areas to passage going from columbia to Venezeul so if you want a challenge there will be one.