Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2013, 11:02   #1
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the Bah

A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the Bahamas, - She’s an accomplished sailor who has circumnavigated the globe 5-6 years ago, - Beautiful & Interesting French woman became involved with an American sailor, on his boat - sailing in to Florida & not checking into the country- (don’t ask me why) so now she is not in the relationship anymore and does not want to fly out as they will find she entered illegally- She wants to go to the Bahamas & then comeback in legally- anyway if you can help her PM me & I will get you in contact with her-
Old 24-01-2013, 11:13   #2
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the

Information overload mate..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:28   #3

Boat: CS36Merlin, "La Belle Aurore"
Re: A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the

If you're caught in the States with an illegal aboard you can lose your boat and more!!
Old 25-01-2013, 18:32   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Sailingsoon1959
WTF....Over!
Old 25-01-2013, 19:40   #5

So CF is a good safe place to set up felonies? Do we need a Human Trafficking Forum?
Old 25-01-2013, 20:47   #6

Boat: Tayana 37
Re: A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the

Careful some " do right " doesnt burn you Ram.
Old 25-01-2013, 20:50   #7

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,

If I recall, is the first-time presence of an alien without documentation of legal entry a misdemeanor but the usual "punishment" is deportation and a black mark against being able to enter the US in the future? And is it better to assume that the alien entered legally, but perhaps overstayed her visa or her visa extension paperwork got lost? Just speculating.
Old 25-01-2013, 21:20   #8

Boat: 41' Custom CC Cutter

Screw you sheeple. If I was there with a boat I'd feel obligated to help, and a little intrigued.
Old 25-01-2013, 21:26   #9

I am certainly no lawyer so take this for what it is worth. I don't believe they would check on the way out of the US. They are looking for people coming into the US. Her name would not be on a list as no one knows she is here illegally and hence no warrant.

If she gets caught on your boat, you are now in the grasp of the Police State and that's a very bad thing.

She will have to clear customs going into the Bahamas though.
Old 25-01-2013, 21:49   #10

Boat: International Etchells USA 125 Black Magic, Santana 20 475 Ghost, Hobie 33 3100 Bruja, dinghies,

Theoretically speaking, if some heroic sailor rescued her from a small boat that had been swept out to sea, would there be any basis for prosecution?
Old 26-01-2013, 00:08   #11
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida

Seems to me nothing wrong morally about trying to help someone make a wrong decision she made years ago while in love right, but I suppose it could make a problem for someone if you were stopped- I personally would take her across myself, but just sold my Trawler & am boat less this side of the pound- I do have a delivery in a few months & if she has not found her way across I’m happy to take that chance and give her a lift !
Old 26-01-2013, 03:23   #12

Perhaps give Immigration a call. Ask them what they think of Self Deportation. Maybe they would say the right thing and bless it.
Old 26-01-2013, 03:47   #13

It would seem to be much less risky for her to drive across the border into Mexico, then fly to Mexico City and from there to Europe/Bahamas/etc.
Old 26-01-2013, 04:55   #14
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: A woman sailor I know needs a lift from anywhere in S. Florida to anywhere in the

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakeasy View Post
Screw you sheeple. If I was there with a boat I'd feel obligated to help, and a little intrigued.
I'm more than a little intrigued.. and would help if I was over that side quite happily having been in a similar situation once...
but I did have a return ticket and no one jumped on me for a 5mth overstay when I did finally leave.. even tho' I was already stamped 'Gone sailed' but I then had to come back and did not clear in..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 26-01-2013, 05:40   #15
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava

I agree with Daddle. Call Immigration first. I'm sure being a beautiful and interesting French woman plays no part in others willing to do this. Naw.
But I also agree that trouble can easily await. I'm sure Ram knows this woman well and that she's a very nice person and all the things he says is accurate. But those so willing to take on something like this without really knowing her are asking for serious trouble. Get caught heading offshore to the Bahamas, (the possibility these days is more than it ever was, I have been stopped three times this year) and find out this person was running from the law instead of her boyfriend and your White Knight, Damsel saving, status won't help much.

Tags
florida, lift