Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-11-2012, 19:49   #1

Boat: Hunter 50ft CC
49 ft sailboat Costa Rica to Fench Polynesia

Looking for up to two (2) crew members to sail 49 foot well equipped two year old sailboat from Costa Rica to Cocos Island, on to Galapagos and on to Hiva in the Marqueses. Departure from Cost Rica end of February early March. Arrival in Polynesia after Cyclone season sometimes in April. Must have somewhat flexible schedule. Crew must pay own transportation to Costa Rica and back from Polynesia plus a reasonable donnation towards the food costs.

You will be joining two qualified boat partners who sailed the boat from Vancouver Canada to Costa Rica. You must have tested yourself against sea sickness, other than that enthusiasm more important than sailing experience. We will train.

Incredible opportunity for the right people!
Old 17-11-2012, 07:04   #2

Re: 49 ft sailboat Costa Rica to Fench Polynesia

Hi! My girlfriend and I would be interested! I have a decent sailing resume with about 20,000 miles at sea and my girlfriend, while less experienced, seems to have taking a liking to the wind and open waters.

We are Annapolis/Baltimore USA based and are just wrapping up various projects and downsizing so we can travel extensively. I've traveled to over 40 countries as well as lived for three years in West Germany. Girlfriend has lived abroad as well and we both have current passports.

Happy to provide more information with additional details, references, etc.

Cheers, Mike
Old 17-11-2012, 13:24   #3

Boat: Hunter 50ft CC

hi Mike;

We are not sure if we need one or two people yet. Can you send me your sailing resumee and we will get back to you? juri(dot)gary at g mail dot com

Thanks
Old 18-11-2012, 07:00   #4

Thanks for the reply. I'll send you an e-mail from green water sailor (with no spaces) att g mail dott com.
Cheers, Mike
Old 18-11-2012, 15:24   #5

Hey! sounds like an awesome adventure. I would love to send you a sailing resume and a little "about me" letter. I'll just steal your email from the message above. My E-mail is 820miller at gmail.com so you dont delete it as spam.

adam
Old 22-11-2012, 14:04   #6

Hi,
Im a 28yr old male RYA coastal skipper with STCW95, diesel engine cert, sea survival etc. That is keen to join if you still need crew. I will be available from the 3rd December. Let me know closer to your departure date.
Thanks
Old 27-11-2012, 08:56   #7

Hi everyone.. just here to pass on a message. The guys just landed in Cabo, Mexico and and will be on their way down to Costa Rica. There they'll be spending some time before shipping off to Galapagos and across the Pacific etc. They'll be able to exchange emails with you soon to those who are interested.

P.S
She's a great boat with great "capitain's"
Old 20-12-2012, 04:06   #8

So this is me - I'm 23 y/o, born in Israel. I'm a professional skipper, sailing since 2003, graduated nautical high school and then went to serve in the navy.
I'm qualified as a skipper for both motor and sailing vessels up to 24 meters, and l'm also an open water diver .
I have a total mileage of 9000 NM on S.V (some as crew some as captain), mostly all around the Med sea.
I'm experienced with all duties on board, from bottom till top - (deckboy to skipper), so I can do good where ever is needed (a real handyman they all say).
I worked as a sailing instructor, for a year,for all special needs population
I also was part of a sailing racing team for 4 years.

Now I've decided to go farther on with my heart and my main goal is to circumnavigate the world!

I've planed the route, saved money, bought equipment, said goodbye to everyone and set sail west.
Since then I had sailed with 6 different boats all over the Med.
I'm meeting the nicest people and so far having the best time of my life.

next chapter in my story is - crossing the Pacific !

And a littel about me: non smoker, friendly, always smiling, not afraid of hard work, eager to learn, responsible and adventurous.
Old 28-12-2012, 11:15   #9

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran

Email sent from jeffbarron33 at yahoo

Tags
sailboat