Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-07-2013, 15:01   #1

Thumbs up 28 yr old American in Chennai looking for experience

I'm from Long Beach, CA living in Chennai India on a X visa, which means I can't work. Returning to the US next summer but, until then I have nothing but time to volunteer and travel where ever the opportunity to learn takes me. My husband is a pilot and puts no restrictions on my travel, fortunately.

Anyone willing to take on an enthusiastic newbie would have my %100 dedication in contributing whatever skills I have that would be helpful. My father used to build sail boats for a living but sold his last right after my sister and I were born. I've always wanted to learn and I think that would be the perfect use of my time and resources during this weird travel transition I've found myself in.

I don't have any particular destination in mind and very few restrictions, I might be heading to Singapore and surrounding in Aug, but other than that I'm open.

I'm very healthy, don't smoke, no drug use, I like to drink on occasion but after living in super conservative Tamil Nadu where alcohol is strictly govt controlled I've almost forgotten what a nice glass of wine is like. Apparently, it's a non issue for me.

If any of you veterans out there have any advice, I'm all ears. I'd learn locally but it seems there aren't many opportunities in these parts.

Thanks

Tags
enc