Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2015, 18:33   #1

23, Male, well qualified and looking for ocean passage July-Sep // Atlantic, Pacific

Hi everybody,

My name's Guy Scott, I've got 2 months to fill between mid-July and mid-September 2015 and am keen to do an ocean passage.

I'm 23, male, fairly easy-going and have a good amount of experience in both big boat sailing and instructing dinghies (see below).

I live in Hong Kong but go to university in Scotland. I can provide my own living expenses, can play the acoustic guitar, and know how to cook provided you don't ask for a delicate pastry.

Feel free to shoot me a private message if the mood takes you - if you think I'd be a good fit, I can meet the boat wherever you are (within reason).

EXPERIENCE:

1,500 NM passage between the Azores and Mallorca

Cruising around Krabi, Phuket, and Croatia

Cockpit work on J109s at Cowes week for the past 3 years

Helming and crewing Etchells every Friday afternoon in the HK harbour race series

QUALIFICATIONS:

RYA UK Competent Crew

RYA VHF Licence

RYA 1-Day First-Aid Course

RYA Dinghy Instructor

INTERESTS:

Sailing, Photography (the old fashioned film kind), SCUBA, Mediocre junk food
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crewsforum.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	100781  
Old 25-04-2015, 12:44   #2

Re: 23, Male, well qualified and looking for ocean passage July-Sep // Atlantic, Paci

Hi Guy,

My name is Gia, female, 26. I own a 66' Islander Wayfarer 33'. I am looking for someone to me move the boat down the CA coast to Mexico and from there, who knows. I will be leaving by the end of the month, which I understand is before you are available. However, if you are interested, perhaps we could meet in Mexico.

As for me, I am an amateur sailor at best. My partner, who has sailing experience, had a family emergency and will be gone for an undisclosed period of time. This puts me in a desperate attempt to find the right person to captain my boat.

Aside from this, however, I am a down to earth person. I also play the guitar and enjoy photography, especially film. I cook as well and there is plenty of food. I am open and willing to learn. My boat has a lot of storage space, more than enough for two people, and an ill-advised flat screen TV for in port movie marathons.

Anyway, if you're interested, let me know. Thanks!
Old 25-04-2015, 15:28   #3

Re: 23, Male, well qualified and looking for ocean passage July-Sep // Atlantic, Paci

Hi Gia,

That sounds pretty phenomenal. One quick issue is the fact that I'm technically unqualified to skipper - navigation skills are a little lacking and I want to err on the side of caution obviously!

Would you consider me joining the boat in mid-July as a crew rather than skipper? I've got experience standing watch, along with most other day-to-day tasks. Let me know your thoughts!

Best,

Guy
Old 26-04-2015, 11:30   #4

Hi Guy, I actually decided to move the boat back up to SF and finish working on a few upgrades (my family lives up there too). However, I should be ready to go by July and, by that point, I'm pretty open to go anywhere. Let me know if you're interested and, if so, feel free to send me a message. I'll email you some pictures of the boat and all that jazz.

-Gia
Old 28-04-2015, 14:17   #5

Hey Man, i have absolutely no experiences with sailing. But I am in love with all kinds of water sports. I am very friendly and always looking for adventures. I can learnt things really fast, and I am always forgetting. I have nothing to do this summer until September. I you have enough courage to teach me I am sure I will be a good help for you.
Waiting to head from you... A French friend.
Old 28-04-2015, 17:23   #6

Hi Gia,

PM'ed you, not sure if it got through (my computer's a little hazy).

Best,

Guy

Tags
passage