Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-06-2011, 13:01   #1

2011 Baja Ha-Ha San Diego => Cabo San Lucas

We are a down to earth Gay couple who own a Ketch rigged Hudson Force 50 Motor Sailboat currently berthed in Emeryville CA (San Francisco East Bay). She has been undergoing a complete refit for the last 18 months and we are planning on heading south to participate in this years Bahahaha (San Diego to Cabo San Lucas). Our boat is a water sailing">blue water sailing yacht which is not very fast but spacious, comfortable and stable. We are looking for crew (1-2 people). No experience is necessary but a willingness to learn and be part of the crew is essential. Would prefer other Gay sailors but we are straight friendly and good guys. If you are cool with that so are we.

The requirements are:

Good attitude
NO DRUGS
Willingness to work as part of the crew.
Skippers word is final.
Provide your own transportation to and from ports
Share in expense of food/fuel/alcohol/activities
Understand that you may be asked to debark at anytime at any port at the sole discretion of the Skipper and you must be able to provide your own transportation from the boat to anywhere you want to go.

These are just the basics but you get the idea. We are going to continue south to La Paz and there may be an opportunity to continue with us if we offer it.

DJ
Old 17-06-2011, 13:05   #2

Re: 2011 BaHaHaHa San Diego-Cabo San Lucas

Hey! sounds awesome, me and my best friend are so keen to sail anywhere! we have no experience but are so eager to learn! We aren't gay but both our mum's are haha, we're living in New Zealand but would definitely fly anywhere for the experience!
I have family in the states and eventually me and my friend want to head to Brazil so the americas are ideal
email me at lane dot coledelu @ gmail dot com if we could be candidates!
Old 18-06-2011, 18:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8rdj View Post
Understand that you may be asked to debark at anytime at any port at the sole discretion of the Skipper and you must be able to provide your own transportation from the boat to anywhere you want to go.
Bear in mind that once you leave San Diego, unless you leave the rally and go to Ensenada or something, there is really nowhere to leave anyone that could be considered reasonable. I don't think there is much in the way of transportation available from Turtle Bay or Bahia Santa Maria.

Cheers (We're going too!)
Old 18-06-2011, 18:33   #4

Boat: Panda 40 - S/V Cambria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islander View Post
Bear in mind that once you leave San Diego, unless you leave the rally and go to Ensenada or something, there is really nowhere to leave anyone that could be considered reasonable. I don't think there is much in the way of transportation available from Turtle Bay or Bahia Santa Maria.
Reasonable is certainly subjective. But there is public transportation at San Quentin and Lopez Mateus, and hitch hiking opportunities to the trans-peninsular highway from Sam Bartolome (Turtle Bay), Ascunsion, Abreojos, and San Carlos; on the highway you can flag down buses. Since there isn't much in Baja, everyone shares rides, so hitch hiking is not a problem...

Michael

Tags
baja, san diego