Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-05-2013, 09:57   #1

2 friendly willing and able crew in Algarve...

Hi there fellow sailor folk..

My name is Joshua and my partner Amber are from Falmouth UK. We are currently in Portimao on Algarve coast after sailing a 65ft gaff ketch here. We spent several months working on the boat getting her seaworthy and as she was a new boat we were involved in test sailing before we left.. We sailed as two crew with the owner of the boat intending to sail it to his home in thailand over a 1year trip but unfortunatley he has changed his plans and now intends to sell his boat in Portugal..

We both share a particular love of traditional sailing boats and we each have previous experience working with maintaining them - not just sailing them! I helped a friend replace a keel on his 80ft sailing trawler during the previous year and Amber has been studying traditional boat building at Falmouth marine school.

We are now keen and available to help sail and work on your boat.. if you would like more of a chat,, please dont hesitate to email us back.. wishing fair winds and oceans for all.. we look forward to possibly working with you soon.. Joshua + Amber

P.s.. references available
Old 20-05-2013, 10:17   #2

Josh,

I am looking for crew for a leisurely cruise around the Balearics for the summer and, subject to a good rapport, you two would be welcome to join me whilst you look for more stimulating opportunities, or perhaps stay on board longer. See http://phaessa.co.uk for info on boat and me and a contact details.

Phil
Old 20-05-2013, 10:23   #3

Josh,

I am looking for crew for a leisurely cruise around the Balearics for the summer and, subject to a good rapport, you two would be welcome to join me whilst you look for more stimulating opportunities, or perhaps stay on board longer. See http://phaessa.co.uk for info on boat and me and a contact details.

Phil
Old 20-05-2013, 10:27   #4

Re: 2 friendly willing and able crew in Algarve...

Josh,

I am looking for crew for a leisurely cruise around the Balearics for the summer and, subject to a good rapport, you two would be welcome to join me whilst you look for more stimulating opportunities, or perhaps stay on board longer. See Phil's Sailing Adventure for info on boat and me and a contact details.

Phil
Old 21-05-2013, 04:29   #5

Re: 2 friendly willing and able crew in Algarve...

Hi Phil,

your adventure sounds inspiring.. we notice your AIS plots your postition in Ibiza?! we had previously been intending to spend the summer in the med, so we would be interested in learning more about your offer of us joining you.. we are currently surviving in Portimao but we have little money! However.. we are raring to go as havnt been sailing for two weeks!! Perhaps you would consider helping toward travel expenses in joining you as this is probably the only way we can meet!? We can get you references and photos if you desire and if you have any more questions, please email me at; snakecatcha at gmail dot com . We really like your website and although your boat is very different to what we have been previously used to sailing.. we would be keen to try something new! We both learn ´the ropes´ swiftly..

p.s, Amber is a great cook!

We both love the seas and hope to help you on your adventure if we can and you are still interested.. take care hope to hear from you soon. Ciao..

J + A :-)

Tags
crew