Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 23:55   #1

Boat: Samson C-Falcon 41'9" composite ketch (designed by Cece Norris)
Yanmar 3JH2 TE 47KW and KBW10E Gearbox Whole / Parts

hello, I am upsizing to a Perkins 4236, so I have the above for sale for very low $$$

Engine has 1000 hours and was very well cared for by previous owner/installer, likewise transmission. It has been installed for only 3 years, and sat for a year in hot/dry conditions in the yacht when she was laid up. turns over easily by hand or by starter. i have taken out one of the 3 injectors to have a peek, and all is fine in the cylinder (nice clean oil etc). ditto atf in transmission.

she's a bit rusty on the outside (surface only) because I washed her down with a hose a few times, thinking to wash off any salt that might have been there!. i could easily run a toothbrush and some ranex or paint over, but i havent' got around to it. no smoke or leaks.

everything works, and when last running she was just 'run in' and very smooth and quiet.

good C type panel ($1300 new) is disconnected, you will need to add wire harness (c $300 new) or make your own loom - there's not much to it.

she needs total 4 water/oil sensors and switches, I removed the old ones to replace with new to be sure, and havent got around to buying new ones (cost around $500 new).

price? you tell me. i suppose the romovable parts like alternator, turbo, C type panel ($1300 alone) etc would be $3000 new, so perhaps the engine total is worth $4000?

gearbox is advertissd by others at $1400.

total $5400. but I'm not looking for anything like this much. try an offer. she needs gone!

at the end of the day, if you want this type of install you will know it, and you can make me an offer.

if you want parts, I'll sell them to you at a fraction of new and give you a full-functioning installation money back guarantee. saves the planet.

all on board in Perth - just email jquarterman1@hotmail.com, or contact me here

best
cap'n John, sy Shanaly

Tags
yanmar, parts