Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 19:40   #1

Boat: Wauquiez Hood 38 38'
Yacht Delivery Captain

I will deliver your yacht for $250 a day plus expenses, I have a 100 ton license and 30 years of experience. Please reply to steve39534**at**live**dot**com. I am from the USA, english is my first language, and if you wish to question my abilites I will answer your inquiries directly.
Old 02-02-2012, 16:12   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Agulhas 45
Re: Yacht Delivery Captain

Please send your sailing CV to me. My contact info is on my website
Endurance Yacht Deliveries - Home
Thank you
Old 02-02-2012, 16:16   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonEdwards View Post
Please send your sailing CV to me. My contact info is on my website
Endurance Yacht Deliveries - Home
Thank you
Jesus, just read this on your website.

Quote:
Matt Rutherford is currently setting a world record traveling single-handed nonstop around the Americas, through the NW Passage and around Cape Horn in a 27' Albin Vega for the charity organization CRAB. He will be back by the Spring, 2012 to continue captaining for EYD.
:barf:
Old 02-02-2012, 16:32   #4
Marine Service Provider

Hey, thanks for looking....Yeah Matt is a crazy man.....
Spoke to him yesterday as he is struggling to get north in really light air at the moment.
He is guesstimating arriving back in the Chesapeake around 2nd week of april. BTW some of his postings at his blog are well worth reading....
Old 02-02-2012, 16:46   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonEdwards View Post
Hey, thanks for looking....Yeah Matt is a crazy man.....
Spoke to him yesterday as he is struggling to get north in really light air at the moment.
He is guesstimating arriving back in the Chesapeake around 2nd week of april. BTW some of his postings at his blog are well worth reading....
Yeah I think I'll go through and read some of those, I started off on that. I think I stumbled across your delivery operation a while ago when I was first trying to figure the industry out, maybe a year or two ago.

Guess it's a good thing he's in a smaller boat then if he's got crap wind like that. Funny enough, I was wondering if anyone had sailed the north west passage lately so I'd be interested to see how his trip through there went and what his prep looked like. My wife is from northern Alaska and always wants to go up around there, but too many episodes of Deadliest Catch and San Diego living have spooked me off.
Old 02-02-2012, 17:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel heart View Post
Guess it's a good thing he's in a smaller boat then if he's got crap wind like that. Funny enough, I was wondering if anyone had sailed the north west passage lately so I'd be interested to see how his trip through there went and what his prep looked like. My wife is from northern Alaska and always wants to go up around there, but too many episodes of Deadliest Catch and San Diego living have spooked me off.
There's a video here of Eric Forsyth's trip through the NW Passage if you haven't seen it. 2010 I think.
Fiona Videos on Vimeo
Old 02-02-2012, 17:11   #7

Boat: private yacht always moving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hicks View Post
I will deliver your yacht for $250 a day plus expenses, I have a 100 ton license and 30 years of experience. Please reply to steve39534**at**live**dot**com. I am from the USA, english is my first language, and if you wish to question my abilites I will answer your inquiries directly.
LOOKS GOOD,,,glad you edited the post.
Old 02-02-2012, 17:32   #8
Marine Service Provider

His whole operation has been minimilist to say the least. His passage thru the NW Passage wasn't too bad considering everything, however it was a serious effort to get across the bering Sea and especially thru the Bering Strait. He hasnt stopped since he left Annapolis in june!! He has ridden to his sea anchor a few times, for rest and in bad weather. the only person he has seen is a reporter from National Public radio who interviewed him in the Aleutians..
Making water by a manual watermaker!! since day one

Tags
captain, delivery, yacht