Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-12-2008, 07:53   #16

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
I know the boat and the previous owner.Sailed with her from Brazil to Trinidad many years ago.The previous owner was Roy Wallbank who returned to England for medical treatment as he suffered a stroke,never paid the dockage and the rest is history.The boat was built in Holland,Roy sailed her to Brazil and across to Cape Town .Spent 2 years there then to St helena,Fernando ,Trinidad , St Maarten then across to North Africa then back to Brazil , to trinidad again and then to the USA.Did a trip to Belize and returned to the USA not feeling good.As he is British , he never had med insurance so decided to fly to the UK . The boat was behind a house off Riverland road in Ft lauderdale and while he was in medical facility , the boat was sold.Good little boat but top speed never exceeded 4.5 kn.I still have the life raft which fits the Stainless cradle on the coachroof as I had it serviced for him.At present he is in the Med.
That sounds about right. How do you know that it's this particular boat? Interesting.

At any rate, I took some photos this weekend from my dinghy & tried to paste them here but couldn't. So I made an album with some shots of the boat and put it in my profile under "Steel Sailboat." Just click over on the Starfish62 username and go to public profile. There are some photos of my wife there, too. She would not be included in the title transfer. There are also photos of our teenager. We would be open to reasonable offers in the transfer of ownership of him.

There is apparently a squatter who has taken up residence on the boat, so I did not go aboard and take photos of the inside. Our son is in Georgia for the holidays & I will try to resolve the "squatter" issue with him when he returns. It's possible it's some friend of his. At this point I have no idea who the person is, or whether they just were on it that day and are gone now.
Old 27-12-2008, 20:27   #17

Boat: TBD
Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
...I'm still actively looking to pay cash for a steel sailboat approximately 32 to 36 ft LOA and around 13,000 to 17,000 lbs displacement. I'll buy anywhere in the northwesten hemisphere if the boat and price are right.

Norm
Hey Norm - I just came across this boat. Did you see this 39' Steel Ketch?
Old 27-12-2008, 22:32   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSurrender View Post
Hey Norm - I just came across this boat. Did you see this 39' Steel Ketch?
Thanks, but, I've seen that one. Too big for my needs.

It's been for sale for quite awhile. I'm not attracted to "Spray" designs. They don't appear to me to have good sailing lines. Too beamy and heavy for my tastes.

I appreciate your effort to effort to help. I'm going to keep looking for the right steel boat (In my price range) for about another 2 months before I acquiesce and go fiberglass.

Norm
Old 28-12-2008, 05:32   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish62 View Post
Hey, Guys,
The boat is still hanging on the hook. Never Monday said he was interested first, but we just want someone else to take title (and possesion), so unless Pat gets really mad at me it's first one to come up & get it. I can take you out to it for a look on our skiff, if you're in the neighborhood. PM me for my phone # if you want to drive up.

I don't know the legal process in FL. Here there aren't titles and such. You can send me all the paperwork and tell the state you sold it. I still wouldn't be able to move it north until the spring.

If one of the local guys want's it. go for it.
Old 04-01-2009, 16:00   #20

hello, we have a 28ft steel sailboat for sale, ( not listed ).
it is a oldenberg make, ( several were built in port dover, canada ).
it has a very seldom used 2cy volvo diesel ( just rebuilt ).
all new rigging, ( oversize ), new deck paint ( decolay ).
this boat is insulated ( hull ) and soundproofed ( engine ).
it is cutter rigged with a 6ft bowsprit. ( all steel ).
14 gal. waste ( new moulded in keel ).
14gal. fuel ( new moulded in keel ).
traditional interior with 2 berths under cockpit.
queen size fore.
this boat is in exellent cond., seldom used, and freshwater only.
tri-axle road trailer is included.
beam-8ft
weight 9200lb
ballast 3700lb
draft 4ft
mast from deck 35ft aluminum
tiller steered
reason for selling, wife unable to do it.
Old 06-01-2009, 17:42   #21

Boat: Islander 29 - Tingira
Hi Starfish, I am going to be heading down to the keys on Saturday, leaving from southern ontario. I will take the boat off your hands, looking for a project boat. I will not be able to move it until the spring, but will pay for storage in the meantime. If you get a chance to post a few pics that would be great. PM me for details .. where it is, what I need to do etc.

Paul
Old 06-01-2009, 19:35   #22

Boat: Gulfstar 44 Sloop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingira View Post
Hi Starfish, I am going to be heading down to the keys on Saturday, leaving from southern ontario. I will take the boat off your hands, looking for a project boat. I will not be able to move it until the spring, but will pay for storage in the meantime. If you get a chance to post a few pics that would be great. PM me for details .. where it is, what I need to do etc.

Paul
Hey, Paul. I'll send you a pm. There are some photos of the boat on my profile. Just click on my name and look at the album. The boat is just north of West Palm Beach in Riviera Beach, Florida.
Old 20-01-2009, 16:08   #23
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Norm,

I don't know what you are expecting to pay but I know of a couple of Murray 33's for sale for about 39K.

Ted Brewer design. One in the Carib, one in the mid-west. Cutter rig. Double chine.

I have one up in Newfoundland. I like it but I'm a newbie.

I can tell you that the hull is universally praised for the fairness and welding.

Interiors were fitted out by the owners so finish is variable.

Both are listed on Yachtworld and below comparable price.

John Simpson has a very similar design but I don't know of any for sale.
Old 20-01-2009, 17:51   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpeer View Post
Norm,

I don't know what you are expecting to pay but I know of a couple of Murray 33's for sale for about 39K.
I've seen both of those listings, but haven't been attracted enough to travel to see them. I would prefer a protected prop.

Are the hulls really 10 gauge steel? Do you know the designed displacement?

Thanks,
Norm
Old 20-01-2009, 20:52   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Murray 33-Chouette & Pape Steelmaid-44-Safara-both steel cutters
Norm,

While I have not measured it the previous and original owner reported it as 10gage and I have no reason to doubt him. He was VERY knowledgeable about the boat.

Brewer lists the displacement at something like 13,500 but the previous owner had the fitted out hull weighed enroute to launch. Sans rig she was 16,000 which sounds more correct.

I have seen one listed as being of Corten and when I discussed it with the PO he thought that was wrong.

If I get it right there was some amateur boat building club in Toronto and many of the hulls were fitted out by these guys loosely working in cooperation with one another so they were all sharing ideas. My boats PO was the President of the club for some time.

I was wondering why you were asking about the gage?
Old 28-10-2009, 20:00   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
...I'm still actively looking to pay cash for a steel sailboat approximately 32 to 36 ft LOA and around 13,000 to 17,000 lbs displacement. I'll buy anywhere in the northwesten hemisphere if the boat and price are right.

Norm
I have a bruce roberts for sale 44ft 36ft waterline 19,000 lbs. needs a little tlc only basic stuff though. she is on the hard right now after 2yrs in the water. built in 99 and built right. call me at 207-712-0017.
i have her listed if you google bruce roberts sailboats for sale by owner.
don't want to sell her but i have twins coming in 7 months and if i don't sell her i'll have to charter her cuz i'm not going to have the time.
the price is very negotiable.
Old 28-10-2009, 20:02   #27

for sale

44ft bruce roberts in south portland maine.
sailboatlisting.com bruce roberts
this is my vessel i'm not a broker
Old 01-11-2009, 18:36   #28

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
My Mason 31 is still for sale.

31x8.5x 5.5 draft. Steel hull and deck, 3/16ths Corten steel. Mahogany coach roof. Spruce mast n boom. 3GM30F engine, low time. Runs like a watch. Interior 90% intact, galley top being reworked. I had her sailing this summer, just hauled her out on friday.

$10,000.00 CAD, storage paid til next april. You won't be able to get her out til then anyway, she's buried pretty deep in the pack.

Sabre
Old 01-11-2009, 21:36   #29

Boat: Looking for a new boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels View Post
hello, we have a 28ft steel sailboat for sale, ( not listed ).
Can you PM me some pictures? What was your asking price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKai View Post
My Mason 31 is still for sale.

$10,000.00 CAD, storage paid til next april. You won't be able to get her out til then anyway, she's buried pretty deep in the pack.

Sabre
Same for you, might you PM me some pictures of the almost complete interior? Why so cheap?

Also might I note that it is strange that this guy asks for a steel boat and a bunch of people just pop up on this forum with offers as if he was asking for a cup of sugar. Does anyone have a free porsche or a swimsuit model for a daughter they just have kicking around the house and would like to get rid of?
Old 04-11-2009, 16:33   #30

Boat: Roberts Offshore 38
Heres the URL for my Photobucket album. Please note that some of the photos are a couple years old and some things have changed.

Espina pictures by nebelung - Photobucket

Comments welcome.

Sabre