Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2008, 13:15   #1

WTB: SeaRunner Tri

I'm looking for a Searunner Trimaran 25-31-or-34. Any modifieds like a 27 or something would be okay too. I'm posting here because all the ads I respond to are so old I get a email failure notice.

I understand that since I'm being so picky with my boat choice that I may have to travel, but I do that quite a bit anyway so... I'm in NJ, I can't come to California to look at a boat but NC, FL, or New England would be fine if recent photos and a phone conversation were encouraging.

Please don't tell me that there are big differences between a 25 and 34. I'd prefer a smaller one but a good 34 is too good to pass up.

If anyone is selling one or knows someone who is even thinking about selling please point them in my direction. I'd build my own but I don't have the patience, time, space... Are three excuses sufficient?

Thanks for any info on available Searunners, and for all the other awesome info on this site.
Old 27-02-2008, 14:59   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: Gozzard 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Pblais
I found 5 for sale on Yachtworld.com.
Old 27-02-2008, 18:21   #3

Mexico, Germany, Hawaii, and Canada are difficult to consider visiting. I will look into that MA one though. Thanks

Anything between Massachusetts and Florida out there? Or any owners of Searunners who have thoughts on how to find one?
Old 26-04-2008, 05:38   #4

Boat: Searunner 34 and Searunner Constant Camber 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeales View Post
I'm looking for a Searunner Trimaran 25-31-or-34. Any modifieds like a 27 or something would be okay too. I'm posting here because all the ads I respond to are so old I get a email failure notice.

I understand that since I'm being so picky with my boat choice that I may have to travel, but I do that quite a bit anyway so... I'm in NJ, I can't come to California to look at a boat but NC, FL, or New England would be fine if recent photos and a phone conversation were encouraging.

Please don't tell me that there are big differences between a 25 and 34. I'd prefer a smaller one but a good 34 is too good to pass up.

If anyone is selling one or knows someone who is even thinking about selling please point them in my direction. I'd build my own but I don't have the patience, time, space... Are three excuses sufficient?

Thanks for any info on available Searunners, and for all the other awesome info on this site.
There is a 44' Marples Constant Camber project boat, in CA (I know that is outside your distance), that is going for up to 5k$. I say up to because it includes a 20' shipping container with tools and materials. The container is valued at 2k$. the Problem is shipping. Initial quote was 9.80/mile.

From all accounts the quality of workmanship up to this point has been quite high.

Maren

The sea is always beautiful, sometimes mysterious and, on occasions, frighteningly powerful.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49   #5

Boat: 34' Searunner Tri
Good Idea!

Good luck on your search. I am on my second Searunner. I LOVE the 34'. I will keep my eyes open. We should get a Searunner forum going. I know the old one has died as far as any new info. I believe in many things, once in a while you come upon one of those "just right" things, classic cars, boats etc. I believe the Serunner is one of those.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:56   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmolan View Post
We should get a Searunner forum going. I know the old one has died as far as any new info.
1) That's sort of what this is.

2) The old one as in the Searunner's Owners List? Yep, you're right -- totally dead.

I like the searunner in general. Heck that's (in part) why I asked the question. But I also think the days for the searunner are numbered as there is next to no information from the current owners (with Steve Rust being the notable exception) and absolutely nothing from the designer.

If you wanted to revive the design, I would start by recontacting the owners and getting Mr. Marples on board. Hopefully this would include redoing his website so he came up to at least recent technology/web design, if not current.

Maren

The sea is always beautiful, sometimes mysterious and, on occasions, frighteningly powerful.
Old 09-05-2008, 22:00   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Searunner 40 Trimaran, Siruis 22 mono, 16 foot MFG daysailor
I know of a very nice 31 that was in Texas that sold recently. The new owner had it disassembled and shipped on a single trailer to some place in Ontario. With the 25 and 31 it does open up your possible search area more than a fixed wing model. I will keep and eye open. The 31's seem more common and should not be too hard to find. Good luck.

Patrick, age 9
Old 11-05-2008, 22:14   #8

31 Searunner

Brown 31ft. Searunner Trimaran Sailboat

Very capable boat.........don't know this one myself. The design will take you out there though.
Old 25-05-2008, 09:00   #9

Boat: Searunner 37
Toronto Multihull Cruising Club

Quote:

At the TMCC (Toronto Multihull Cruising Club) you will find 7 or 8 Searunners from 25 to 40 feet. I know of at least one 40 for sale. Our keenest person on the history and background on the multihull movement of the 70's and Jim Brown in particular is Scott Brown (no relation) at the TMCC. He has owns a 31. You can email him at webmaster@torontomultihullclub.com.

Hope this helps your search. There are 35 or so multihulls in the club, many of which are from the 70's to 90's

Karl
Old 21-08-2008, 11:28   #10

Boat: Searunner 40. Maxolar
What governs your size criteria ? I agree with "Small is beautiful", but even big boats in the back yard feel awfully small on the ocean.
Look at http://groups.msn.com/moscan
Searunners are easy to sail singlehanded, even the big ones, windvanes and autohelms need no food or sleep, and they don't answer back.
DaveM
Old 08-11-2008, 07:11   #11

Boat: Boatless
Searunner for sale.

Quote:
Mexico, Germany, Hawaii, and Canada are difficult to consider visiting. I will look into that MA one though. Thanks

Anything between Massachusetts and Florida out there? Or any owners of Searunners who have thoughts on how to find one?
Did you find a boat? If so, what did you get? If not I am going to either sell mine outright or find someone to partner with. I put an ad in the classified section for my 31.

JIm
Connecticut
Old 11-11-2008, 13:29   #12

Boat: Searunner 40. Maxolar
Searunner for sale

Hi RD Beal,

Wonder if you are still looking ? My 40 is now back on the water, (2 Nov) in LaBelle FL. Still for sale to the right person.

Very shortly we are off down to the Keys, and then off to forbidden grounds (Cuba) for a few months. As we are a UK registered boat, and UK citizens we are not expecting any problems. I was there in 1992 and wrote an artical in Multihulls Mag. Expecting a few changes since then.

I have had all rigging professionally checked, and as far as I'm aware, we are all systems go. Ft Myers boat show, then up to see friends in Port Charlotte and then off.

Would love to show you round, in person or look (http://groups.msn.com/mopscan)

DaveM
Old 02-03-2009, 06:39   #13

Smile Are you still looking for a Searunner 31?

I'm selling mine. www.sr31.wordpress.com
Old 02-03-2009, 14:44   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by if.at..first... View Post
That is a good looking boat you have there, I will keep it in mind if I hear of anyone looking for a Searunner. (best boat for the money you can get) IMHO od course!
Old 03-03-2009, 17:28   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by if.at..first... View Post

Try ProjectFiji on the site. I am not sure if he is seriously in the market, but he expressed and interest and is not too far from you.

Maren