Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2009, 17:33   #16

Boat: Roberts 44 Offshore
They have tons of videos on their site. The gear reduction drive really does make the difference in the two machines. Now I did look into slowing down the Pfaff and trying to make my own gearing but I figured with all the other features of the Sailrite I just opened the wallet you know.
Old 13-10-2009, 19:53   #17

Boat: Hunter 26
Customer Service experience

Interesting comment about their customer servive.
I purchased the zig-zag model three or four years ago - and I like it fine. But after using it a short time, the foot pedal (speed control) started sizzling, popping and smelled real hot. When I called Sailrite, they said not an issue - it was fine.
I told them I thought they had a potential liability on their hands.
Haven't used the machine since.
Old 13-10-2009, 20:13   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABell View Post
Interesting comment about their customer servive.
I purchased the zig-zag model three or four years ago - and I like it fine. But after using it a short time, the foot pedal (speed control) started sizzling, popping and smelled real hot. When I called Sailrite, they said not an issue - it was fine.
I told them I thought they had a potential liability on their hands.
Haven't used the machine since.
Hmm. Would you like to sell your machine? I will be in Portland next month and might be able to pick up. Send me a PM if the idea interests you.
Old 14-10-2009, 05:15   #19

Boat: Roberts 44 Offshore
Sailrite is correct about that type of foot pedal, they are the old ones and are not dangerous but they do pop and make noise. All the new machines have electronic pedals and they don't do that. All old machines came with that type of pedal including the Pfaff, I can't remember the name of them, maybe someone else will post that info.