Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 10:32   #1

Boat: 35' Pearson sloop
Winter storage cover for 1973 Pearson 35' Sloop $1500 possible offers

This is a barely used winter storage cover for sale. Its condition is barely used, extremely good. The cover came with the boat. They have been in my family posession for 7 years and the cover was never used in this time frame. It was safely stored when the boat was purchased and remained that way until these pictures were taken. It needs to go to a good home. I recently, relocated to gulf coast. No longer need this beautiful cover. The pictures show it installed on my 1973 Pearson 35' sloop. I recently raised the boom 14" and installed a stack pack. So, the cover no longer fits properly. But, I wanted to display its basic look when installed. The cover is blue. It installs in 3 pieces with twist studs to join together the sections(stern, boom tent and bow). The cover is loaded with stainless gromets. Along its entire perimeter(webbing reinforced). This allows for weights or tie downs. There are velcroed opening for all stanctions and stays. The cover allows the topping lift , mast and roller furling to pass through it. I did not notice any rips, tears, or staining anywhere along the entire cover. I layed the cover out for some close-up pics to view the quality of construction. The cover was made by Lakeside Boat Canvas in Grand Rivers, Kentucky(the boats former home). No other equipment or hardware is included with the sale. Just the canvas cover. I have not got a shipping estimate yet. Buyer will pay actual shipping cost or is welcome to pick it up if near Mobile, Alabama. Absolutely no other fees will be added. I have Paypal and cash works too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131209_132623.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	375.2 KB
ID:	71844   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131209_133241.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	416.9 KB
ID:	71845  

Name:	IMG_20131209_133256.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	426.4 KB
ID:	71846   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131209_133651.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	403.8 KB
ID:	71847  

Name:	IMG_20131209_133800.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	412.4 KB
ID:	71848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131209_135644.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	402.9 KB
ID:	71849  

Old 26-03-2014, 09:07   #2

Boat: 89 O'Day 302
Re: Winter storage cover for 1973 Pearson 35' Sloop $1500 possible offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCooper View Post
This is a barely used winter storage cover for sale. Its condition is barely used, extremely good. The cover came with the boat. They have been in my family posession for 7 years and the cover was never used in this time frame. It was safely stored when the boat was purchased and remained that way until these pictures were taken. It needs to go to a good home. I recently, relocated to gulf coast. No longer need this beautiful cover. The pictures show it installed on my 1973 Pearson 35' sloop. I recently raised the boom 14" and installed a stack pack. So, the cover no longer fits properly. But, I wanted to display its basic look when installed. The cover is blue. It installs in 3 pieces with twist studs to join together the sections(stern, boom tent and bow). The cover is loaded with stainless gromets. Along its entire perimeter(webbing reinforced). This allows for weights or tie downs. There are velcroed opening for all stanctions and stays. The cover allows the topping lift , mast and roller furling to pass through it. I did not notice any rips, tears, or staining anywhere along the entire cover. I layed the cover out for some close-up pics to view the quality of construction. The cover was made by Lakeside Boat Canvas in Grand Rivers, Kentucky(the boats former home). No other equipment or hardware is included with the sale. Just the canvas cover. I have not got a shipping estimate yet. Buyer will pay actual shipping cost or is welcome to pick it up if near Mobile, Alabama. Absolutely no other fees will be added. I have Paypal and cash works too.
Still available?
Am interested, as I live in Canada and winter my boat outside. However, it is an O'day 302, at about 30ft in length. Do you think this would be too sloppy?
I am a paypal user, but would need some type of shipping idea, as I am sure this has some weight to it. Canada , Sask. S4X 3W7.
Tks alot
Bill
Old 27-03-2014, 12:04   #3

Boat: 35' Pearson sloop
Re: Winter storage cover for 1973 Pearson 35' Sloop $1500 possible offers

I can not confirm the cover will fit any other boat. But with a heavy duty sewing machine you can accomplish almost anything. As far as shipping. You would pay actual shipping cost. No added costs or fees. I will have to get together some quotes and post them. You can Pm if you need additional info.

Tags
offer, pearson, sloop, storage