Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-08-2010, 12:06   #1

Boat: whitby 42
Whitby, Brewer, CSY 44, or Similar Classic Plastic

After boat searching for eight months and having a deal on a brewer 42 fall thru a few days back, I am renewing my search. Boats under consideration are whitbys, brewers, csy 44, landfall 43, Pan oceanic 43 and similar boats. I can say that there are some truly great brokers out there and there are some that are not great. Frankly, I wish there was a platform whereby boat owners could search boat buyers. More specifically, it would be great for me to establish a profile of a boat I desire and identify the price range I desire and have that info readily available for sellers to search. I know sailboatlistings.com is a FSBO service but what is missing are the sold data (it is a great service and I sold my boat thru it) . After looking from florida to Mass, I have seen just about every boat that meets my criteria first hand and, frankly, the owners always seem to list their boats at the high end of the price range. Sold data could allow sellers to establish more reasonable prices. Any thoughts would be appreicated. (If there are sellers of the above vessels out there, feel free to contact me at LonRcrow at yahoo dot com)