Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-12-2015, 20:37   #16

Boat: Pearson Triton 28
Re: Wanted blue water cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefroamer View Post
Coming from the dark side (power boats) looking for a cruiser. Not too much work but very handy in all phases of restoration. I have a beautiful mountain lot in Cashiers N.C. worth 40k we could trade with cash for the right boat.

Cheers
I have a Pearson Triton 28. Just redid the bottom. Great condition, blue water boat. She's for sale after my next cruise to the Bahamas $22,000
Old 28-12-2015, 05:39   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin1 View Post
I have a Pearson Triton 28. Just redid the bottom. Great condition, blue water boat. She's for sale after my next cruise to the Bahamas $22,000
Sorry Robin1 I'm really looking for a bigger boat and the trade doesn't look equitable.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:07   #18
Marine Service Provider

Boat: command yachtsdouglas32

Quote:
Sorry Robin1 I'm really looking for a bigger boat and the trade doesn't look equitable.
Its hard to justify "equitable" when dealing with a gated community in NC..So much so that there is a 1 acre lot in Badin lake area that Davidson Collage would give away for free..You can then fight with the home owners association about what you can build ,who can build, where you can build and when you can build etc..Good luck in your hunt for the "right person" that would trade freedom of life with a boat for imprisonment in a gated community that is usually goverened by folks from "New York City" or the like who have different sensibiltys than the local "hillbillys"..Not trying to be ugly but gated communitys in NC are a "though row to hoe"..Good luck...
Old 02-01-2016, 08:27   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropicalescape View Post
Its hard to justify "equitable" when dealing with a gated community in NC..So much so that there is a 1 acre lot in Badin lake area that Davidson Collage would give away for free..You can then fight with the home owners association about what you can build ,who can build, where you can build and when you can build etc..Good luck in your hunt for the "right person" that would trade freedom of life with a boat for imprisonment in a gated community that is usually goverened by folks from "New York City" or the like who have different sensibiltys than the local "hillbillys"..Not trying to be ugly but gated communitys in NC are a "though row to hoe"..Good luck...
There's one in every internet forum! Clearly you are an expert on all of N.C., hate people form N.Y. and if you own that lot in Biden N.C. I will take it for free! If not maybe you should stay off my thread unless you have something nice to say.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:55   #20
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
There's one in every internet forum! Clearly you are an expert on all of N.C., hate people form N.Y. and if you own that lot in Biden N.C. I will take it for free! If not maybe you should stay off my thread unless you have something nice to say.
You are funny..You are wrong about the hate part..I guess you missed the part about Davidson Collage owning the lot at Badin Lake so if you want another "white elephant" that is just as hard to get rid of as the one you now find yourself with call them..Told you I wasnt being ugly ..I do deal with a lot of folks from "up north" that come down to NC and want to build summer homes in the mountains and then find out that when dealing with the "gated communitys" it aint that easy..I still wish you "good luck" finding someone that would make a trade with you..ps. what do you think, I think, about "Hillbillys" and what do you think all those folks that come from NY City think about us "Hillbillys"(besides being a "soft touch")? once more Good Luck finding someone that will trade a "NICE BIG $40,000 SAILBOAT" for your lot that a homeowners association has the final word with..Happy New Year..
Old 02-01-2016, 09:30   #21

Quote:
You are funny..You are wrong about the hate part..I guess you missed the part about Davidson Collage owning the lot at Badin Lake so if you want another "white elephant" that is just as hard to get rid of as the one you now find yourself with call them..Told you I wasnt being ugly ..I do deal with a lot of folks from "up north" that come down to NC and want to build summer homes in the mountains and then find out that when dealing with the "gated communitys" it aint that easy..I still wish you "good luck" finding someone that would make a trade with you..ps. what do you think, I think, about "Hillbillys" and what do you think all those folks that come from NY City think about us "Hillbillys"(besides being a "soft touch")? once more Good Luck finding someone that will trade a "NICE BIG $40,000 SAILBOAT" for your lot that a homeowners association has the final word with..Happy New Year..
Whenever someone starts the conversation with "I'm not trying to be rude" or "I'm not trying to be ugly" they are! I'm from down South so your assumption is wrong and your spelling is atrocious. You may want to quit while your still behind since your in the "marine service industry"! Just for your information, when you use "y" at the end with a plural, substitute it with an "ie" example-"Hillbillies"or "Communities" just so you can hone your trolling skills further and not look so ignorant! Happy New Year!

The best part about a gated community is you don't end up with a trailer next to your home, but I'll go out on a limb...no I'll take the high road here!
Old 02-01-2016, 13:42   #22
Marine Service Provider

need to pay more attention to business skills than worrying about someones spelling skills(I could use spell check )then you wouldnt have to pawn your subprime lot off on some unsuspecting sailor..Might be better to go back to "the dark side" I heard there were some "equitable" bargins over there..
Old 02-01-2016, 14:46   #23

Quote:
need to pay more attention to business skills than worrying about someones spelling skills(I could use spell check )then you wouldnt have to pawn your subprime lot off on some unsuspecting sailor..Might be better to go back to "the dark side" I heard there were some "equitable" bargins over there..
The point is: You don't know what you're talking about and you have no business posting on my thread! Do your research as only the very affluent go to this small slice of heaven in the mountains!

B.T.W. YOU SHOULD USE SPELL CHECK!

Old 19-02-2016, 06:26   #24

Good morning Reefroamer We have a 1984 Shannon ketch that is 50'. Is this too big for your needs. It is a great live aboard and blue water boat. I am interested in lot in NC as part of trade. This boat will sleep 8 people. Looking for $150K. It now sits in marina in Florida. Any interest?
Old 19-02-2016, 15:34   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston444 View Post
Good morning Reefroamer We have a 1984 Shannon ketch that is 50'. Is this too big for your needs. It is a great live aboard and blue water boat. I am interested in lot in NC as part of trade. This boat will sleep 8 people. Looking for $150K. It now sits in marina in Florida. Any interest?
Winston, I appreciate the offer, we have really decided to go the catamaran route. We made the mistake of going to the Miami boat show, now my wife has her eyes on a cat! I knew it was a bad idea going there!
Old 20-02-2016, 08:26   #26

Thanks for the reply. Hope you find the boat you are looking for. Wish you fair winds.
Old 20-02-2016, 16:55   #27

1965 Laurin 32, hull#51. Floating but in sorry shape. Needs everything except mast and rigging. $4000 obo. Clear title. In the water at riviera beach, florida. Currently used as a liveaboard. 305_763-7318

Tags
cruise, cruiser, wanted, water