Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-11-2015, 07:06   #1

Thrane & Thrane Sailor 250 Fleet Broadband complete

I just bought a boat that has the Thrane & Thrane Sailor 250 Fleet Broadband System installed. I don't have a need for it so it's up for sale.

For sale for $4,000. New price is $7,700 (see Cobham Sailor 250 FleetBroadband Marine Satellite Terminal | NorthernAxcess). The unit is probably less than five years old, the previous owner did the ARC 2011, 2012, and 2013 and I understood he bought it for that purpose.

It's still installed on my boat, I'll dismount it for the buyer. You are also welcome to come and look it over at an agreed time. It includes the original Installation Manual, User Manual (Fleet Broadband), User Manual (Thrane IP Handset), and Quick Guide (IP Handset, Wired).

The system specifications are:

Thrane Sailor 250 Inmarsat FleetBroadband Marine Internet Terminal

FleetBroadband satellite internet terminal provides affordable, reliable IP communications for small to medium-size vessels.You can have constant access to simultaneous voice and high-speed data services with data speeds up to 284 kbps from a compact, lightweight antenna. SAILOR 250 FleetBroadband is the perfect balance between performance and price. This terminal allows you to run online operational systems such as remote monitoring, access to e-mail, intranet/internet and multiple voice lines.

IP Handset.

Sailor 250 comes with up to six simultaneous voice lines possible using Inmarsat Multi-voice. The advanced Thrane IP Handset plug-and-play handset provides an intuitive user interface through a 2.2” TFT colour screen and features cutting-edge technology, such as a state-of-the-art echo cancellation and noise suppression software for excellent audio clarity.

KEY FEATURES

Connectivity:Sailor 250 FleetBroadband you have fast connectivity between your vessel and shore, at any location or conditions. Enjoy your time at sea with high quality internet and voice communication always available.

Tracking: Sailor 250 FleetBroadband can be used for dedicated tracking and telemetry applications. This advanced functionality can enhance efficiency by ensuring your support on shore has all the information they need, from real-time engine data for maintenance to position data for fleet tracking and management.

Easy Installation: Sailor 250 FleetBroadband is easy to install, so getting connected aboard is fast and cost-effective. The system is delivered with everything you need to get started in the box and because it is based on standard IP services features a clear user interface, connecting your computer, corporate network or phone system is simple and secure.

PRODUCT FEATURES

High-speed data up to 284kbps
Standard IP addresses for email and Internet/Intranet access, including secure VPN connection
Streaming IP
Send and receive e-mails and browse the web
Get access to remote networks securely
Send and receive large files
Access to voice and data simultaneously
Small size hardware
ISDN 64k and 3.1kHz Audio
Compact and Durable antenna.
IP Handset allows management of the FB 250
Multiple interfaces including Ethernet (PoE), RJ11, USB, L-Band and I/O

Box Contents for Thrane & Thrane Sailor 250 Fleetbroadband Terminal
SAILOR 250 Antenna unit
SAILOR FleetBroadband Below Deck Unit
SAILOR IP handset/Cradle (wired)
antenna cable (RG-223), N & TNC
User/installation manuals
Old 01-12-2015, 19:44   #2

Re: Thrane & Thrane Sailor 250 Fleet Broadband complete

bumped
Old 09-12-2015, 06:07   #3

I see so many people asking about internet connectivity and phone service at sea, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest.
Old 09-12-2015, 06:51   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlylelk View Post
I see so many people asking about internet connectivity and phone service at sea, I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest.
Probably because 99% of the people that ask that question are either sailing newbies or tech newbies and they are expecting some kind of solution similar to land based IE couple hundred for a modem and router and $40-$50/month access.

When they find out the cost for at sea broad band internet it's a heart stopper.

Tags
broadband, email, phone, sail, Sailor, satellite, Thrane