Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2011, 21:49   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to ProtectTheOcean
Sloop or Multihull (28+ feet) on Secured Payments

Yep, it's a longshot, but I figure I may as well ask. Here it is:

I sold my improved property but had to take most of it in a note payable at $514 per month. I could probably sell that paper at a 20% discount, but then I'd be getting $40k instead of $50k, and it's a lot more of a hassle to do so than it was in 1993 when I took paper back last time.

If you can use it, donation receipt is also a possibility, as the vessel will be put to work for a non-profit, out documenting the state of the ocean, taking water samples from the gyres to determine toxicity levels, etc.

So here's what I'm after, and if you can handle payments secured by the land and its note, we may have trade:

Preferably in warm water, but not mandatory

Bluewater capable sloop of 28-42 feet. Longer certainly preferred, as this is a long-term cruising situation, so I'll need a bit of stowage.

The right cruising or dive-equipped monohull might catch my eye. That said, I'm hoping to find an older trimaran or maybe another Wharram catamaran.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in the States... but since the pooch is coming with, island nations can be problematic if one flies in with a dog.

Engine issues may be okay, as well. I've got a good friend who is a marine and auto mechanic, so we can probably fix or replace that.

What I DON'T want:

Huge projects. If she can't be sailed (once in the water) at least a few miles safely, I'm probably going to pass.

Soft decks. A spot or two is okay, but if the whole topside is soft or separating, that's a bigger project than I've got time for.

Emails from Nigerians informing me that I've won millions, or that they want me to help them (since I'm the only one they can trust) by holding on to the $50,000,000 USD that their dear dead uncle/husband/father left them.

The upside is that you're more likely to get a decent price on a lower-cost vessel this way. I'd rather give a fellow sailor more $ than some mortgage broker type.

If you've got one more boat than you want and are wiling to accept capital gains at $500 a month, let me know? Thanks!

Tags
multihull, sloop