Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2013, 15:44   #1

Sailboat mast, 32ft. used.

Now surplus to my needs is a used sailboat mast of some 32 to 34 ft. long, which I will carefully measure after it warms up a bit. Cross section at the bottom is 3" by 4", classic tear drop shape. It had a single spreader, which I think I still have and I believe all or most of the standing rigging. The previous owner had it on a "Luger (?)" of some 27 to 30 ft long, which he wrecked.

I purchased the mast, some 8 years ago for a project I had in mind, which as I am fast approaching 74, will probably not happen. So, I will either sell the mast or scrap it as aluminum.

As I remember it, it is in decent useable shape and could be used as an replacment mast or for a "home built". It is currently in my yard and I need to place it on a set of supports to photograph it.

I will sell it for $100, mast and SS rigging. I live in the St. Louis Missouri area and it is available for pick up only.

Perhaps this is not the best place to place this addvertisement and if you can suggest a better site, perhaps a home builders site, please advise me. Somebody out there is probably looking for a low cost project mast and I would much prefer for them to have it, rather than the scrap yard.

Thank you, Wedge.
Old 19-02-2013, 14:14   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Islander Trader 46
Send a message via Yahoo to marquisdesail
Re: Sailboat mast, 32ft. used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
Now surplus to my needs is a used sailboat mast of some 32 to 34 ft. long, which I will carefully measure after it warms up a bit. Cross section at the bottom is 3" by 4", classic tear drop shape. It had a single spreader, which I think I still have and I believe all or most of the standing rigging. The previous owner had it on a "Luger (?)" of some 27 to 30 ft long, which he wrecked.

I purchased the mast, some 8 years ago for a project I had in mind, which as I am fast approaching 74, will probably not happen. So, I will either sell the mast or scrap it as aluminum.

As I remember it, it is in decent useable shape and could be used as an replacment mast or for a "home built". It is currently in my yard and I need to place it on a set of supports to photograph it.

I will sell it for $100, mast and SS rigging. I live in the St. Louis Missouri area and it is available for pick up only.

Perhaps this is not the best place to place this addvertisement and if you can suggest a better site, perhaps a home builders site, please advise me. Somebody out there is probably looking for a low cost project mast and I would much prefer for them to have it, rather than the scrap yard.

Thank you, Wedge.

The length is exactly what I need. What i must know is the height of the luff gateway from the base of the ast?
Old 19-02-2013, 14:16   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Islander Trader 46
Send a message via Yahoo to marquisdesail

the length is exactly whaat i need. i need to know what height the luff gateway is from the base of the mast? kelly dot robertson at coolabar dot com
Old 24-02-2013, 16:55   #4

Sorry, but this mast is no longer available.

Thank you.

Tags
mast, sailboat