Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 17:03   #1

Boat: Nordic Tug 32
Reverse cycle marine air conditioner

Ocean Marine reverse cycle air conditioner for sale. $950 plus shipping.

I recently purchased Invictus, a Nordic Tug 32 which was equipped with two of these units. Thinking we would not need air conditioning cruising around the Bella Coola/Hakai Pass area, I removed one and sold it, leaving one installed to hedge my bet. After the 2012 cruising season we decided that we definitely do not need air conditioning so I have now removed the second unit.

Here are the specs: Manufactured by Ocean Marine, 9,000 BTU, 9 amps, 115V, c/w remote digital control panel/display, wiring harnesses, owner's manuals, some ducting, and the electronic control unit (not pictured) that coordinates the units (one or two) and the pump to work together. Also included is the water pump">raw water pump and some fittings. The pump is required to supply the water to the unit. This unit was sufficient to cool (or heat) the wheelhouse and stateroom on my boat.

The number of hours of use is unknown but I suspect it has been only very lightly used judging by how clean it is. There wasn't even any dust on it. The beauty of this unit is that with a push of a button you can also heat your boat. Another nice feature is that the control allows the fan speed to be varied, pretty handy when full capacity is not required.

This is a complete kit for installation. There are four owner's manuals with detailed installation instructions, wiring schematics, and operation/maintenance instructions. All you would have to provide: raw water pickup, water supply hoses, breaker/power supply, miscellaneous hardware for mounting, vent covers/louvers.

I can send more photos if needed. I will crate it and ship it anywhere in North America.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546_1_1.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	52141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0513_1_1.JPG
Views:	245
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	52142  

Name:	IMG_0521_1_1.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	52143   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0526_1_1.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	52144  

Name:	IMG_0536t_1_1.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	52145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0556_1_1.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	52146  

Old 03-01-2013, 18:55   #2

Re: Reverse cycle marine air conditioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatlayoko View Post
Ocean Marine reverse cycle air conditioner for sale. $950 plus shipping.

I recently purchased Invictus, a Nordic Tug 32 which was equipped with two of these units. Thinking we would not need air conditioning cruising around the Bella Coola/Hakai Pass area, I removed one and sold it, leaving one installed to hedge my bet. After the 2012 cruising season we decided that we definitely do not need air conditioning so I have now removed the second unit.

Here are the specs: Manufactured by Ocean Marine, 9,000 BTU, 9 amps, 115V, c/w remote digital control panel/display, wiring harnesses, owner's manuals, some ducting, and the electronic control unit (not pictured) that coordinates the units (one or two) and the pump to work together. Also included is the raw water pump and some fittings. The pump is required to supply the water to the unit. This unit was sufficient to cool (or heat) the wheelhouse and stateroom on my boat.

The number of hours of use is unknown but I suspect it has been only very lightly used judging by how clean it is. There wasn't even any dust on it. The beauty of this unit is that with a push of a button you can also heat your boat. Another nice feature is that the control allows the fan speed to be varied, pretty handy when full capacity is not required.

This is a complete kit for installation. There are four owner's manuals with detailed installation instructions, wiring schematics, and operation/maintenance instructions. All you would have to provide: raw water pickup, water supply hoses, breaker/power supply, miscellaneous hardware for mounting, vent covers/louvers.

I can send more photos if needed. I will crate it and ship it anywhere in North America.
What would you estimate the weight be.?i am interested maybe. but I live in Chicago and don't need to sell the boat to pay for shipping zip 60618
Old 03-01-2013, 19:11   #3

Yes, please don't sell your boat! I have not weighed the unit but will do so and post here later. The first unit I sold, which was considerably bigger and went to a boater in Florida, cost less than $200 to ship via FedEx. I don't remember the exact amount. I also charged him $50 to build a plywood crate. This one is small enough that a heavy duty cardboard box would probably suffice. Hope this helps. Stay tuned for an accurate weight. I will also try to provide approximate dimensions required.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55   #4

Further to my original post, I have weighed and measured the items. I used my bathroom scale so the weights are approximate. The air conditioner weighs 75 pounds and the included accessories weigh 20. Add the weight of a crate and the total will be very close to 105 pounds.

Dimensions are 28" x 18" x 22" approximately.

Shipping costs to your location can be determined by going to the FedEx or UPS web sites and entering these figures along with your zip/postal code.
Old 04-01-2013, 13:48   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatlayoko View Post
Further to my original post, I have weighed and measured the items. I used my bathroom scale so the weights are approximate. The air conditioner weighs 75 pounds and the included accessories weigh 20. Add the weight of a crate and the total will be very close to 105 pounds.

Dimensions are 28" x 18" x 22" approximately.

Shipping costs to your location can be determined by going to the FedEx or UPS web sites and entering these figures along with your zip/postal code.

Thanks so much for the pm I am going to look into pricing when I get home tomorrow will be in touch

Tags
marine