Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2011, 17:35   #1

Boat: Bristol 41.1
Smile Raytheon R20 Radar System

Hi,

I have a complete Raytheon R20 radar system complete with Radome antenna, manuals and cables/plugs. System worked when purchased boat. Removed for transport and no longer need for my new sailing area. Would make good economical radar or use as spares. Best offer.

Paul
Old 16-07-2011, 08:00   #2

Re: Raytheon R20 Radar System

Hello. I may be interested. When was the last time the system was working properly? Where are you located? Bob
Old 18-07-2011, 06:02   #3

Boat: Brewer 44

Pictures and price?
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowning, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing. Semper Paratus!
Old 20-07-2011, 08:36   #4

Boat: Bristol 41.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by retomas View Post
Hello. I may be interested. When was the last time the system was working properly? Where are you located? Bob
Hi Bob,

The equipment is in Atlanta. We turned the system on during the survey in Oct, 09 and all seemed to work. We removed shortly after and everything has been in storage since. I cannot guarantee equipment but, I do not know of any problems. Everything is clean and appears in good shape. I can take a few pictures and post during the next few days. I am open to offers.

Thanks.
Old 24-07-2011, 19:04   #5

Hello....It is a tough decision...the magnatron is the issue. If the unit does not transmit properly, no signal will be presented on the CRT. That is the issue. I have a unit now that is having that problem. The magnatron has either timed out or simply has no energy left. I would like to keep the unit as the system is installed properly on my boat. But, with you knowing if it works at the moment, it is a tough call. What is the minimum amount you would take? I think I would only take the radome as my CRT seems to be functional. We would have to ship it to NJ...Thank you.
Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristol41.1 View Post
Hi Bob,

The equipment is in Atlanta. We turned the system on during the survey in Oct, 09 and all seemed to work. We removed shortly after and everything has been in storage since. I cannot guarantee equipment but, I do not know of any problems. Everything is clean and appears in good shape. I can take a few pictures and post during the next few days. I am open to offers.

Thanks.

Tags
radar, raytheon