Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-08-2013, 10:05   #1

Boat: Allied Seawind 30 foot
Pur e 40 Watermaker

We would like to sell our watermaker as we have decided to sell the boat and do some land cruising. It was purchased in 2000 and has only been lightly used, it was never our sole source of water. It has been well taken care of, run at least yearly, biocided, etc. It has never been in the boat in freezing temperatures. We ran it two days ago and it worked great and made good water. We have all the paperwork, manual, cruising kit of extra o rings, cleaner, biocide, filters, etc. It retails new for around $4000.00, we are asking 1500. It is currently installed and you can see it run for yourself, we are onboard in the Long Island Sound, NY.
We have owned our Seawind 30 since 1989, cruised the Caribbean full time year round from 99 to 05 and full time during the summers since then. We are now ready to do some land cruising and our ketch is for sale.
Old 21-08-2013, 11:47   #2
cruiser

Boat: Tayana Surprise 45 schooner "Union Pacific"
Re: Pur e 40 Watermaker

too soon for me, if you have it later this year still we can talk!
Old 21-08-2013, 12:01   #3

Let me know if you change your mind in the next month or so. Then we will be hauling the boat for the winter and removing the watermaker and bringing it back to MN so it doesn't freeze on the boat.
We have owned our Seawind 30 since 1989, cruised the Caribbean full time year round from 99 to 05 and full time during the summers since then. We are now ready to do some land cruising and our ketch is for sale.
Old 01-09-2013, 16:28   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by denetteb View Post
We would like to sell our watermaker as we have decided to sell the boat and do some land cruising. It was purchased in 2000 and has only been lightly used, it was never our sole source of water. It has been well taken care of, run at least yearly, biocided, etc. It has never been in the boat in freezing temperatures. We ran it two days ago and it worked great and made good water. We have all the paperwork, manual, cruising kit of extra o rings, cleaner, biocide, filters, etc. It retails new for around $4000.00, we are asking 1500. It is currently installed and you can see it run for yourself, we are onboard in the Long Island Sound, NY.

Live in San Diego, CA and will buy it ASAP, however answer these? 1) Will it include the wiring? 2) I assume I pay for shipping? Or will you? 3) Estimate on the shipping costs? Burt "Gypsy Wind"
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30   #5

We have a person coming to look at it the end of the week. I will follow up when I know if he buys it.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:07   #6

I would like to buy the unit!
Thanks
Old 06-09-2013, 09:18   #7

The watermaker has been sold, thank you for your interest. Denette

Tags
paracelle, water, watermaker