Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 16:45   #1

Post subject: Looking for stanchions, or a lead on where to find em. Also small prop

My refit is going very well, so well that I'm on to the last couple parts. One of these is the stanchions. Unfortunately, one of the previous owners of my boat had some really crackpot ideas that he only half finished, including something with the stanchions. The result is, I have the original Spartan SS stanchion bases, but not the stanchions themselves. I'm looking for either a good deal on complete stanchions, or, ideally, a set of just the poles without the bases. I'll be doing bluewater so they need to be eyeleted for double lifelines. Any ideas where I could turn?

Also, I'm still looking for a 12 x 9 or 12x 8 three-bladed prop. Bit of a long shot...

Thanks!
-Paul

My blog (mostly) on the refit: Sail Feed
Old 12-08-2012, 19:11   #2

Boat: Hunter 410 41'
Re: Post subject: Looking for stanchions, or a lead on where to find em. Also small p

White Water Marine.
Do a search for their website for contact info.
If they don't already have the pattern they can make what you need from an existing. Be warned, the replacement will be better than the original! These guys are really good, and fairly priced.
jim
Old 13-08-2012, 09:56   #3
Marine Service Provider

Boat: We have a problem... A serious addiction issue.
Re: Post subject: Looking for stanchions, or a lead on where to find em. Also small p

Paul,

What size do you need? I can get you some titanium stantions made up for about $75 a piece. Though if you need a few I can likely get a quantity break on them.

- If animals weren't meant to be eaten then they wouldn't be made of food.
Old 13-08-2012, 10:18   #4
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat

There is an ebay seller, Boatersbits that often auctions set of stanchions. I bought 6 for around $100 several months ago. Still a ways to go till I need them, but I did check them with a magnet and seems to be pretty good material.
Old 13-08-2012, 12:39   #5

Boat: Freedom 35

Garhauer Marine sells stanchion tubes for $30 each: Garhauer Marine Hardware -4874471
Old 20-08-2012, 21:04   #6

Thanks for the tips folks. Should have mentioned I'm trying to do this on a pretty tight budget but I'll keep an eye on that ebay and think about Garhauer.