Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2011, 05:59   #31

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Re: Our Dream Changed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkaboat View Post
How do we know that you're not Nigerian?
You don't............ You just have to trust me........
Old 20-10-2011, 06:25   #32

Boat: Hunter 41DS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post
Mario and Lyne

OK
Sorry my mistake
Thank you for answering (on the forum by the way) my private message that I sent you in French.
But there is so many scam in the internet that old people like me are becoming very suspicious
And , sorry, no bad feelings but I had a very good laugh as I have seen that even in French you have problem with spelling !!! Just like my son ! That makes me understand my mistake
So please accept my apologies
Apologies accepted no bad feeling,

Today is a sad day we are going to get our sailboat out of water for the winter. and wait for next spring go go sailing.

Mario & Lyne
Old 20-10-2011, 06:42   #33

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb075769 View Post
Apologies accepted no bad feeling,

Mario & Lyne
Thanks
Alec
Old 20-10-2011, 06:46   #34
Armchair Bucketeer

Not aimed at OP (or anyone else), but as a general point I am sure that for some adapting boat and / or plans or buying a different boat type is the answer (and good for them )...............but one of the effects of long term illness / disability is that it can rob both the desire and enjoyment from parts of the lifestyle you previously led......long before losing the physical ability to do so (boats or whatever). Indeed can even become part of the problem in sucking the life out of folk........

In my book no shame in saying: "Time to do something else" and where the circumstances dictate arguably a bit of an idiot for "soldiering on"............
Old 20-10-2011, 07:20   #35

Boat: contessa 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Certainly don't throw out the auxiliary power of a mast. Most power boats come with just one engine, it breaks or runs out of fuel and it stops. Motor sailors make for easier sailing, less sail and heel, more use of power, cheaper to run, more mods cons, more options for progress in poor weather.
There is also the option of reducing your mast height (sail area) on what you have, adding fuel tankerage, heating etc. Depends how much you like what you've got and if it's OK for long cruises. Personally I find sailing the easiest part of life on my old knees, mainly 'cos I'm sat down most of the time.
Trawlers? Ugh.
The first thing I woud do if I were to buy a power boat would be to put a mast on it so I could get home when the motor let me down
Old 20-10-2011, 07:30   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Not aimed at OP (or anyone else), but as a general point I am sure that for some adapting boat and / or plans or buying a different boat type is the answer (and good for them )...............but one of the effects of long term illness / disability is that it can rob both the desire and enjoyment from parts of the lifestyle you previously led......long before losing the physical ability to do so (boats or whatever). Indeed can even become part of the problem in sucking the life out of folk........

In my book no shame in saying: "Time to do something else" and where the circumstances dictate arguably a bit of an idiot for "soldiering on"............
Thanks for your comment. You are right about long term illness, and this is why we are during it now during the physical its still manageable, there is nothing more relaxing and good for life then been on water.
We are still young and will keep going until we have to stop.

boating is a lot less stressful then keeping house, traffic , ect...
Discovering new horizon everyday.
Old 20-10-2011, 08:40   #37
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post

I couldn't agree more, David. Happily, we managed to get in five absolutely wonderful years cruising on our boat before we came to the conclusion that it was "time to do something else". With my wife's spinal condition worsening, I was worried about her well-being if we had continued cruising. Selling the boat was a hard thing to do, but we still have the memories of some of the best years of our life together.
Old 20-10-2011, 09:25   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
I couldn't agree more, David. Happily, we managed to get in five absolutely wonderful years cruising on our boat before we came to the conclusion that it was "time to do something else". With my wife's spinal condition worsening, I was worried about her well-being if we had continued cruising. Selling the boat was a hard thing to do, but we still have the memories of some of the best years of our life together.
Her condition is at a good level and we do not want to make it worst, and we are going to see after this winter if the trip will be with our sailboat or a power boat . one thing is for sure the next fall we are going south.

Mario & Lyne
Old 20-10-2011, 11:51   #39
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Warm weather and the ability to do water aerobics every day made a huge difference in my wife's pain level. It's a major one of the reasons that we bought a home on Nevis when we stopped cruising.
Old 20-10-2011, 12:19   #40

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30

Quote:
Thanks for your replay and yes you are right we are from Quebec, Canada and yes you can make $100,000+ in military and it has nothing to do how mush $$$ you are making it what you doing with it..
Here is what officers make in the Canadian Forces. This is ONLY base, and does not include danger pay when on deployment, which can substantially increase income.

Enlisted men do well also.
Old 23-10-2011, 10:28   #41

Boat: Islander 28
Anyone considering doing business and or exchanging money or personal information would be very prudent to do extensive background checking prior to to any exchange of above. There is quite alot of info here that defies logic and common sense. Learn to read between the lines. Buyer beware !!!
Old 23-10-2011, 11:14   #42

Boat: Islander 28
Just curious, where in "Lakes Champlain" is your boat located and being hauled? Must be quite a drive from Montreal to use it!
Old 24-10-2011, 07:49   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gathhill View Post
Just curious, where in "Lakes Champlain" is your boat located and being hauled? Must be quite a drive from Montreal to use it!
The lac Champlain is one of the best lake to do sailing and is only 50 minutes drive from my house.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:21   #44

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40CC
pirate Re: Our Dream Changed

Are you interested in a loan? Charter for a year? We are wanting to sail around the Caribbean for a year. Would this be something of interest to you?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:40   #45
TOM

Boat: Footloose 40 steel cutter

Quote:
Her condition is at a good level and we do not want to make it worst, and we are going to see after this winter if the trip will be with our sailboat or a power boat . one thing is for sure the next fall we are going south.

Mario & Lyne
Hi Mario & Lyne,

So from what i have read so far is that you want to do some sort of swap ie your Hunter /property for a cruising trawler plus cash adjustment in your favour ..is this corret? .There seems to be alot of who ha about your post been genuine or not so perhaps if you state clearly what you want it may help.

www.byamee.com