Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 18:20   #1

Boat: Dickerosn, ketch, 41' - Southern Cross
Send a message via Skype™ to Southern Cross
Oriental NC boat slip available

50' Slip for rent in Oriental NC, sailing capitol of North Carolina

We have a slip available at Oriental Harbor Marina (B 10) right in downtown Oriental. It is one of the few docks with not only a finger pier (starboard side as you pull in) but also a full length pier on the port side. This is a beautiful well kept facility with a nice open air restaurant, The Trawl Door, right on the premises. This is a 50' slip that we will rent at the 40' rate of $350/month plus electric. (normal rate is $375.) We do provide a lockable dock box (you provide the lock), big enough for someone to climb in, to at the head of the slip. Slip dimensions - 50' length, 16' beam, 6 or 6.5' +/- draft.

Showers, portable pump outs, WiFi and coin operated clothes washer and dryer are available right on premise.

This slip is within walking distance of The Bean, THE place to go to for your morning cup o'joe. Besides the Trawl Door on premises, there are several other restaurants within walking or biking range. M & M's, The Village Emporium, Brantley's Village Restaurant, The Silos and of course the Toucan and Tiki Bar. Only a couple blocks away you will find the Inland Waterway Provision Company where you can buy your boat some presents. Or check out the Nautical Consignment shop or the Village Hardware store. If that is not good enough there is always the local West Marine store within easy bike distance (we have some loaner bikes), just past a hardware store and a grocery store. Two boat yards, Sailcraft and Deaton's are right in town if you need to be hauled out or have work done.

If it is a big provision you need to do, then you can go with us to New Bern (airport code EWN), when we go to 'Wally World'.

Oriental, NC - the sailing capital of North Carolina. 889 residents in the small village of Oriental and 2500 +/- boats, sounds like the right kind of ratio to me.

Email - dndonwogs at gmail dot com or call the local phone with a 252 area code and 249 1930 as the rest of the number. If you have Verizon, then try ours at - 614 is the area code and 286-0091 to reserve your slot.

Thanks for looking, we look forward to your contact,

D & Don
Old 13-09-2013, 14:24   #2

Boat: Westsail 32 and Herreshoff 28
Re: Oriental NC boat slip available

I'd love to do this sometime.
I spent a few days in Oriental, it's a great little town.
We often consider moving there.
The town is both liveaboard friendly and has a rural feel, that's my kind of place.
We had some killer fish and chips at a cafe called M and M's (if my memory serves me correctly).

I might have missed it but I didn't notice you mentioning wether it was a liveaboard friendly marina?

Fwiw, My wife mentioned the cafe in this short video.
This was probably 4 or 5 years ago.
Good eastern Carolina eating!!!!!

Try them out when visiting Oriental, assuming they're still in business. I'm starving now!
Old 13-09-2013, 20:35   #3

Boat: Big brick box and a '62 Airstream Ambassador. Formerly Pacific Seacraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by endoftheroad View Post
I'd love to do this sometime.
I spent a few days in Oriental, it's a great little town.
We often consider moving there.
The town is both liveaboard friendly and has a rural feel, that's my kind of place.
We had some killer fish and chips at a cafe called M and M's (if my memory serves me correctly).

I might have missed it but I didn't notice you mentioning wether it was a liveaboard friendly marina?

Fwiw, My wife mentioned the cafe in this short video.
This was probably 4 or 5 years ago.
Good eastern Carolina eating!!!!!

Try them out when visiting Oriental, assuming they're still in business. I'm starving now!
Ya they're still open. They serve booze and stay pretty busy. I often get a pound of steamed shrimp there. Brantleys has killer soft crabs, but accompanied by sweet tea. Their flounder and other seafood is some of the best; mui rico, and I also like the green beans, limas, and rutabagas. I feel at home at Brantleys, with pamlico natives and transplants alike. I can talk about the soybean crop or ham radio there and we know each others names. It's a long damn way away but pamlico county and oriental have definitely become a second home.