Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2012, 06:10   #1

Boat: Gib Sea 37ft
Older type Raymarine Auto Pilot Control Head

Our Raymarine Auto Pilot 6000+ system for a tiller works wonderfully. Unfortunately, the control head unit doesn't. The new control heads are not compatible with our older system and we wondered if someone may have upgraded their system and have an old head unit that we could make good use of. We really don't want to have to buy a complete new system as everything works fine, we just can't read the info on the screen anymore.
Hope someone can help. Happy to pay a fair price and arrange delivery to our base S.E. Asia.
Many thanks
Julie
Old 18-05-2012, 06:27   #2

Re: Older type Raymarine Auto Pilot Control Head

I replaced my Raymarine autopilot system when I replaced my old radar with a C120 multifunction display. I have a ST6000 display (new in 1999) which I have kept on board as a spare. We have just completed our circumnavigation and do not need as many spares, now that we will only be doing coastal cruising. I can email a photo of it to you. By the way, a hand held remote ST600R will do the job also. (I don't want to sell mine.) We are in St. Augustine, FL. I think International priority mail will be around USD48 dollars as we just sent some parts to New Zealand. How about USD225 plus shipping with payment by PayPal?
Old 18-05-2012, 08:12   #3

Thanks for the quick reply.
Could you please show me a photo of the front of the unit and, more importantly, the back of the unit. We need to see if the wiring sockets are the same as ours.
We have looked at the hand remotes but don't think it would be suitable for our needs.
Old 18-05-2012, 09:17   #4

Hi, I would be glad to show you the autopilot head if I could figure out how to put a photo on this forum. The back of the head has two curved SeaTalk connectors (sockets) and one two pin socket (I don't know what it's for). Front of display says Autohelm ST6000+. If you could send me a PM I can then email a photo directly to you. Where are you in Malaysia? We spent a while at Rebak marina near Langkawi in 2008. Hope this helps.
Old 19-05-2012, 06:26   #5

Have a look at our blog for photos of the ST6000+ Autohelm autopilot display
I think that you just click on the symbol below, otherwise go to Harry & Jane aboard CORMORANT - Blog.
the two SeaTalk sockets on the back are the standard 3 pin curved connectors and the other two pin socket is labled NMEA in.

Please let me know soon, as a fellow here in St. Augustine wants the display.
Thanks
Old 20-05-2012, 17:01   #6

Correction on blog address and photos. It is http://harryjane.weebly.com
Old 22-05-2012, 01:43   #7

Hi Harry
Thanks for this - not sure if you got the email I just sent you. However, I've had a look at look at the photos of the unit on your lovely website and am just getting my partner Gareth to have a quick look too - he's not with me at the mo so I've sent him the link. I don't think it will fit, but G knows more than me about these things!
If you could please just bear with us for a short while we will definitly come back to you with a yay or nay. If it will fit, then we'd be very keen to take it off your hands.
Manyt thanks

Julie

Tags
head, raymarine, autopilot