Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 07:49   #1

Boat: NorSea 27, Daphne
Nor'Sea 27 Sailboat

Nor’sea 27 Aft Cabin 1991 w/ Trailer For Sale
Ready to liveaboard or long-term cruise!

for more photos, videos, and info please visit my blog. On this post you'll find a link to videos, photos, and a complete listing on my boat:

Nor'sea 27 'Daphne' For Sale. Lyle Hess Trailerable World Cruiser.

If you are familiar with Nor'Seas, then you'll know that they are extremely seaworthy sailing vessels. And their trailerable!

My Nor'Sea Daphne is fully equipped to set sail on long offshore voyages or live aboard, as I did both for several years. Daphne comes with a trailer that I only used once, and has never seen salt water.

I have a marine survey from May 2011. In a nutshell, the survey states that Daphne is a seaworthy boat, a good investment, and in good condition.

Please visit my blog for the complete listing.

Nor'sea 27 'Daphne' For Sale. Lyle Hess Trailerable World Cruiser.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:11   #2

Boat: sold my boat. looking for a new one.
Re: Nor'Sea 27 Sailboat

Very nice boat, I've always loved Lyle Hess designs. What's the asking price?
Old 05-09-2011, 05:00   #3

Still available! Going to visit my boat today to add another coat or two of varnish. Hopefully the sun will come out!
Old 05-09-2011, 05:50   #4

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27

Once I found it, I started to follow your blog. It was nice to watch the videos of your adventures too. One thing I haven't seen, even on your site, is the asking price. Maybe I missed it.

Best of luck to your next big Adventure!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00   #5

Dan,
Send me an email and I'll will send you the full listing for Daphne. It will likely answer most of your questions (including the asking price).
Sincerely,
Teresa
teresa at sailingsimplicity dot com
Old 05-09-2011, 11:27   #6

I don't understand when folks list their boats for sale, and then don't include the price. For many of us, it the starting point for knowing whether any given boat is a real prospect or just an unaffordable dream.

Whether your the buyer or the seller, it can be the primary way of not wasting either parties time.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:29   #7

Boat: mt34dt

IMHO all adds should include asking price, as many shopping for boats have a price point they have to work around. I am looking for a boat in the 27-30 ft range, but to tell you the truth when someone does not list price it puts me off, like there is something to hide or be ashamed of. I am not saying that is the case here, but there are too many boats available to play some cat and mouse game over pricing. Kinda like going to the grocery store and having to go through checkout to find out price. Not trying to piss anyone off, but I find adds like these evasive and off-putting.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:14   #8

You have to learn Brokerspeak. Just as "Ready to go!" means "Major project", and "Needs TLC" means "Sank at the dock last year", so "Call for price" means "If you have to ask, you can't afford it."

Nothing personal - just business.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:27   #9
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
IMHO all adds should include asking price, as many shopping for boats have a price point they have to work around. I am looking for a boat in the 27-30 ft range, but to tell you the truth when someone does not list price it puts me off, like there is something to hide or be ashamed of. I am not saying that is the case here, but there are too many boats available to play some cat and mouse game over pricing. Kinda like going to the grocery store and having to go through checkout to find out price. Not trying to piss anyone off, but I find adds like these evasive and off-putting.
I agree 100% .....

.....but I can understand a reluctance to mention price on an internet Forum. Although CF is pretty civil (and Mods happy / keen (Lol!) to tidy threads) not all Forums are the same, so easy to end up with a thread of claiming "overpriced rubbish" (which ends up in Google) from folk simply wanting to appear clever or be argumentative.

Off Topic - but a free thread bump
Old 06-09-2011, 06:05   #10
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Custom 70' Sportfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeta View Post
DITTO... free bump....
Old 06-09-2011, 10:44   #11
cruiser

Boat: Looking and saving for my next...mid-atlantic coast

True, but to expand

If OP wants to hide the price of the boat in an attempt to filter out non serious leads, she has every right to do so. We can go on and on and question on whether its effective since:

* it probably alienates 80-90% interest of potential buyers - buyers who are qualifying many boats and boat manufacturers on the market based on price alone. (there are degrees of seriousness)
* It only takes one person here to make contact and spread the news on the price to others, so whats the point of secrecy?
* Secrecy of price leads to questioning what other secrets aren't shared?

...but the bottom line it's her boat and if she wants to filter inundated calls and tire kickers she has every right to do so. She probably is not really ready to sell or is warming up to the idea and this is a way of dealing with it - ok agree its speculation.

Its a lovely boat, but for my own reasons (location, no price, and a lot of other boats with both) there isn't enough to spark my interest to take a plunge and ask. I think it will make someone else very very happy though.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30   #12
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
* it probably alienates 80-90% interest of potential buyers - buyers who are qualifying many boats and boat manufacturers on the market based on price alone. (there are degrees of seriousness)
Price also helps interest those who have no idea what an XYZ is, nor whether it is there ballpark on price. Is that a $5k boat or a $50k boat? Obviously research and Googling can answer that (no matter what the Vendor is asking ) - but folk are lazy / busy / only reading the ad for a few seconds, so IMO prospective buyers should spoonfeed / tempt a buyer, rather than taking the Broker's approach of treating 'em like mushrooms .

Free Bump

A Nor'Sea 27 is a nice looking boat
Old 06-09-2011, 15:08   #13

I only find one listed for sale on Yachtworld -
1992 Nor'Sea 27 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com
It has been stored on a trailer (I presume) since 2008, probably needs some work.
Only two have sold in the last 5 years-
One 1976 model for $18,000 in 12/2007
One 1988 model for $39,000 in 01/2011
Not much to go on for figuring what anyone should pay.
I too am suspisious of people not listing their asking price with their ad. It makes me wonder if they try to feel out the potential buyer for how much they can pay. Do they tell the same asking price to everyone?
I realize they are trying to get the most for their "baby", and theirs is the best one ever. They will have their boat on the market for a while, then lower their asking price a little, and then after a longer time they will lower it again, and then finally they will get tired of waiting for their boat to sell and lower the price, and the boat will sell! With some people it takes longer than others, it depends on how quickly they want to sell it.
A Nor'Sea 27 is a special boat and will only appeal to a very limited crowd, finding that right person is not easy.
Brian
Old 06-09-2011, 15:35   #14

The Nor'Sea is a niche boat and most people who are shopping for boats generally know the market. Daphne is a fair price. I send the exact same price to everyone who inquires.

Normally I would list the price, but I have personal reasons for not doing so this time. I hope you'll respect that. If I loose a potential buyer by not listing my price, then its on my shoulders.

If someone wants to inquire and then spread the word on the forum as suggested in a comment above, despite my contrary requests, they are free to do it. Although I don't understand what they would gain by doing so.

Sincerely,
Teresa
Old 06-09-2011, 15:42   #15
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Norseman 447

Here is some more info on the Nor'sea
Nor’Sea 27 Review : Bluewaterboats.org

Article says:
The Nor’Sea 27 has held their values well and have remained highly sought after so tend not to linger long on the used boat market. In 2007 the market value on used boats ranged from $28k – $62k USD depending on age and condition.

This particular Nor'sea Daphne is very well equipped and in very good condition, so if I was clever, I'd assume it'd fall in the upper end of the $28-62k range. From what I've seen, boat prices are usually pretty systematic, and determined by condition, equipment, age.

Tags
sailboat