Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-07-2010, 05:55   #1

Maxsea Time Zero Navigator + AIS module + East Coast Australia Charts + All US Charts

Although this is a fantastic nav suite (in my opinion, the best out there), we simply don't need it. It's massively overkill when you spend most of your time drinking rum on a swing-mooring I had fun playing with it, especially the GRIB visualisations. The fact that you can toggle between and fly around Navionics, C-MAP, Satellite photos, and 3D is all pretty amazing.

Package includes:
  • Official Maxsea Time Zero Navigator box with pile of DVDs which include all US vector and raster charts. All activation codes and original materials included
  • Current East coast Australia charts including satellite, vector, and 3D (vector is Navionics-based + C-Map). Unlock code and download locations provided via official email from Maxsea.
  • AIS module is unlocked automatically when you install (tied to the serial number provided)
  • I will edit my online Maxsea account details to any email and password you specifiy, you can then log in to change them again, and download all Maxsea + charts updates

To clarify, you can download all chart AND Maxsea program updates with the account being sold. Your version will be completely current, as good as new (just way cheaper). You'll need a decent broadband connection to grab all of the updates, they're at least a few gigs. This would be the same process if you bought new from Furuno, etc.

To purchase the equivalent in Australia from jntaylor.com.au or similar would cost about $3400AUD ($2640 for Navigator, and $806 for East-Australia charts).

I'm asking $940AUD for the lot. Free shipping in Australia. Payment must be made by bank transfer.

Here's my ebay profile to show my rating on their site. I added a "hello cruisers forum" to help verify it's me.

Old 26-07-2010, 03:20   #2

45 views but no interest on this one? I thought Time Zero with new charts would sell faster than anything else.
Old 27-07-2010, 22:16   #3
dor

Hi Do you still have this for sale??
Old 27-07-2010, 22:46   #4

Yes, it's still available for purchase.

Cheers

Trev
Old 27-07-2010, 23:19   #5
dor

Trev, what version is it and what are the years of the charts?? is this the same that you can buy online at Maxsea for xxxxpounds.
Old 27-07-2010, 23:29   #6

Hi Dor,

It's the exact same product, yes. Full name is 'Maxsea Time Zero Navigator' (+the AIS module because it was purchased as part of a deal from Furuno USA).

The Maxsea software is always up to date. They give you full access to all updates online until the next major release. You don't even need to install the DVD, you can simply login to their website with your new account, and download the lastest version from any broadband connection.

It's the same setup for charts. I'll sell you the retail box + the online account details, and you can download the lastest Navionics, C-Map, and Satellite data straight from Maxsea. I don't know the exact year for the chart data, but it will always be the most current available from Maxsea.

I've "deregistered" the install and removed software from my computer, so it's unlocked and ready to install for you.

Hope that answers all of your questions. Cheers

Trevor
Old 27-07-2010, 23:35   #7

Here's the exact current software version numbers from my Maxsea account:
Old 27-07-2010, 23:57   #8
dor

Just a little unsure of how you came to that price as from MS it is only 629 (pounds)plus or am I missing somethng?? which I more than likley am.
Old 28-07-2010, 00:04   #9

That's correct. Then add Australia East Coast charts or US charts (this has both), and the AIS module (separate purchase). Maxsea TZ Navigator doesn't include the AIS module as standard.
Old 28-07-2010, 00:07   #10

I can't look up the exact numbers right now (they're buried in the online shop), but I know it was close to 1000£ for all of the above if you're buying via Maxsea direct.
So, that's about $1728AUD, and I'm asking $940AUD for the same thing
Old 28-07-2010, 09:05   #11

Pending sale on this one guys. Cheers

Tags
ais, Australia, charts, east coast