Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2012, 08:32   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Hi
I am in my early 50s with sailing experience but perhaps a little rusty.
Available for Solent Weekends, Weeks, S/SW coast UK and further affield.
Azores or similar.

Practical, confident, Non smoker. Sailed - South coast. East coast. IOW. Cross channel, Chichester - Le Havre. Chicheater - Cherbourg. Le Herve - Paris.

Pl call or mail for more information (044) 777 26 88 77 5 (Mobile / Celphone)

Ron
__________________

neon121 is offline  
Old 02-01-2012, 12:49   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

hi, if you're interested in some sailing round malta, always looking for reliable crew.
__________________

jodolittle is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 18:57   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 23
Images: 1
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Hi,
I will be in Sicily mid January 2012 and available to crew. Please let me know if you could use my help.

Thanks,

Joe
oneline is offline  
Old 06-01-2012, 14:58   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodolittle View Post
hi, if you're interested in some sailing round malta, always looking for reliable crew.

Good evening.

Not sure if you received my previous mail as it was sent directly from my Email address, aparently, its is not acceptable as we need to be logged on. Sorry.

Regardless, thank you for your interest. I would be very interested. Do you have a listing about yourselves or your boat? Is there any information I could supply for you about myself? After all, I could have three legs?

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Ron
neon121 is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 05:39   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon121 View Post
Good evening.

Not sure if you received my previous mail as it was sent directly from my Email address, aparently, its is not acceptable as we need to be logged on. Sorry.

Regardless, thank you for your interest. I would be very interested. Do you have a listing about yourselves or your boat? Is there any information I could supply for you about myself? After all, I could have three legs?

Take care and hope to speak soon.

Ron


Hi - sorry not to reply earlier. was busy with other matters. i have three emails - two from a ron/neon121, and one from a joe/oneline.... are these the same person?

anyway, just to be clear, i am not a business operator, just a leisure day cruiser really, and so there are no rewards accept the opportunity to be on a boat at sea on occasions that I can offer.

Sorry dont have a web page or anything. My boat is a 32 foot 70s build fibreglass boat which i have been slowly tending back to health. she's in pretty good shape these days, although her appearance - particularly the state of her interior - may leave some to think rather lowly of her skipper. yet she suits my tastes and needs.

i am not a very experienced sailor, however, which is why i rely on others to help me crew her. especially in the winters when winds are stronger and getting in and out of the pontoon can be the most challenging task of an entire trip.

neither am i into heroics out on the open sea. i enjoy what i do without needing to send my heart beat racing.

finally, i am not available mid jan to mid feb tho, which might not fit in with your schedule either.

if that sounds appealing to you still, let me know and we'll see if we can line some times up.

regards

john
jodolittle is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 08:10   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Hi John

Thank you for your reply.

Pleased you received my original mail.

The mail you have received from Jo and myself are from different locations.

Please reply to Jo seperately.

I am interested in the oportunity to sail with you but being somewhat of a fair weather sailor??? Would be looking for a visit later in the year.

Will hope to hear from you once the weather improves. Would be great to talk on the phone later. Meanwhile, Take care and happy sailing.

Ron
neon121 is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 08:40   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon121 View Post
Hi John

Thank you for your reply.

Pleased you received my original mail.

The mail you have received from Jo and myself are from different locations.

Please reply to Jo seperately.

I am interested in the oportunity to sail with you but being somewhat of a fair weather sailor??? Would be looking for a visit later in the year.

Will hope to hear from you once the weather improves. Would be great to talk on the phone later. Meanwhile, Take care and happy sailing.

Ron
hello Ron,

Ok, thanks for your reply. Sure, if you are interested in some sailing in the summer, would be more than happy to discuss options. Would be best to talk privately - do you skype or email - I prefer not to discuss details on a public forum - hope you will appreciate why.

regards

John
jodolittle is offline  
Old 07-01-2012, 12:01   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Male, early 50s available to crew 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodolittle View Post
hello Ron,

Ok, thanks for your reply. Sure, if you are interested in some sailing in the summer, would be more than happy to discuss options. Would be best to talk privately - do you skype or email - I prefer not to discuss details on a public forum - hope you will appreciate why.

regards

John

Hi John

I have a Skype account but have never used it so need to ask my son how to access it..... Strange...
I will get an update from him and relay the information to you.

Obviously, I appreciate your position.
Meanwhile, Happy sailing for 2012!

Ron
__________________

neon121 is offline  
 

Tags
crew

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Available: Pacific Crew (x2) NZ - Fiji - Oz - Hawaii - USA 2012 ! sampowell1080 Crew Archives 0 08-12-2011 16:33
Crew Available: Experienced Crew Man Looking for Two Week Trip Late Dec Early Jan Based in Australia dustydom Crew Archives 0 17-10-2011 15:17
The Loss of 'Kampeska' TigerLilly Seamanship & Boat Handling 0 14-09-2011 05:32
Panama Canal Passage, Early 2012 skipperr100 Sailor Logs & Cruising Plans 7 22-08-2011 05:52



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.