Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-11-2014, 16:49   #1

Boat: 1978 Rafiki 35
Longshot: Wilcox Crittenden "Winner" Toilet Seat

I know it's a long shot, but I'm looking for a toilet seat for a vintage Wilcox Crittenden "Winner" manual flush toilet.

"Have toilet..need seat"

Squat exercises are so overrated!
Old 02-11-2014, 06:35   #2

Re: Longshot: Wilcox Crittenden "Winner" Toilet Seat

I'll even pay original OEM price.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	!CBmod-gBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!lQEz+0SS5cDBNI(j9O0Dw~~_1.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	90776  
Old 02-11-2014, 16:23   #3

Hi Jersey,

Your post piqued my interest, and a bit of a search found the following from Peggy Hall ("Head Mistress") in response to another person's question back in 2012. It may provide a good lead at least:

"I'm 99% certain that model is the W-C "Winner" and it is from the 30s, maybe even the 20s. The last one I saw was on a Trumpy from that era.

Thetford Norcold bought Wilcox Crittenden several years ago...and then, because there isn't anywhere near as much profit in repair parts for high quality bronze thrones built to last 100 years as there is in repeat sales of cheap "disposable" toilets built to last only a year or two, they discontinued the whole W-C line including repair parts. Except for what few parts are still left in inventory, repair kits for more recent models--Skipper, Imperial and Headmate--are about all you can still get. BUT--there's one person at Thetford who'd know if you can still get anything for the Winner--Jock Allpress. Send him an email: JockO@thetford.com. He's pretty good at responding."

Nice looking head (didn't know there was such a thing) - best of luck in your search!
Old 02-11-2014, 16:41   #4

Thanks Sondor. I sent him an email. Hopefully he is still working for them and will reply tomorrow.

I found some possible alternative replacements (not OEM of course) in Britian, but trying to avoid the excess shipping costs and European pricing.

Tags
oil