Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15   #1

Long term rental Bahamas bareboat - available mid August 2013

Hi All,

We are chartering out our boat Serenity this autumn/winter as we don't have enough time to sail her, and we don’t want to leave her closed up for 8 months.
The boat, is a Gulfstar 44 Ketch Motor Sailor and is located in the beautiful Abaco, Bahamas. She'll be available from the middle of August 2013 until the end of April 2014
The boat is fully air conditioned, sleeps up to 8 , has a full galley, 2 heads, 2 showers, washing machine, 3 TV’s and lots of movies, 2 Kayaks and a RIB with a 20HP Yamaha. Fully insured, and ready to cruise the Abaco’s. Really all someone needs to do is show up with a bag of clothes, add some food and drink, and start sailing.

THE DEAL

I’m looking for about $1800 a month based on long term rental (minimum 3 months) for someone to charter the boat on a bareboat basis. At this price - which is less than a 1 week charter – The price is such a bargain, as we are wanting somebody to look after the boat whilst we are out of the country.
I expect the charterer to treat the boat with the same care they would treat their own boat (ie: don’t trash it; other than wear and tear - leave it in the condition you found it; and, don’t call me if you need to change a fuel filter at some point)

This would ideally suit a retired couple or anyone who is wanting to spend a few months in the sun and escape the cold winter weather.
If you’re interested, let me know and we can discuss this further.
Attached Images

Old 01-05-2013, 15:39   #2

Re: Long term rental Bahamas bareboat - available mid August 2013

Hi i am interested in your boat rental offer. I sail a Prout Quest catamaran in the UK but not in winter!. Now that I am retired a 3 month stay in the sunshine is very appealing and would get me and my wife some lovely holidays rather than the wasted time we have had to spend in winter here.
Obviously you will need to know something about us and we would like to know something about he boat and the local sailing opportunities. For example is the boat set up for sailing by two people? - that sort of thing
Kind regards Graham Sexton
Old 02-05-2013, 10:36   #3

Hi Graham,
Thanks for your interest in Serenity.
I have sent you an email with my email address.
I look forward to hearing from you
Kind Regards
Elizabeth
Old 02-05-2013, 18:45   #4

Hi-I'm a retired charter boat captain without a boat! Please get back to me with your email address-I would like to discuss the options regarding the charter of your boat for a period of time. My wife and I could see spending a bit of time in the Caribean-Cheers!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26   #5

Hi Chukazap
I have sent you an email with my email address. I look forward to hearing from you,
Kind Regards
Elizabeth
Old 03-05-2013, 10:10   #6
Marine Service Provider

Don,

That is a hell of a good deal... You could easily charge people 2500-3000 a month, and still have the boat booked for the entire season! Have you checked with your insurance policy to see if you are covered? I would also put a tracking device of some sort on the boat... 4 months is a hell of a head start!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 12:43   #7

Hi FLLCatsailor,
Yes I know it is a really good deal, thanks and yes, she is fully insured and certificated, and we do have somebody local to help if there are any problems.
Regards
Old 04-06-2013, 11:41   #8

I am interested in Mid-March to the end of April, 2014.
Very experienced and careful with boats.

David

Tags
Bahamas, bareboat