Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2012, 14:47   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 50 Ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to BojanglesIV
Long term Caribbean bareboat - available March 2013

Hey folks,

We are chartering out our boat Bojangles this winter as we don't have enough time to sail her. The boat, a fully outfitted Gulfstar 50 Ketch, is currently on a 3.5 month charter from Puerto Rico heading down island to Grenada. She'll be available in Grenada by March 15, 2013 and there will still be at least 3 good months of Caribbean cruising available before hurricane season. One way charters are certainly an option (eg: Grenada to BVI)

As background, we’ve had the boat since 2006 and have completely refitted it for bluewater sailing and liveaboard cruising. Here’s a summary of the 2008/09 refit. The boat has been well maintained since then and I have also added a new Raymarine Type 2 (BIG!) Autopilot in 2011. Below is a photo montage of the boat sailing down the Grenada coast

We lived aboard with our family in 2009/10 and sailed from Toronto to the BVI’s, then down island to Grenada, then back to the BVI’s, then Bermuda, then New England and Maine. Along the way, we also sailed the Caribbean 1500 from Chesapeake to the BVI’s and placed first in fleet (of 54 boats). Not bad for a 30 year old boat with 3 young children on board.

Since then, the boat has been back to Bermuda and then back to the Caribbean, where she is now. (Below is a a montage of our Caribbean travels for those who need to have their appetites whetted.)

THE DEAL

I’m looking for about $3,000 a month for someone to charter the boat on a bareboat basis. At this price point - which is less than a 1 week BVI charter – I expect the charterer to treat the boat with the same care they would treat their own boat (ie: don’t trash it; other than wear and tear - leave it in the condition you found it; and, don’t call me if you need to change a fuel filter at some point)

The boat is fully outfitted, insured, and ready to cruise the islands. Really all someone needs to do is show up with a bag of clothes, add some food and drink, and start sailing.

If you’re interested, let me know and we can discuss potential itineraries.

Cheers,
Colin
Old 01-01-2013, 17:48   #2

Re: Long term Caribbean bareboat - available March 2013

Would be interested for the months of July and August. Your boat sounds well equipped to live on board for the four of us, wife and two daughters.
PM me.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:33   #3

I will be interested next season. Send me an email to carlylelk(at) aol(dot)com.

Thanks,
Duane
Old 02-02-2013, 12:44   #4

Boat: Twin Otter de Havilland Floatplane

I sailed a Gulfstar 50 ft ketch that belonged to a sailing school. She is a great boat with a lot of space below deck. If you have never sailed a ketch (twin masted) before, I suggest spending a weekend sailing it with the owner to familiarize yourself. If I had the time, I would have taken/sailed her to French Polynesia and back! (In my book, French Polynesia is the ultimate in sailing waters.) Mauritz
Old 22-02-2013, 10:05   #5

Boat: Gulfstar 50 Ketch
Send a message via Skype™ to BojanglesIV

Hey folks,

If anyone is still interested in this, please PM me. The current update is that the boat will be heading back up to the BVI from Grenada and should be available in early April until hurricane season.

I've also arranged for local management in Tortola, so I can do rentals of less than a month now.

Cheers,
Colin

Tags
arc, bareboat, Caribbean, charter, Grenada, long term