Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2012, 11:12   #1

I recently rebuilt this engine from top to bottom, and installed it in my Bristol 35. After very few hours of running time, I have decided that it is a bit small for the boat, and am repowering with a larger Kubota. It produces about 16 h.p. @ 2600 rpm, and a few more at it's top speed of 3600 rpm. I love the Kubota engines, they are dependable and inexpensive to buy parts for, think local tractor supply rather than marine boutique. Here's a link to a utube video showing it in operation. . I'm asking $4500.00 for the engine and the Twin Disc 2:1 gear. Comes with a Vetus waterlift muffler as well.

bang shangalang

Kubota-based marine diesel w/gear
I recently rebuilt this engine from top to bottom, and installed it in my Bristol 35. After very few hours of running time, I have decided that it is a bit small for the boat, and am repowering with a larger Kubota. It produces about 16 h.p. @ 2600 rpm, and a few more at it's top speed of 3600 rpm. It has a 2:1 Twin Disc gear. I love the Kubota engines, they are dependable and inexpensive to buy parts for, think local tractor supply rather than marine boutique. Here's a link to a video showing it in operation.
[url=

Tags
diesel, marine