Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2010, 12:51   #1

Boat: Tartan 37
Inflatable Boat - West Marine by Zodiac

Model RU 260. Classic affordable roll-up dinghy combining a rigid plywood transom and a slatted floor system for stiffness, it stows in roughly the same small space as a traditional fabric-only inflatable. Many boaters prefer this dinghy to the so-called “doughnut” boats because it adds significant rigidity underfoot when boarding, unlike boats with fabric floors. Our compact three-passenger slatted-floor sport dinghy with 14" dia. tubes weighs just 51lb. Dual inflation chambers are covered with PVC-coated, 1100-decitex polyester fabric with strong, heat-welded seams. Includes oarlocks and two-piece oars, wooden bench seat, heavy-duty rub strakes, slatted wood floor, lifeline, a pair of towing rings and a bow carry handle, bellows pump, repair kit and manual.
  • Application: Tender
  • Fabric: 1100 decitex PVC†-coated polyester
  • Tube Diameter: 14"
  • Number of Chambers: 2
  • Bottom Shape: Flat
  • Floor: Wood rollup
  • Transom Construction: Marine plywood
  • Seam Construction: Thermo-bonded
Located: southern NJ - asking price $595 - 2 yrs old - lightly used
Old 26-10-2010, 13:10   #2

Boat: Steel trawler 63' Eileen Farrell
West Marine was selling new ones for $699 at the boat show.
Old 27-10-2010, 01:30   #3

Inflatable

So, tell me, Lorenzo ... does the fact that West Marine had a sale at the boat invalidate my ad? Why did you think I needed to know this information .. or do you want to buy the dinghy at some ridiculous price? Seems to me, in America, we kinda get to ask what we want for a item, no?
Old 27-10-2010, 01:34   #4

Boat: Jeanneau 419
You're over reacting a bit.

He's trying to say the market value has change since you bought it and if you want to sell it U may need to adjust your price down a bit.
Old 27-10-2010, 01:44   #5

I suggest you look at the current price of the unit .. what he quoted was a show special ... and really ... isn't it my decision as to what I wish to sell it for ... kind of annoyed at people sticking thier noses into a topic when they really have nothing to bring to the table ... know what I mean?
Old 27-10-2010, 01:54   #6

Boat: Jeanneau 419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Dashevsky View Post
I suggest you look at the current price of the unit .. what he quoted was a show special ... and really ... isn't it my decision as to what I wish to sell it for ... kind of annoyed at people sticking thier noses into a topic when they really have nothing to bring to the table ... know what I mean?
I suggest you post that current price or do U want a buyer to do it when U already know.

Pay attention something was brought to the table you just don't like the menu.

When you post in a forum be ready for opinions, ask what ever you want, at that price plan on little interest IMO
Old 27-10-2010, 01:58   #7

Price

Current internet price for the unit is: $849.00
Old 27-10-2010, 05:13   #8

Boat: Steel trawler 63' Eileen Farrell
For current market pricing you may wish to check Used inflatable boats, Used Outboards
It is also important to tell people if you have all the papers for the dinghy, as it is becoming virtually impossible to register a dinghy without them.
Delivery within a reasonable radius might also help.
Good luck.
Old 27-10-2010, 06:44   #9

Ok I have been selling on the internet for years. The following etiquette applies.

Al did post "asking price" implying that he would like to to get his asking price, however he is open to negotiation. Very rarely does any item sell for asking price.

He may or may not be asking too much.......I think he might be posting it a bit to high but who am i to say unless I am prepared to give Al a reasonable offer.

Anything that is being sold in todays economic market is negotiable.

Most people that are selling items want to get the highest dollar amount within reason possible. Most people buying want to purchase the item and get the best deal possible.
Most people forgot the other side of the fence once they get on their side of the fence.

And one market area may be a bit higher cost wise then another. Especially if you factor in international with shipping pricing.

Don't take anything personal on the internet, most people mean well but forget their manners online even though they have good intentions.
Old 18-12-2010, 11:22   #10

!2/18/10 - Inflatable is sold .. (I regret I cannot figure out how to delete the original listing)