Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2013, 08:38   #1

Boat: Olson 34
How to advertise on the forum ? Seeking moderator advice.

Hi, I have tried PM-ing a moderator about this and also have searched the forum but I have not been able to find information on how to advertise on the forum. Is there a method someone could suggest on how one can have a product appear in the advert's that show up when viewing the forum ?

Regards,
Brian
S/V Redsky
Old 17-07-2013, 08:53   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer 49
Re: How to advertise on the forum ? Seeking moderator advice.

I will pass over your query to SaucySailoress who looks after Sponsoring Vendors.

For more information while you are waiting for a response, you can read:
Cruisers & Sailing Forums - Sponsoring Vendor Benefits

Unveiling Bullseye strops for low friction rings
Old 17-07-2013, 09:11   #3
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: How to advertise on the forum ? Seeking moderator advice.

You will likely have to register as a commercial member... along with the ROCNA and Manson etc folk... more products..
If like me your just hiring out your body... that's another matter... 'Whores of the Sea' n all that stuff....

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 17-07-2013, 09:15   #4
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Don't make the same mistake I made. Have to be selling your own stuff. Can't advertise for a friend.

As long as you're selling your own stuff that you don't need and not as a business you're probably OK.
Old 17-07-2013, 09:29   #5

Boat: Olson 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipmac View Post
Don't make the same mistake I made. Have to be selling your own stuff. Can't advertise for a friend.

As long as you're selling your own stuff that you don't need and not as a business you're probably OK.
I am missing the meaning of your last sentence. Are you saying that as long as I sell my own products there are no issues ? Please PM me with your experience.

Regards,
Brian
Old 17-07-2013, 09:38   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cape Dory 27

If you want to sell an item (like an unloved boat) and it's a private sale you can list it in the regular classifieds.

If you have a commercial endeavor and want to list items or services You can post in the commercial posts area in classifieds (for free) and we are going to tag your your account as a biz account.

If you would like to purchase banner advertising in the blocks above the forum sections or in the side bar you will need to speak with Kate (saucysailoress) about this and she can get you set up.

Community Rules | Advertise on Cruisers Forum
Contribute to Cruisers Wiki | Document your Adventures at Sail Blogs
Old 17-07-2013, 10:08   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 422

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb00 View Post
I am missing the meaning of your last sentence. Are you saying that as long as I sell my own products there are no issues ? Please PM me with your experience.

Regards,
Brian
If you are selling a product or service as a business venture IE as a way to earn money then it would be a commercial ad. Example, you are a dealer for a line of boats, you are a mechanic and will repair engines, electrician and do wiring, buy and sell used electronics, etc.

If you have something that you own that you don't want or need and want to get money for it, like a spare anchor, your personal boat (if buying a new boat or giving up boating but not selling new or used boats for profit), old dinghy, last years GPS model when you upgrade to a new one, your ex-wife, whatever spare, old, used or leftover something you want to get rid of then this would be a non-commercial sale.
Old 17-07-2013, 10:08   #8
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianb00 View Post

Regards,
Brian

LOL!! What he's saying is that you can't just hop onboard and sell job lots of new gear off the back of a lorry DelBoy style!!!

As an official business, you can, but we will ask you to identify yourself as a Commercial Member, and restrict your sales pitches to the commercial forum. You can post your product and read the guidelines here: Commercial Posts - Cruisers & Sailing Forums the main rule here is no links.

If you'd like to post links on our site, that's fine, if you become a Sponsoring Vendor. There are different levels, ranging from cheap and cheerful with the ability to post links and a signature banner for your site, toall singing, dancing, top of the range advertising packages Forum and Guidelines here: Vendor Spotlight - Great Deals for CF Members! - Cruisers & Sailing Forums (but you can't post your product here until you pay - this is the forum which is highlighted in the Vendor Spotlight RSS Feed over on the right)!

If you just want to sell you old gear cos you don't like sailing any more, then pop an ad in the Classifieds here: Classified Ads - Cruisers & Sailing Forums It is best if you do attach a photo (use the paperclip at the top of the text box to add a file) of your sale items, and suggest what price you'd like.

PM me with an idea about what you need, and I'll do my best to help