Send a message via Skype™ to supersammy
Fully Equipped Gulfstar-41 For Sale - Air Conditioning, Loaded

Live Free or Work in 'Paradise'...

Center Cockpit...
Full details at: SanctuaryCR.com
YouTube: 'Sanctuary Sailboat Costa Rica'
Old 02-03-2013, 11:33   #2

Fyi, you have the website address wrong. sanctuarycr.info

Didn't look that hard on the site, but asking price seems missing as well..
Old 02-03-2013, 12:51   #3
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Re: Fully Equipped Gulfstar-41 For Sale - Air Conditioning, Loaded

"Priced at only $129,000"
Old 02-03-2013, 13:21   #4

Thank you for correcting me.
Long day...
:-)
Old 02-03-2013, 13:58   #5
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

You never know, they might have updated the page since you read it. And, no one should have to scroll down "below the fold" to find the basic important information. I know too many web sites where there's just no indication that you'd have to scroll down, and stuff just goes unseen.
Old 02-03-2013, 15:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstads View Post
Fyi, you have the website address wrong. sanctuarycr.info

Didn't look that hard on the site, but asking price seems missing as well..
Corrected, Thank you...
Old 03-03-2013, 18:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersammy View Post
Live Free or Work in 'Paradise'...

Center Cockpit...
Full details at: SanctuaryCR.com
YouTube: 'Sanctuary Sailboat Costa Rica'
  • A Personal Note...
I left Newport Beach, California in April of 1997 on a 43' Peterson Sailboat for a 2-year Sebatical and arrived at Coco Beach 2 years later. I had 'Lived' in Coco for the next 2 years before dedicating my life to Purifying Water (www.AquaSmarter.com). The beginning of last year, my wife Carmen and I decided to purchase another sailboat and after carefully evaluated over 50-Cruising sailboats between Panama to Guatemala, we easily decided on 'Sanctuary', not only because She was already 'Imported' into Costa Rica saving us 60% ($$$) for Import Taxes as well as that all of her Annual Taxes <apx. $300/year> were and are paid and up to date. It was obvious to both of us that 'Sanctuary' was the Right Sailboat as well as She is considered to be one of the Best Built, Strongest and Most Comfortably Reliable Cruising Sailboats built. The Added Bonus was Her Huge 7' x 7' Aft-Cabin Master Suite Bed which is big enough both of us to Stretch out and Large enough to invite a Big Family with room to spare.
  • This was one of several reasons why we had decided to purchase her last year February and after investing 8-tedious and demanding months including well over $80,000 in upgrades, electronics, etc. a year later, we both have decided to opt for a larger sailboat in order for us to Share this Amazing Experience with a few 'special' friends for weekend cruises and so, we just recently decided to purchase a 48' Sloop which unlike the Ease of Single-handling 'Sanctuary', requires 2-3 Helpers Topside but for me, Life should be Simple however, our Partners 'for' Life sometimes prefers the option to Entertain a few close Friends. Cest la Vie.
I can say this, for 'Sanctuary', her Size, Ease of 'Single' Handling, Extensive Navigation Equipment, Comfort and Safety (1,200' Forward Looking Sonar, Central Air Conditioning, Radar, Garmin 'Touch Screen' 5208 GPS/Chart Plotter, etc. - http://sanctuarycr.info/SanctuaryExpenses-2012.pdf ), is one of the Best Built, Best Equipped, Most Comfortable Sailboats in her Class.
As far as her as a Charter Sailboat, we can recommend a very qualified Captain, 'Popeen' who I have known since first arriving in Coco Beach back in July of 1999 and of whom I Trust Implicitly. A Moring-Ball is always available and is quite easy to relocate. Popeen's prefers a Crew of two who can easily Operate 'Sanctuary' for a minimal fee (apx. $25/hour or $50 when there are Guests for a Three-Hour-Tour) and will also Cater to each of your Individual Passengers needs. His Wife prepares the food (simple sandwiches), snacks and Non-Alcoholic Refreshments for the Day at their home which is Included in the Price of the Ticket. Popeen grew-up in Coco (45-years) and has enough Contacts (Retail Stores, Hotels and Friends) to sell Tickets (which are labeled with the person responsible for making the Reservation) to the Cruising Guests for between 15-20% (higher Commission paid provides 'Priority' Booking). The 'Paid' Passenger then brings their Ticket to the Shore where they are then Transported out to 'Sanctuary' where the Captain retains a portion of their Ticket (stub) and is later presented to each of the various Booking Outlets (Stores and Hotels) who then reimburses the Customer's payment less their Commission to the Boat Owner.
Projected Income for just 6-passengers twice-daily, can produce (after commissions), a gross profit of $500 ($50 each) per Excursion (2- Excursions daily), less $50 (per Excursion) for the Captain including Crew and overall cost of maintenance for the 3-hour Tour. Weekends are the busiest and you could effectively generate a very comfortable monthly income and the best part of 'Sanctuary' is Her Size which could Comfortably accommodate between 12-14 Adults.
'Sanctuary' is now residing at the Puntarenas Yacht Club (www.PuntarenasYachtClub.com) where She can also be Chartered from and of where our Private Captain can also help set-up your 'Charter Business' from there if you prefer this location over Coco Beach. We both prefer Puntarenas Yacht Club over Coco Beach because of the Amenities that the CR Yacht Club provides and for only $400/month including a Floating Dock with Fresh Water, CRYC it's a Nice Place in deed.
If you are seriously considering a truly Remarkable and Beautiful Lifestyle 'Sailing' and one that will provide you with a Comfortable Income and Many Years of Pleasure (Unforgettable Memories), then 'Sanctuary' is exactly what you've been looking for. I can say that if it wasn't for our Obligation to provide Potable Water to over 55-Countries worldwide, Carmen and I would be spending more of our Free Time 'Cruising' through Life and as my father use to say, "If I only knew then what I know now.", we would hope to Retire - 'yesterday'...

All the Best 'for' Life, Stephen & Carmen
www.CostaRicaLifestyle.info

Thank you for Visiting...
Old 09-03-2013, 11:56   #8

Gulfstar-41 Center Cockpit Cruising/Liveaboard Sailboat, LOADED...

Gulfstar-41 Center Cockpit Cruising Sailboat*
Gulfstar 41 Sail Boat For sale - Buy From Owner

Central Air-Conditioning*throughout*and*Loaded with*Everything*you*Need for*a Safe and Comfortable Journey...- Costa Rica Flagged -*

"Sanctuary"

$85,000.00 just in Upgrades

Fulfill your life with UNFORGETTABLE MEMORIES

FULLY EQUIPPED, Comfortable, COMPLETELY REFITTED Nov, 2012 and Immaculate

BOAT DESCRIPTION

Completely Upgraded (Fully-Equipped) Gulfstar 41 'Center-Cockpit' in Top-Condition.*Owner Version 6'8" Head Room with 2 private cabins, Two Full Bathrooms with Private Showers.*Costa Rica Registered and Flagged. Title transferrable via a Costa Rican Corporation. Non-smoker.Boat is in overall excellent condition*and well prepared for extended blue-water or costal trips and is absolutely independent of electricity. All energy is provided independently and by Solar and/or an onboard "4.5kw Northern Lights" generator.Interior/cabin: Central Air-Conditioning provided throughout*with a Comfortable and roomy 'Walkthrough' Aft Cabin Stateroom with private head and shower, Forward V-birth with Private Head and Shower. Sharp 26" 720p HD LCD Television. Sleeps 6. Lots of storage, Robertshaw Universal Gas Stove/Oven, fridge/freezer, spacious Cockpit, newly painted bottom and deck, new bimini.Custom Built Interior:*Handcrafted with nearly Extinct, Rare and Exotic 'Cristobal' Wood. See photos and her website below...General remarks: All New Navigation Electronics including the INTERPHASE (1,200') Forward Looking Sonar, Garmin 5208 8.4" 'Touch Screen' Chartplotter/GPS, Garmin 18" HD Radar.*Sanctuary is an Excellent Sailor, Very Comfortable, Roomy, Extremely Strong and Well Built, Well Kept boat. Perfect for Chartering, Single Handling or as a Spacious Family Boat. Sails: 1992 and in very good condition.Sailing capabilities:*High seas and without limitation. 1998 Hurricane 'Mitch' Proven.Builder:*GulfstarDesigner:*V. Lazzara*Hull Material:*Fiberglass*Fuel:*DieselEngine Hours:*150 since rebuildFuel Tank:*70-gallons (Main: 45gal + Aux: 25gal)Water Tank:*100-gallons(including a 12v Katadyn Watermaker)Beam:*12 feetDry Weight:*22,000-poundsLength Overall:*41-feet*Length at Waterline:*33-feet*Keel to Waterline:*5'5"Transponder:*(Garmin-GPS) to Bottom of Keel: 4'4"*Max Bridge Clearance:*56-feet*Cruising Speed:*6.9-kts Maximum Speed:*8.63-kts

DETAILED SPECIFICATIONS

DescriptionGulfstar built many designs but this one's tough to beat as an outstanding cruising design. Her cutaway full keel and skeg-hung rudder offers uncompromising performance between comfort and stability. She's ready to store your provisions aboard, cast off her lines and make way for an Experience of a Lifetime.DimensionsLOA:*41/00 ft/inLWL:*33/00 ft/inBeam:*12/00 ft/inMaximum Draft:*4/10 ft/inDisplacement:*22000 lbsBridge Clearance:*56/00 ft/inGalleyREFRIGERATION/FREEZER:*Adler Barbour 2.8A@12vDCSTOVE: Robertshaw Universal SS three-burner stove with oven (LPG)GAS ALARMSINK:*Single SSWATER SYSTEM:*PressureSEAWATER WASHDOWNWATERMAKER:*Katadyn Powersurvivor-35Sailes & RiggingSAILS:*2-Main (extra as backup); 1-Genoa (Roller Furling); Spinnaker*ROLLER FURLING:*Hood 808-SL (New May, 2012)TOTAL SAIL AREA:*691 sq. ft.MAST:*Aluminum, keel-steppedSTANDING RIGGING:*SS wire (New May, 2012)*SPINNAKER POLE:*(1)WINCHES:*(2) Barlow-16 at the mast with Barlow-2 wire main halyard winch. Lewmar 48 2-speed and a single Barlow-16 winch.Deck & Ground TackleANCHORS:*45lb. Bruce; 45# CQR, 40lb Grapnel stern anchorTOE RAILS:*FGLADDER:*Folding SS and Plastic swimBOW PULPIT:*SSANCHOR WINDLESS:*'MAXWELL' (12vDC)ANCHOR TACKLE:*Two Forward Compartments .Bay-1: 250' Grade-40 High Test Genuine ACCO Brand Windless Anchor ChainBay-2: 90' Grade-40 HT ACCO Chain with 300' of 1" RodeDINGHY & MOTOR:*2009 9.5 Caribe-C9 10' Hard Bottom Inflatable with Evenrude 15-h.p. Outboard. Both serviced April, 2012ANCHOR DAVIT/ROLLER:*Double SSLIGHTS:*Deck-mount nav, masthead tricolor, spreaderCOVERS & CURTAINS:*Custom aluminum bimini with full enclosure, cockpit and aft deck awningsLIFELINES & STANCHIONS:*Double SS wire on SS stanchionsDECK MATERIAL:*FRP with integral nonskidBOARDING GATES:*P&SSafety EquipmentLifeSling Overboard Rescue System*7-Adult & 2-Children Life jacketsNon-operational EquipmentOwners report the following: NoneExclusionsOwners' personal effectsAccommodationsA very spacious, cruise-friendly interior lay-out! Provides*Central Air-Conditioning*throughout. The Aft Master Stateroom has a full-width*KING SIZE BED*with Separate*Private head/shower. The Forward Stateroom has a roomy v-berth and storage in lockers, drawers and bins. The guest head is to port. The salon features a H-shaped dinette and a spacious L-shaped galley to port and an adjacent settee to starboard. The nav stations is center and to starboard.EnginesENGINE:*50 Hp Perkins-4107 diesel, completely overhauled 1998HOURS:*150 hours since rebuild. New April, 2012 Heat ExchangerSPEED:*Cruising Speed: 6 mph / Maximum Speed: 8mphElectronicsCHARTPLOTTER:*New Garmin 5208/GSD22FISH FINDER:*Sounder/Fish-FinderBlueChart g2 2012*Garmin Vision VSA002R South America West CoastBlueChart g2 2012*Garmin Vision VUS031R Southwest CaribbeanRADAR DOME:*Garmin GMR 18 HD 18" Radar DomeDEPTH/TEMP:*Garmin B60-12, 12 Degree Tilted Element TransducerVHF:*Icom IC-M80 & Garmin VHF 200 Marine RadioHANDHELD*Uniden MHS75 New Submersible Two-Way VHF RadioSONAR:*1,200' INTERPHASE COLOR TWINSCOPE FWD LOOKING SONARSTEREO:*Dual MXD50 AM/FM/CD Marine Receiver AM/FM/CDWIND SPEED & DIRECTION:*Horizon StandardAUTO PILOT:*Alpha Marine Spectra "Top of the Line AP"KNOT METER/LOG:*Horizon StandardCOMPASS:*Danforth Constellation (at helm)ElectricalELECTRICAL SYSTEM:*12vDC/120vACAIR CONDITIONER:*Mermaid 16,000btu Air Conditioner*GENERATOR:*2008 Northern Lights Generator (710 hrs)BATTERIES:*3-marine deep cycle House Batteries - 2-Starter Batteries - Both New May, 2012)AMP HOURS:*100Ah eachBATTERY PARALLEL SWITCH:*(2) YesBATTERY MONITOR:*Sterling ProReg D Marine 12/24 Volt Advanced RegulatorDOCKSIDE CABLE:*50' 30-ampINVERTER:*Power Bright 1,500w (New May, 2012)*INTERIOR LIGHTING:*12vDCALTERNATOR:*Powerline series 25 - 120amp (+ Control)BATTERY CHARGER:*Progressive Dynamics 40 AMP Marine Charger PD2140OTHER:*1-250W Mono-Crystalline Solar PanelELECTRICIAN:*Alejandro CalvoMechanical EquipmentPROPELLER:*Three-blade bronzeBILGE PUMPS:*New April, 2012 (1) New Rule 3000 automatic*RAW WATER SEA STRAINERS:*New April, 2012 BronzeFIRE EXTINGUISHING:*Manual dry chemical*FUEL FILTERS:*(1) RacorSTEERING:*Wheel, cable to quadrantFUEL SHUT OFFS:*Diesel, LPGFRESH WATER COOLING:*YesENGINE ROOM HEAT EXTRACTORTRANSMISSION:*Hydraulic Borgwarner*MASTER TOILET:*Thetford Tecma 'Silence Plus' Electric Toilet - (May, 2012)GUEST TOILET:*Jabsco 'Manual' Toilet - Guest Bathroom (May, 2012)HOLDING TANK:*NoneWIND VANE SELFSTEERING:*NoneFIRE SAFE:*(New)Sanctuary ExpensesDETAILED REPORT AVAILABLEAlso look for 'Sancturary's Video's at YouTube: "Sanctuary Costa Rica Sailboat"

Detailed Information at:* SanctuaryCR.info

On a Personal Note...I left*Newport Beach,*California*in April of 1997 on a 43'*Peterson*Sailboat for a 2-year Sebatical and arrived at Coco Beach 2 years later. I had 'Lived' in Coco for the next 2 years before dedicating my life to Purifying*Water*(Commercial Water Purification, Chlorine Free Pool, UV Water Purifier). The beginning of last year, my wife Carmen and I decided to purchase*another sailboat and after carefully evaluated over 50-Cruising sailboats between*Panama*to*Guatemala, we easily decided on 'Sanctuary', not only because She was already 'Imported' into*Costa Rica*saving us 60% ($$$) forImport*Taxes*as well as that all of her AnnualTaxes*<apx. $300/year> were and are paid and up to date. It was obvious to both of us that 'Sanctuary' was the Right Sailboat as well as She is considered to be one of the Best Built, Strongest and Most Comfortably Reliable Cruising Sailboats built. The Added Bonus was Her Huge 7' x 7' Aft-Cabin Master Suite Bed which is big enough both of us to Stretch out and Large enough to invite a Big*Family*with room to spare.This was one of several reasons why we had decided to*purchase*her last year February and after investing 8-tedious and demanding months including well over $80,000 in upgrades,*electronics, etc. a year later, we both have decided to opt for a larger sailboat in order for us to Share this Amazing Experience with a few 'special' friends for weekend cruises and so, we just recently decided to purchase a 48'*Sloop*which unlike the Ease of Single-handling 'Sanctuary', requires 2-3 Helpers Topside but for me, Life should be Simple however, our Partners 'for' Life sometimes prefers the option to Entertain a few close Friends. Cest la Vie.I can say this, for 'Sanctuary', her Size, Ease of 'Single' Handling, Extensive*Navigation*Equipment, Comfort and*Safety*(1,200' Forward Looking Sonar, Central*Air Conditioning,*Radar,*Garmin*'Touch Screen' 5208 GPS/Chart Plotter, etc. -*http://sanctuarycr.info/SanctuaryExpenses-2012.pdf*), is one of the Best Built, Best Equipped, Most Comfortable Sailboats in her Class.As far as her as a*Charter*Sailboat, we can recommend a very qualified*Captain, 'Popeen' who I have known since first arriving in Coco Beach back in July of 1999 and of whom I Trust Implicitly. A Moring-Ball is always available and is quite easy to relocate. Popeen's prefers a Crew of two who can easily Operate 'Sanctuary' for a minimal fee (apx. $25/hour or $50 when there are Guests for a Three-Hour-Tour) and will also Cater to each of your Individual Passengers needs. His Wife prepares the*food*(simple sandwiches), snacks and Non-Alcoholic Refreshments for the Day at their home which is Included in the Price of the Ticket. Popeen grew-up in Coco (45-years) and has enough Contacts (Retail Stores, Hotels and Friends) to sell Tickets (which are labeled with the person responsible for making the Reservation) to the Cruising Guests for between 15-20% (higher Commission paid provides 'Priority' Booking). The 'Paid' Passenger then brings their Ticket to the Shore where they are then Transported out to 'Sanctuary' where the*Captain*retains a portion of their Ticket (stub) and is later presented to each of the various Booking Outlets (Stores and Hotels) who then reimburses the Customer's payment less their Commission to the Boat Owner.Projected*Income*for just 6-passengers twice-daily, can produce (after commissions), a gross profit of $500 ($50 each) per Excursion (2- Excursions daily), less $50 (per Excursion) for the Captain including Crew and overall cost ofmaintenance*for the 3-hour Tour. Weekends are the busiest and you could effectively generate a very comfortable monthly*income*and the best part of 'Sanctuary' is Her Size which could Comfortably accommodate between 12-14 Adults.'Sanctuary' is now residing at the Puntarenas Yacht Club (www.PuntarenasYachtClub.com) where She can also be Chartered from and of where our Private Captain can also help set-up your 'Charter Business' from there if you prefer this location over Coco Beach. We both prefer Puntarenas Yacht Club over Coco Beach because of the Amenities that the CR Yacht Club provides and for only $400/month including a Floating*Dockwith Fresh*Water, CRYC it's a Nice Place in deed.If you are seriously considering a truly Remarkable and Beautiful Lifestyle 'Sailing' and one that will provide you with a Comfortable Income and Many Years of Pleasure (Unforgettable Memories), then 'Sanctuary' is exactly what you've been looking for. I can say that if it wasn't for our Obligation to provide Potable Water to over 55-Countries worldwide, Carmen and I would be spending more of our Free Time 'Cruising' through Life and as my father use to say, "If I only knew then what I know now.", we would hope to Retire - 'yesterday'...

All the Best 'for' Life,
Stephen & Carmen
Costa Rica Lifestyle Prime 'Unique' Real Estate Properties For Sale
Thank you for Visiting...******
Old 13-03-2013, 14:03   #9

Re: Gulfstar-41 Center Cockpit Cruising/Liveaboard Sailboat, LOADED...

These are wonderful sailing boats, will take any weather and seems like the owners did some nice work, sadly however, it's doubtful they will see more then $50,000
Old 13-03-2013, 15:11   #10

Hello Gramm, For a Completely Stripped, Bare Gulfstar, yes however, with the amount of added equipment as outlined at Gulfstar 41 Sail Boat For sale - Buy From Owner, anyone considering a Safe, Solid and Comfortable Cruising Sailboat would be hard pressed to find another with this much equipment. Having said, we would be Glad to provide someone who is looking for a Basic Project boat with 8-months to spare rebuilding one comparatively to Sanctuary, we can always move all of the Extras over to our next Project Boat. By the way, did you mention that Sanctuary as with any boat Imported into Costa Rica needs to Pay 60% Import Taxes according to either the Book Value or to the Desecration of the Costa Rican Customs Office. Compared to your Assessment and for anyone considering Costa Rica as their second home, Sanctuary offers the Best of Both Worlds, a Peaceful, Safe, Beautiful Country where the Feeling of being Welcomed and Appreciated is 2nd Nature.

Thank you for your opinion from which I'm most happy to clarify.
Stephen Verdon, PhD
Old 14-03-2013, 10:58   #11

Hello Gramm, I do completely agree with you as for a Completely Stripped, Bare*Gulfstar, yes however, with the amount of added*equipment*as outlined at*Gulfstar 41 Sail Boat For sale - Buy From Owner, anyone considering a Safe, Solid and Comfortable Cruising Sailboat would be hard pressed to find another with this much*equipment. Having said, we would be Glad to provide someone who is looking for a Basic Project boat with 8-months to spare rebuilding one comparatively to Sanctuary, we can always move all of the Extras over to our next Project Boat. By the way, did you mention that Sanctuary as with any boat Imported into Costa Rica needs to Pay 60%*Import*Taxes*according to either the Book Value or to the Desecration of the Costa Rican*Customs*Office. Compared to your Assessment and for anyone considering Costa Rica as their second home, Sanctuary offers the Best of Both Worlds, a Peaceful, Safe, Beautiful Country where the Feeling of being Welcomed and Appreciated is 2nd Nature.*Thank you for your opinion from which I'm most happy to clarify.Stephen Verdon, PhD, 'DoctorIFeelGreat'
Old 15-03-2013, 04:40   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cal 28 "Happy Days"
Send a message via Yahoo to capngeo Send a message via Skype™ to capngeo

CF is not a grammatical forum. Often posters are not native English speakers. Please refrain from off topic comments about grammatical issues and concentrate on the details of the boat.
Old 15-03-2013, 05:15   #13

Boat: Mac 26X
Great boat, great price...only the best here baby!
Old 15-03-2013, 05:51   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by capngeo View Post
CF is not a grammatical forum. Often posters are not native English speakers. Please refrain from off topic comments about grammatical issues and concentrate on the details of the boat.
Top of the Morning Friend,
There are however, Three Sides from Every Conversation. 'Projection', what the person is Relating to their Audience. 'Interpretation', what their Audience believes they are hearing, and 'Perspective', what the Uninvolved believes they heard. Lack of Clarification is what seeds Misunderstanding and Discourse. Thank you for Clarifying... :-) 'LawsOfParadox'
Old 15-03-2013, 05:53   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGatoGordo View Post
Great boat, great price...only the best here baby!
Would any Serious Sailor, have their Winch any other Way..?
What do you Prefer..?

Tags
air conditioning, center cockpit, sale