Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 04:16   #1

Formosa 51 Ketch

We are selling our very beautiful and very seaworthy ship SY Alaya.
Unfortunately let the health fail to realize our dream.
The ship is ready to leave for great voyages.

refitted between 2008 and 2013, teak deck, new equipment, batteries, inverter / charger, stoves, kitchen, bathroom, etc.

Form: S-shaped.
Teak Deck design, renovated in 2012/2013 and approximately 30% of the teak is renewed
Superstructure: Teak, renovated in 2012/2013
Kiel / sword: continuous keel box
Rudder rudder hangs on rear keel
Steering hydraulic steering (steering cylinder was renewed in 2011), teak steering wheel (painted in 2013)
Windows double glazed windows Securit in dekhouse, Goiot various hatches and various round portholes in the hull
Load displacement (kg) Empty: 26,000 kg and 30,000 loaded
Ballast (kg) 8,000
Vertical clearance approximately 21 meters
Yard Formosa Boat Building Corp.. Taipei Tawain
Garden designer Willian, USA
Other: fiberglass reinforced polyester hull, painted in 2013 with two components V / D IJssel DD lacquer. Hull length overall (ie including bowsprit) is 17.50 m, hull length is 15.46 meters. The bowsprit is equipped Iroco. Teak rubbing strake with stainless steel strip. New helm (waterproof plywood with lower Epoxy 7) of August 2013, which is the chartplotter and equipment installed. The ship has been for the last time in 2011 on the shore and with antifouling and anodes.
Material / color: Teak, Mahogany carrot / walnut cabinet doors
Upholstery, curtains blue upholstery
Cabins: aft cabin, saloon, 2x queen in front cabin (front cabin is one open space)
Sleeps 6-9 Sleeps
Headroom approx 1.95 to 2.00 meters
Toilet: 2x manual RM69 toilet
Shower/ bath: 2x 2x bathroom with shower
Sound/TV: 2011: Clarion radio (satellite receiver) / cd-speler/IPOD/IPhone connection with Bose surround sound speakers in saloon
TV 2010: Samsung SyncMaster HDTV
Cooker / Stoves 2011: Force 10 4 burner stainless steel stove
Oven 2011: Force 10 stainless steel oven
2011 Refrigerator: Front Loader Vitrifrigo refrigerator with compressor (24 Volt and 230 Volt)
Freezer: in fridge freezer
Heating 2011: Stainless steel Dickinson Antarctic diesel heater (about 4 liters of diesel per day) in dekhouse and Webasto Airtop 2000 in the fore
Other: The shower in aft cabin was renovated in 2008.
The walls and ceilings in the galley, salon, dekhouse, aft cabin (ceiling and bathroom) in 2011/2012 insulated and equipped with new ceiling tiles with new LED lighting.
The galley is fully renovated in 2011 and features a blue Corian
counter.

The woodwork in the dekhouse, the salon and the galley is painted in the autumn of 2012.
24 Volt hood above the stove.
washer machine (230 V) and small dryer (230 volts).
Power 120 hp / 88 kW
Ford Lehman 2715E 6 cylinder 4 stroke (engine number S125832)
Year 1979
Hours 1,300 hours
Diesel fuel
Fuel approx 1,000 liter stainless steel tank
Cooling intercooling
BorgWarner Drivetrain hydraulic-Valvet Drive keerkopelling with Centaflex link type AM (2011), a stainless steel shaft (2011) and a fixed 3 blade propeller (2011)
Cruising speed (knots) about 6 knots at 1000-1100 rpm
Max speed (knots) about 9 knots
Consumption (l / h) approx 4,5 - 5 liters / hour at cruising speed
2011 Bow thruster: Vetus 24 Volt 160kgf / 7 kW bow thruster (around 250)
Voltage 12/24/230 Volts
4x 200 Ah battery Mastervolt gel service batteries (2013), 1x 180 Ah (2007) motorcycle battery, 1x 180 Ah (2007) motorcycle spare battery
2012 Battery charger: Mastervolt Combi: 24Volt/2500Watt/60A and a Mastervolt battery charger 12V/20A Magic
Dynamo 2x (1x 24V/110A Mastervolt Alpha alternator 2012)
2012 Inverter: Mastervolt Combi: 24Volt/2500Watt/60A
Water pressure system June 2013: 24 Volt Flojet 2.5 Bar water pump with a pressure vessel
Hot water about 40 liter boiler (via 230 Volt)
Water tank approx 1000 liter stainless steel tank
Holding tank 1x approx 120 liter stainless steel gray water (showers + sinks)
Shore permanent connection with an RCD and a shore power cable
Volt meter 3x, 5x Ampere meter, 1x Hz meters
New engine mounts from 2011 (when the engine is in its entirety been out, this is a stainless steel bracket made ​​with tap, which is included). In 2012/2013 has replaced the fuel lines, the exhaust hose, plastic water seal, aerator and all hoses around the engine. In 2012, a tunnel thruster placed. 12 Volt Mastervolt Battery Shunt Monitor (2012), 24 Volt Mastervolt Battery Shunt Monitor (2012), Mastervolt MasterView Easy MKII (2012). 2007: New plastic valves in the toilets. 2011: All through-hull fittings and bronze valves replaced in 2011. The engine gets in the autumn of 2013 a motor turn.
Ketch rigged
Spars aluminum white sprayed France Spar masts (hoordmast is rigged), booms, stainless steel rigging and double spreaders in the main mast.
Winches 52st 2x, 2x 45ST (all winches are recently serviced)
White Dacron sails
Mainsail furling (checked in 2012)
Mainsail reefing system 24Volt Stow-a-way system
rolbezaan (checked in 2012)
Mizzen furling mast reefing system
Genoa reefing system Profurl C5120 drum installed in June 2013 and features a new reefing line
2012 Jib: North Sails HA tacking jib with shakels
Role Jib Jib (2012: recut and checked)
In 2012, all nuts and bolts for Vande chain plates replaced by 316L stainless steel and all sheets, halyards and lines renewed. Aluminum Spinnaker pole. Stainless steel rails for tacking jib mounted in 2012.

Anchor 1x CQR anchor with chain and 1 spare anchor with chain
Windlass electric windlass, 24 Volt
Fenders, lines
no canopy, but there is a design for a doghouse present
Swimming ladder loose bathing ladder (amidships on the port side mounting)
Sea rails, pullpit, stainless steel scepters (2012), stainless steel pulpit, painted (in 2013) teak pulpit, double stainless steel zeerailingdraad (2012) with side passages
2009 Dinghy: Zodiac 3,80 m with wooden floor
Outboard 2009: 5 hp Evinrude 4 stroke with loose tank
stainless steel davits (not mounted)
Gangway of 4 meters
Radar Reflector Trilens (new in box)
Life jackets, harnesses Life Line tires on deck with 5x harness
Life raft: 12 WFA Oceanic person liferaft in container (must be approved in July 2014), mounted in a stainless steel bracket
Bilge Pump: 2x manual, 2x electric with float, emergency bilge pump from engine
Fire: May 2013: 2x foam extinguisher 2kg, 1x sprinkler in engine room
Gas well in 2011: Gas well and hoses renewed
The ship is like Z-ship registered in the land register, cancellation is cost seller, transfer fee is buyer.

Our price: Euro 179.500
Old 12-08-2013, 04:45   #2
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: Formosa 51 Ketch

sounds lovely and at a decent price--good luck to ye...sad to hear you wont be sailing her...
Old 12-08-2013, 04:50   #3

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Endeavour 35, 1984,
Pictures?
Old 12-08-2013, 05:18   #4

Pictures can be found in Photos, member galleries, Alaya
Old 12-08-2013, 12:54   #5

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaya View Post
Pictures can be found in Photos, member galleries, Alaya
,?
Can't you post them?
Old 12-08-2013, 13:02   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecadi View Post

,?
Can't you post them?
I tried to put some pictures in site, but the sizes of them were too big.
Perhaps we can sent you some by email.
Please let us know.
Old 13-08-2013, 07:34   #7

Boat: Down East 45 Brigantine schooner

I Alaya.
I feel for your situation. I’m getting on in years, and I sometimes wonder if the extensive renovations I’m doing to my boat are just for the benefit of someone else .
I am a great believer of selling a boat yourself. I sold my last one privately, for more than I paid for it. I sold my Rolls Royce privately, (so I could buy my boat), to a man in Honduras who never even saw it.
It can be done.
However: Having been in international marketing all my life I have a few suggestions:
1. It is a fair bet your biggest potential market is in America, or at least where they speak English as a second language. So convert dimensions and weights to English, Imperial, (in brackets next to the metric).
2. Also mark the price is US Dollars, with a bit spare for fluctuations. Euros are okay in Europe, but not the rest of the world.
3. What you are looking for are buyers, not to impress people with your detailed knowledge of the boat. I understand it is tempting to list all the great information you have, but I think you post too much detail. You continuously need to put yourself in the position of a buyer. He may read your list, then decide there are some things he doesn’t like, and never bother to contact you for further information. So you loose the change to “sell” it to him. You can never know what a buyer is looking for, (half of them don't know themselves), so you need to "hook them", then convince them your boat is worth visiting.
4. You should put good quality pictures on a website—any site will do, even a friends. Then put the link to the page on all the forums you can for free, and don’t forget to put an e-mail address on the page. If you can’t do this, then reduce the size of your pictures to suit forum sizes and post them somehow. A picture is worth a thousand words, so reduce the words and show the pictures.
5. You need exposure, exposure, exposure! to contact as many prospects as possible. If you click on my website below, you will see “items for sale”. So even as I send you this friendly advice I am “exposing” my own stuff.
Finally: I am not a yacht broker, nor ever could be.
Good luck.
Old 13-08-2013, 11:59   #8

Location: Dreaming - through the bars to the Chesapeake... Land cabin: near Raleigh, North Carolina

Actually, I like all the detail. I'm more likely to be "turned off" by the lack of major particulars in an ad. But - you sure could do with some extra lines (paragraph formatting) between the descriptive pieces and parts of the listing of your great boat. It's really hard to sort through it without slowing down and squinting a little

Looks like an excellent boat, but I'm in the market for a steelie. Great buy for someone looking to reenact the captain ron saga though!
Old 13-08-2013, 17:19   #9

i wish i have the money for her, but i cant be any happier on my 41.
good luck
Old 13-08-2013, 18:27   #10
Resin Head

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Nauticat

Quote:
,?
Can't you post them?

Just click where it says Images under the OP's name on any post. Works for everyone. Try clicking on mine for instance.

Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Old 13-08-2013, 19:50   #11

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Best bet is to set up a website. This will give you the most bang for your buck. The vendor did this when he listed Atoll II which we purchased 4 years ago. In fact we flew from Canada to Borneo to look at the boat after we had made an offer based on what we saw. This was conditional of course but we did end up with a deal!!

These boats are beautiful and show very well in this way. Her age might hurt you a bit but it sounds with the low hours on the engine that either you sailed everywhere or she doesn't have a lot miles under her belt.

With all that recent work that you had done did you plan a trip or just get back from anywhere?
Old 14-08-2013, 00:22   #12

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minaret View Post

Just click where it says Images under the OP's name on any post. Works for everyone. Try clicking on mine for instance.
Doesn't work on iPad with the app
Old 14-08-2013, 00:36   #13

Boat: saga kan walker 31ft
Send a message via Skype™ to sctpc

Quote:
Doesn't work on iPad with the app
Thats Apple Cr^p for you dont matter its only 3 picks of a dock and a boat in the back ground. Detail is the only way to sell anything

Old 15-08-2013, 07:38   #14

Boat: Bayliner 2355, looking for a Whitby

Jolly Roger, it was a pleasure reading about your journey with your boat. The writing and photos shows your awesome talent!!!
Old 15-08-2013, 09:49   #15

Boat: Down East 45 Brigantine schooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgurl View Post
Jolly Roger, it was a pleasure reading about your journey with your boat. The writing and photos shows your awesome talent!!!
Thank you kindly for the compliment. I wouldn’t exactly call it “awesome,” more like dogged perseverance and .

Tags
formosa, ketch