Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2009, 05:41   #1

Boat: see web site
For Sale or Trade: Tayana 37'

Lokadune OUR 37' ayana Cuter is for sale and we will sell her fore less than any 37' on the market. She is located in Abaco Bahamas and can motor or sail away now! If interested contact me by e-mail info@cruiseabaco.com I could be interested in a partial trade for a car in Florida
Old 20-08-2009, 15:39   #2

Interested... Price, year, specs, pictures...

Thanks
Old 21-08-2009, 02:25   #3

Tayana 37'

Price $25,000 best price on a 37' any place she can sail or motor away today. hauled, surveyed and bottom job 2009 used for teaching charters last trip was June 2009 my personal boat. Email if interested in moving forward. You can see pictures of Lokadune here: Lokadune.
Old 21-08-2009, 02:36   #4

Boat: 50' steel canal and river cruiser
Whats the catch? Any more details, sails, engine, nav, tankage, other equipment included, year of manufacture etc etc?
Old 21-08-2009, 03:32   #5

Lokadune for sale / Great deal on a great boat!

We want to sell lokadune a 1977 Tayana 37 cutter as we have a new boat coming to our charter fleet to arrive mid October. I will have one more boat than mooring. Lokadune is an older boat and does not fit the fleet we are building as we have all newer boats inour charter fleet. Lokadune has been our personal boat for about twenty years. I have used her for ASA teaching charters for bareboat certification in our charter fleet in Abaco for the last eight years. She has a 2009 survey showing a market value of $40,000.00 Like I said in an earlier post she can sail or motor away today. You can cruise her as is today or do work on her and bring her up o a value of $65,000.00 like others are on the market for. I have a few pictures, copy of survey and a web site if anyone e-mails me at info@cruiseabaco.com I will send this info. I had this web site on this site and moderators deleted it as they said it was a comercial post??? We just would like o sell her and we know in this market only very good deals sell and we put her a a price we know she will sell. We have had about five inquires in two days from this forum and I have not done any other adverising yet but will in the next week now that Im on this mission.
Mark
Old 21-08-2009, 08:48   #6

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Knutson K-35 Yawl "Oh Joy" - Mariner 31 Ketch "Kahagon" - K-40 "Seasmoke" - 30' Sloop "Baccus"
Helluva price if she's a well found boat. I've got my hands full or would seriously look at this boat m'self. Good luck with your sale.
Old 22-08-2009, 08:25   #7

Boat: Liberty 28 Custom Cutter - "Native Dancer" For Sale
just Google up "Lokadune Tayana". It's a charter boat.
Old 24-08-2009, 04:20   #8

Lokadune for sale / Great deal on a great boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty28 View Post
just Google up "Lokadune Tayana". It's a charter boat.
Lokadune is my personal boat and we use her for captained ASA training. We also own the charter company. She is a great boat designed by Robert Perry and just completed our season about a month ago. at 37' she is very comfortable and liveable. We moved up from a 31' boat when we bought her about twenty years ago and think a boat in the 35' - 40' is a perfect size for extended cruising. She can sail or motor and is not the typical boat in this price range. I had my web site listed here but the moderators removed it as they said it was a commercial post. Tayana's are world class boats with a great name and are not listed for a price close to this. We have a new boat coming to our fleet mid Oct. and one less moorings than boats.
Old 24-08-2009, 05:28   #9

Boat: Pearson P39Hull#72
IT's a Tayana 37!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCobra View Post
Helluva price if she's a well found boat. I've got my hands full or would seriously look at this boat m'self. Good luck with your sale.
Never seen one of these (including a former charter version, once) that wasn't/isn't/won't be a "well found boat", including 2 that were even storm damaged. They are VERY Tough, well constructed vessels.

This 1 wasn't in "charter" in reading this thread, (and the link to it, the vessel) rather used for TEACHING which means a captain was onboard, while the folks learned/qualified for bareboat chartering. Big Difference imho;

If we didn't already have a vessel we adore, well this would be a very appealing opportunity to investigate, especially at the offered price.
It does leave plenty of funds on the table for the legit. buyer shopping these already.

Cruise, if You don't score big here w/serious interest in the next few days, I'd throw it up on ebay with a "buy it now". Done & done.
Here's hoping someone here likes what they see and has a great vehicle to trade so You both make out well;
HTH,
-Mick
Old 24-08-2009, 05:35   #10
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sabre 28-2
For what it's worth, I am very happy with my Tayana 37 (1978).

A couple of things to look for, however:

Deck: these boats are mostly balsa cored sandwich and therefore have the inevitable problems of that come with teak over this construction -- i.e., water ingress into the sandwich. If this hasn't been addressed, it is almost inevitably going to be a problem that will lead to a rather involved deck re-do.

Chainplates: partly because of the deck construction, the chainplate knees are subject to rot from water ingress and the chainplates themselves exposed to corrosion. The good news is that redoing the chainplates is easier than it sounds.

The good news is Tayana 37s are unparalleled sea boats and doing remarkably well in light air, considering their substantial displacement. The interior finish is exquisite.
Old 25-08-2009, 02:43   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneuman View Post
For what it's worth, I am very happy with my Tayana 37 (1978).

Chainplates: partly because of the deck construction, the chainplate knees are subject to rot from water ingress and the chainplates themselves exposed to corrosion. The good news is that redoing the chainplates is easier than it sounds.

The good news is Tayana 37s are unparalleled sea boats and doing remarkably well in light air, considering their substantial displacement. The interior finish is exquisite.
I am also pleased with the way this heavy weather blue water cruiser sails in very light air. She is not a record breaker up wind but not bad. She steers beter than any boat I have ever sailed under autopilot, even down wind.
We did have a chain plate problem corrosion problem and had a welder in Abaco build a new one and I replaced it and you are right easier than I thought. We have to rebed the chain plates every few years.
Our fuel and water tanks are good but we hear these are a problems with some.
Lokadune has an alunimum mast and we are thankful for that.
We hate to be selling her as she has been part of the family for twenty years. We have cruised and lived aboard her several ttimes for extended periods and now use her regulary to teach ASA sailing classes. The demand in charter and teaching is now for almost new boats equiped like what you charter most places so this is the direction we are going. Our fleet will have all modern sloops and catamarans when our season re-opens in lat Oct. and the classics will be gone??????
Old 26-08-2009, 06:29   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjou View Post
Whats the catch? Any more details, sails, engine, nav, tankage, other equipment included, year of manufacture etc etc?
If it is quite a good yacht, Anjou, you are guaranteed to miss it. Somebody will hire a surveyor, or go look, and snap it up.
Old 26-08-2009, 06:59   #13

Boat: Pearson P39Hull#72
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Wade View Post
If it is quite a good yacht, Anjou, you are guaranteed to miss it. Somebody will hire a surveyor, or go look, and snap it up.
& THAT Indeed Is The "Catch"!

Those of us that can, will. Anjou, have the money ready, call local marinas (NOT THE OWNER, for Your peace of mind sake) and ask the contact info of good local surveyors...hear the same name several times....he/she is Your Person to get the job done. Call them, order the survey (after having confirmed availability w/seller). Have the Surveyor call You BACK (Collect if necessary) to find out from their preliminary/visual inspection and give You a verbal summary before the final printed version....Like what You hear? Get Your fanny on a Plane and take an international cashier's check with You. This particular boat is such a good deal, I'd not even "haggle" with the seller....
IF We were in the market for same.

Having the MONEY, readily available, is of course the other "catch". I'd get the seller to throw in a sea trial and some shakedown cruise training, then sail it back myself to my home port if You...the only "catch" to that theorm, these days is it's the heart of the hurricane season. Keeping it parked a few more months (while INSURED) and then heading over (again) to bring back, or paying a captain to deliver would both be advantageous at the current price.

HTH,
-mick
Old 07-09-2009, 19:34   #14

Lokadune has sold

Just wanted to say thanks for this forum. Lokadune has sold to the second serious inquirey I have had from this site. The new owner flew in to Abaco on Wed. last week we went sailing Thursday and closed on Friday. Lokadune will be staying on our mooring for about another month and will then go cruising in Nov. She has been a great boat and we will miss her. We are excited for the new owners plans to go into action as she sails to the southern Caribean with her new owner.
Mark & Patti

Tags
tayana 37