Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-04-2013, 15:38   #1

Boat: 1977 Cal 2-29 #891
Equipped Cruising Boat, 1977 Cal 2-29

1977 Cal 2-29 hull#891 'Dorothy Ann'
sailboat data page:
CAL 2-29 sailboat specifications and details on sailboatdata.com

I've had the boat since April 2009, sailing and living aboard for around six months out of each of those years. I bought it in North Carolina, where it's titled and registered. Sailed it up to Maine, then to Florida, Bahamas, Dominican Republic/Hispanolia, Belize, Honduras, and Guatemala throughout the years. Dorothy is a sea-worthy cruising vessel, although usable as a day-sailer or racer. I've put thousands and thousands of miles under the keel and just got back from a three-month sail to and from Hispanolia via Bahamas. The boat is ready to sail as of now. I'm looking to sell it within the month. The price listed is negotiable based on taking or leaving things being sold (the anchors, EPIRB, charts, jacklines, etc).

Some info about the boat:
1977 Cal 2-29
LOA 29'
LWL 24'
Draft 4'6"
Beam 9'6"
-New standing rigging (May 2012) and turnbuckles done by professional rigger in Fort Lauderdale.
-Engine: vetus 16hp m2.06 diesel. Installed new 2003, around 800hrs now. Mitsubishi 2LE block, two cylinder. Turns over without a hitch every time.
-20 Gallon Diesel Tank.
-25 Gallon water tank">Fresh Water Tank.
-Two sinks (one galley one head) with electric water pump.
-3 Burner Propane range in galley with 20lb Propane tank.
-Automatic Bilge pump with float switch. Manual Diaphragm Bilge Pump mounted in port cockpit locker.
-VHF Radio
-60watt solar panel with 7A charge controller.
-One deep cycle marine battery. One starter marine battery.
-Shore Power Equipped. 30A with AC breaker box, outlets, battery charger.
-Sleeps 6: v-berth for two, port and starboard quarter berths, seatee with lee-cloth, table folds out and down with extra cushion.
-LED equipped for cabin lights and running lights.
-Wheel steering (push pull open cable) with binnacle mounted compass (w/red LED running light)
-Plenty of stowage under every berth. Large cockpit lockers. Engine accessible from front and sides. Sliding and latching cabinets. Large stowage area behind head.
-Sails: Harken roller furling headsail. 110% high-clew genoa. Mainsail has two full battens, two jiffy reefing equipped reef points, lazy-jack dutchman furling system. Symetrical Spinnaker with spinnaker pole.
-Bimini shade.
-Dingy: 8ft Coleman inflatable with aluminum floor. Evinrude 4.5hp outboard (currently needs repair) w/2.5 gallon tank. Has anchor, oars, paddles. Inflatable Sevlor kayak w/paddle.
-Ground Tackle : 13lb Danforth with 45lb chain and 220ft 1/2 nylon rode. 22lb Bruce anchor with 45ft chain and 200 ft 5/8 nylon rode. Large Fortress Danforth with 220 ft of 5/8ths nylon rode.
-Life Sling safety system
-2 Jack-lines, 3 harnesses, 2 tethers
-406mHz EPRIB
-4 type 2 Life Jackets. 2 throwables.
-Flare gun and hand flares, up to date.
-Radar Reflector

I have many spares (such as the old standing rigging, lots of line, etc) that either come with the boat or can be negotiated with the purchase along with lots of tools, engine spares, charts, safety equipment, etc. The boat is due for regular maintance (bottom paint, engine fluid changes, etc) along with a few repairs that would be prudent to take care of, although it is ready to sail today and just made a multiple thousand mile passage. I can discuss all of this with you, I've been actively working and maintaining the boat for years so know it pretty well inside and out along with how to maintain and service the systems. The boat has other systems that can and will work with some repairs (depth sounder, GPS garmin chartplotter, etc).

I've put years of my life and energy into this boat and care for it greatly, please give me an email or a call with any questions, I'd love to tell you about the boat. I'm currently with the boat in South beach, Miami Beach FL, although can deliver the boat (I'm a licensed 50ton master captain), fee or not depending on the distance. The price listed is negotiable based on taking or leaving things being sold (the anchors, EPIRB, charts, jacklines, etc). Boat is currently in Miami Beach, FL
pictures here: Equipped Cruising Sailboat, 1977 Cal 2-29

Thanks
email : stevevonsteve at gmail dot com
phone (txt or call): 919 six two four 6887
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	spin3.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	60180  
Old 17-10-2013, 10:46   #2

Boat: 1977 Cal 2-29 #891
Re: Equipped Cruising Boat, 1977 Cal 2-29

the boat sold in may, so is no longer available.

Tags
cal, cruising